• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need help with scope selection

blakesrs

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
Evans, CO USA
www.blakesrs.com
All, Just need some advice,

I am currently building an R700 300WM and need to find an optic. I am very familiar with the night force and would love to own one. Here is where I am at and want to hear what folks think out there about both scope brands....

#1 Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56mm-NPR1

or

#2 Burris XTR II 8-40X50mm

Main motivation here is the $800 in price difference..... that is another gun ammo. Thanks for your thoughts/advice.

Burris XTR2 4-20 or 5-25 would be a more well rounded choice. Steiner just announced their 5-25 with a retail around $1,800 also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

The Burris 5-25x XTRII would be a more direct comparison to the Nightforce 5.5-22x.
Main difference feature wise, is Burris is FFP. Initial reports have been very good so far for the new Burris line. Nightforce is as proven as it gets for reliability.

The Sightron SIII 6-24x50 is another solid choice in SFP or FFP. If you can swing the Nightforce and SFP works for you, they're great. If you're on a more strict budget, several decent options around $1k...