• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need opinions on bushnell elite 4200 6-24x50

rrflyer

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2008
DFW, TX
Looking to step up my glass a little bit and have found a few different scopes for sale I'm interested in.

I've been using a buckmaster 4.5-14x40.

Currently looking at the elite 4200 in 6-24x50. Wondering if I could get some honest opinions on quality and glass.

I just sold one of my AR15's so I've got about 1200 to spend but I figure I can get some good glass, lots 'o' bullets, and some training for that price.

I just dont want to be wasting my money stopping at a mid level scope thats not going to be up to the task.

Used mainly for hitting steel and a little coyote/varmint hunting on a 20" SPS Tactical 308.

Will be mounted on a 20 MOA Base.

Re: Need opinions on bushnell elite 4200 6-24x50

Not sure about the Bushnell myself, but I have a Weaver 4x20 tactical that's FFP Mil-dot and I like it, but might have to sell it to get my truck fixed. From what I have read the Bushnell is good glass, especially for the price.

Re: Need opinions on bushnell elite 4200 6-24x50

It's a good scope for the $600 price range. The side focus and tactical knobs will be an upgrade from the Nikon. Glass is a little better than my Elite 3200 and the adjustments are solid and repeatable. The only downside to the Elites is the limited travel so you will need that 20MOA base if you plan to shoot past 500 yards. I've had a few scopes repaired by Bushnell and the warranty was excellent with no questions asked.

I believer there are 2 for sale now on the site for ~ $500.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1924510#Post1924510