• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need help with powder scale

bigjake722003

Private
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2010
Elizabeth, WV
I am so disgusted with both of the cheap scales I own I am almost to the point of buying target ammo. So in an effort to keep my reloading alive I am going to buy the best scale or scale trickler combo there is. Money not an issue on this purchase. Whats the recommendation?

Re: Need help with powder scale

Prometheus powder scale.

If you don't want to spend that kind of coin, I recommend the RCBS Chargemaster and a 505 to check it.

Stay away from the Lyman DPS 1200 III...I have one of those, too, as a paperweight.

The best
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d_V-0Rz4MrY&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d_V-0Rz4MrY&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Best Trickler
Omega trickler

Gen 2 Prometheus is the best there is, and if you have to ask how much you can't afford one.

As far as accuracy goals. The gun has shot .31 MOA at 200 yards with loads a fellow shooter worked for me. And no matter what I do I cannot get the same results at the range. I have used the same powder, weight, bullet, primer and brass. I asked him what he did special and he advised me it was most likely my scales.

I shoot 7MM REM MAG and 223. My 223 is just a plinking gun most the time staying under 400 yards, where as the 7MM is what I usually walk out to distance as best I can.

Copy your friends set up. Then work with him to get the same quality.

Another vote for the GD503 and Omega Trickler.

Your scale isn't the problem. Maybe you have some runout on your dies, but it ain't yer scale.

If you think it is, weigh some of your bullets...

What setup are you running now? I am another +1 for the Satorius GD503 and Omega Trickler!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunsnjeeps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Copy your friends set up. Then work with him to get the same quality. </div></div>

Have to agree on this one.