• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need Help with Seekins Ring selection for 5R 308

RedRaider271

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
DFW Texas
I am getting ready to order a set of seekins rings and base for my remington Milspec 5R, I am going to use a Leupold
Mark 4 30mm tube 3.5-10x40

What size rings should I order for this setup...?
Low, Med, Med-High, High??

Re: Need Help with Seekins Ring selection for 5R 308

Look at the top of this Optics Forum and you will see this sticky post:

Ring Height Info: How to measure correctly....

Bob

Definitely the 30mm Lows. I had a set of Seekins Lows on a seekins 20MOA base on my SPS with a 50mm scope and had plenty of clearance.

Yes Seekins 30mm lows. I just sold my 5r. I used 30mm lows with my 44mm scope.

-T

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely the 30mm Lows. I had a set of Seekins Lows on a seekins 20MOA base on my SPS with a 50mm scope and had plenty of clearance. </div></div>

x2

Thanks guys, thats exactly what I needed to know, I will order the 30mm Lows and the 20 moa base....

Just a thought.......

If in the future you're gonna upgrade to a new MTU contour barrel, and maybe a 50mm scope, you'll be needing mediums. It'll save a time and money now to go that route, that's if you can any mediums around.....