• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Need scope, have $800 limit

txgunnertx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
weatherford tx
I want exposed turrets, want to stay from 2.5x-4x on the low end. 30mm or 1" dont matter. The ones that I have found so far are weaver, and Viper PST, leaning toward the PST. What else is in my price range/

Re: Need scope, have $800 limit

Pst or the weaver 3-15 with the edmr reticle Would be sweet

Weaver 3-15 EMDR...$700 from SWFA, and if you can find it for cheaper, SWFA will price match it 110%.

Used Bushnell 4200 3-12x44 FFP; they come up in the classifieds here semi-regularly for <$600

Weaver. You'll have to buy it new because they are rare in the used market for a reason.

I bought a viper PST 4-16x50 a couple weeks ago and i like everything about it but the glass leaves a little to be desired when compared to my leupold VX-L 6-20x56,but the leupold did cost more.

Go weaver with the EDMR, great scope and the glass easily compares to the SS HD 5-20. The PST has the better reticle but that's it. Btw, I know someone that is selling their weaver to upgrade to a high end scope after shot show and will be posting it in the for sale section in the next day or two.

Flyingbullseye

I really didn't expect that the weaver would be a popular scope. If I were to raise it up to $1000 what would y'all suggest

You would have to make a bigger dollar jump than that to ignore what Weaver has to offer.

How about the Nikon Monarch X 2.5-10? I like the 4-16's but they usually go for more than I feel they are worth. The 2.5-10's can be had for a pretty decent price on the used market.