• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Need help with measuring a group.

cookietheswede

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Southgate, KY
I think this may be my best .22LR group ever. I went out to shoot the 50yd rifle match and forgot to grab extra ammo. So I only had 15 rounds with me so I just shot some groups.

Somehow there are 5 shots in this hole. The problem I have is the paper is ripped in three places on the top (but it wasn't folded over when I retrieved the target).

If this was a match how would it be scored?

photo-3.jpg

photo3.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Need help with measuring a group.

I used the app Ballistic to place your shots, but it is an educated guess. You could also use the program On Target. I don't know how they would have scored it in a match, usually, they have some way to verify your shots. Because scoring small bore can be so difficult, they are scored electronically at higher levels. A slow moving pare behind the target verifies the number of shots fired. Nice shooting.

315AF9C7-5DB6-4D0B-ACBF-A9DF706525FA-234-000000A27A38C557.jpg

Re: Need help with measuring a group.

It's is in iTunes Ballistic AE will work on the iPhone,Itouch,and iPad. Ballistic for iPad is strictly for the iPad with a few more convenient features. This is just a small part of what the app will do in the "logbook" section of the app. It is almost a one stop shop app for shooting The designer has been soliciting suggestions hire on the hide to make it better. Here is the link to that thread you will be able to see some of Ballistics various features by looking through the thread.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3606110#Post3606110

To do the above I took a screenshot from the app and cropped it and then used "pic stitch" to combine two cropped photos.