• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns need recommendations for custom knife maker

cruizer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2009
NM
I have a few pieces of wood leftover from my Borchardt rifle build.
Id like to get a simple knife made with the wood leftover from the for end wood.
any recommendations on a fair priced builder, reasonable time lines, that will build what I ask for?

cruizer

Bill Snow, Tipi knife works, Picasa Web Albums - Bill

[email protected]

Just made me one with a pretty short turn around and made me six for my best man and family for my wedding a few years ago. Very easy to work with, and a great guy that was an AMU Army Marksmanship Unit gunsmith.

Last edited:
Try Bill Harsey in Creswell, Oregon. He used to make the prototype knives for Al Mar knives back when Al was alive. I have had him make a few for me, and his work is fabulous, and reasonably priced for what I received.

Wow!!!! That knife is absolutely gorgeous.

That knife has not only good working size, shape, and esthetics, but it has a very marvelous visual "balance" to everything. Many makers can do knives that work well, and/or look good, but getting a really fine visual balance and appearance of proportion (as in the photo posted) is far more difficult to achieve. Mr. Jonas has done a truly beautiful job on that knife.

Gene Ingram has made over a dozen knives for me and my sons. work is first class and he is an excellent resource.