• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need optic's

Re: Need optic's

I am about to be medicaly retired from usasoc and feel like I need to get a scope for my new pof 338LM semi. must say even though we have a lot of great performing very accurate rifles within all the different units of the special ops community the new remington multi caliber bolter and the few pof semi 308 and 338LM that we have for medium to long range precision shot rifles I would love to had said sniper but that word has been through the mud so bad since everyone thinks that anyone who shoots a rifle any further than the range of a hand gun that they must be a sniper sorry just had to vent for a second but anyway back to my point all though the remington mcr is very very accurite since it is a bolter it is not as good for follow up shots and we all know that in urban areas you must have the ability of a follow up shot and semi auto wins that race hands down and of course with the advancements in tech semis are hangin with bolters in accuracy and now that the cheapest scope that we use for M&L range rifles is 1800.00 bucks and that is only a training scope of course I want a great scope but being an enlisted soldier I don't make much so if anything I need a scope that is used or just not all that great I want to be able to shoot at around 700m to about 1000m and all I want to spend is about 500 don't know if it is possible but would love cause don't realy want to sleep on the couch but since I don't realy know what brands have that real clear glass like the schmidt and benders or the leica spotting scopes so need some help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zipper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am about to be medicaly retired from usasoc and feel like I need to get a scope for my new pof 338LM semi. must say even though we have a lot of great performing very accurate rifles within all the different units of the special ops community the new remington multi caliber bolter and the few pof semi 308 and 338LM that we have for medium to long range precision shot rifles I would love to had said sniper but that word has been through the mud so bad since everyone thinks that anyone who shoots a rifle any further than the range of a hand gun that they must be a sniper sorry just had to vent for a second but anyway back to my point all though the remington mcr is very very accurite since it is a bolter it is not as good for follow up shots and we all know that in urban areas you must have the ability of a follow up shot and semi auto wins that race hands down and of course with the advancements in tech semis are hangin with bolters in accuracy and now that the cheapest scope that we use for M&L range rifles is 1800.00 bucks and that is only a training scope of course I want a great scope but being an enlisted soldier I don't make much so if anything I need a scope that is used or just not all that great I want to be able to shoot at around 700m to about 1000m and all I want to spend is about 500 don't know if it is possible but would love cause don't realy want to sleep on the couch but since I don't realy know what brands have that real clear glass like the schmidt and benders or the leica spotting scopes so need some help </div></div>Welcome to the hide.....etc.....
So when did POF start making a 338 lapua? Got any pics?

Just out of curiouity what "training" scope are you saying is $1800?

A scope you can get would be a Bushnell 3200 10x mildot. You can find them new for $200ish or you can spend a little more and go with a swfa super sniper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: outofbounds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have .308 flat top 16"
200-300 max.
hogs & other varmits
What should I get?
TIA </div></div>
Are you saying 200-300 dollars or you will only be shooting 200-300 yards?

If ranging isnt an issue I would go with a nightforce compact with the new velocity ballistic reticle. US Optics rocks if you can stand the wait. Burris Xtreme Tactical Scope 1.5X-6X-40mm has a red dot plus a 7.62 ballistic reticle.
CC

we had some leo's that was maybe a year or so old but when they lost the usasoc contract we gave all of them back to the s4 and they got sent to the 82nd conventionals we have some nightforce 8-32/56 benchies they r on the hand reciept for 1800 and change and not sure if pof has started selling the 338lm to the public yet but the 1 I have was a one off that was a spec build for me by the owner I will have some pics as soon as my household goods get to us the people that the gov pays to move us have rescheduled twice allready for our drop off thanks for the heads up on the super snipers

Super Snipers are a great option in that price range, check out the Falcon Menace scope too.

You are a brave man entrusting the contracted movers. I hope you are waiting on them to get you your camera and not your rifle.

We lost a bunch of stuff with them once. It seemed like it was all good stuff too, like they pick and choose what stuff made it and what didn't make it.

My wife was in an appartment for three months (while I was in a shit hole on the other side of the world) with out any stuff. When our household items did finally show up, it was pretty picked through.

are you still in or have you gotten out if you are still in what post are you at if you want to keep opsec email me at [email protected] I got hooked on the horas reticle now that we are making the big switch to training everyone on it to be honest it is so much better than the old mill dot after you get over the shock of it being so busy it has so many advantages over all other mesuring systems and one of the better ones that they have is a great picture and only cost around 800 and some change

The Horus scopes arent bad,I guess. The reticles are good if you can get a hang of them and they dont give you a head ache,but just like Horus themselves(from what I here)and I will tell you if you want their reticle in a nice well built scope with good glass get it in one that is well built with good glass,not theirs;i.e. S&B,PH,USO etc. I bought a Horus scope just to see if I liked the reticle and was quite less than impressed with the build quality,glass,etc. It had some of the worse chromatic aberration that I have ever seen.Anyways personally I think for $800 you can have a lot better scope.