• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEED SOFT BAG

BANG...ping

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2017
Hi all,

I need a soft bag for precision rifle matches. I have some Wiebad bags and a Gamechanger, but they are all made of a stiff canvass like material. I would like to try a softer bag so I can mush the stock down into the bag for maximim surface area contact and stability: All I need is a small bag, about 8” by 8” and 5” thick. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bang

Dimensions: 8.50” x 10.50” x 7.50”
71ZenLyD42L_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Wiebad pump pillow has a light fill is that what you mean?

Traust makes a super lightweight bag about those dimensions. Is it made similar material but once the material is broken in, it works good.

Solo Sac and the waxed canvas game changer are the two I'd recommend. There's a dramatic difference between the standard GC fabric and the waxed canvas, with the latter being extremely supple.

I have both but if pressed to only keep one it would be the waxed canvas GC.

Reactions: pga43
Solo Sac and the waxed canvas game changer are the two I'd recommend. There's a dramatic difference between the standard GC fabric and the waxed canvas, with the latter being extremely supple.

I have both but if pressed to only keep one it would be the waxed canvas GC.
Thank you.

It’s not the fastest method, but you can easily hand sew your own out of old ACU tops. I say the tops because most surplus stores can barely give them away and they provide a lot of material. You can make several bags for under $20.

Cost can go up depending on the fill. Poly pellets (like what’s in Beanie Babies) can be about $8/2 lbs bag at a craft store and are heavier than using polystyrene beads. The polystyrene beads make a lot more noise but are cheaper and also float.

I would suggest looking at the Armageddon Chinese Cheater Bag. It is a very lightweight, “pillowy” fill as opposed to bead fill. The size is pretty close to what you’re looking for and I have found it to be a fantastic all purpose bag, especially with my precision work in a LE capacity.
I have also found it useful in several matches as both a rear bag option and especially as a barricade bag.

I made a bag cause I wasn't happy with the bags out there. It is light, easy to deploy, soft, made with rubberized material to grip barricades and the rifle.

www.thunderbirdlongrange.com

Here is quick video. There are others on my channel.

This guy,

He is advertising all over the site, we have a 1/2 dozen complaints about it this morning

I was meant to be responding to him

Reactions: spife7980