• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need some help picking a belt please...

47guy

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2017
reno,nevada
time for me to start investing in some better equipment and also picking up some things i need but dont have starting with a nice belt.

looking for something padded,wide for support and something i can run an H harness...i was looking at the condor stuff but looked a little under priced to be quality gear...any tips recommendations or links to good gear would be appreciated thanks.

HSGI, usgruntgear, AWS tactical all good choices. If you don't have a gut or a ton of stuff on the belt to keep it down while active, then the padded belt may not work. I tried the condor route and found that the belt worked its way up since I have no midsection to keep it down. Went with the regular velcro lined inner/outer belt for my uses. You could try a padded belt on the cheap and see if it workes before dropping a bunch of coin on a better one.

I recently upgraded my belt system and went with the HSGI. Great adaptivity and flexability made it the right choice for me. Take a look at the Viking Brokos series. There are some nice options with the Viking too. I would stay away from Condor and most of the imports. Stitching falls apart over time with their stuff. Serious operation demands serious gear. Check out SOE as well. John makes some of the best nylon around, but it's not cheap!

thanks fellas i found a few of these last night...i see the HSGI and the vikings are highly regarded so ill be looking at those in particular.

Back in 09, PSD teams in Iraq were converting from high-profile, upper body molle vests/racks capable of holding a minimum of 10 mags....to low-profile gear. The high-pro gear was too threatening and offended the Iraqi's (good going Obama). You had to wear everything you needed on a belt and throw a big overshirt on to conceal it as best you could. I used a lot of belts and there was a major issue of the tops of the molle belts curling down due to the weight of the ammo/mags/pouches/holster. I went through a few before finding what worked.

The best one I found was the VTAC Brokos belt. It has stiffeners built into the padded belt to prevent the curling. I considered my molle rows vital for ammo pouches and did not want to waste rows attaching my suspenders. The VTAC has attached suspender attachment points which is great. Some belts don't. It carries 4 M-4 mags, 4 Glock mags, pistol holster, radio pouch, med kit all on my belt. Every molle column was used.....if the suspender attachments weren't there, I would have lost 4 columns (front and back) which is space for 2 M-4 mags.

This was nearly 10 years ago but I don't know if it could get much better than that setup.

VTAC Brokos belt
Inner belt with cobra buckle
Blue Force Gear suspenders
Blue Forge Gear rifle/pistol/med pouch
Diamondback Tactical radio pouch

Now if you're looking to get into the prone for PRS stuff, you'd have to lose the stuff on the front of the belt.

Med kit not attached in picture but you see the spot for it. I had 1 unused column and had a tourniquet attached via rubber bands.

Hope this helps.

thumbnail (9).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BravoSierra
Back in 09, PSD teams in Iraq were converting from high-profile, upper body molle vests/racks capable of holding a minimum of 10 mags....to low-profile gear. The high-pro gear was too threatening and offended the Iraqi's (good going Obama). You had to wear everything you needed on a belt and throw a big overshirt on to conceal it as best you could. I used a lot of belts and there was a major issue of the tops of the molle belts curling down due to the weight of the ammo/mags/pouches/holster. I went through a few before finding what worked.

The best one I found was the VTAC Brokos belt. It has stiffeners built into the padded belt to prevent the curling. I considered my molle rows vital for ammo pouches and did not want to waste rows attaching my suspenders. The VTAC has attached suspender attachment points which is great. Some belts don't. I carries 4 M-4 mags, 4 Glock mags, pistol holster, radio pouch, med kit all on my belt. Every molle column was used.....if the suspender attachments weren't there, I would have lost 4 columns (front and back) which is space for 2 M-4 mags.

This was nearly 10 years ago but I don't know if it could get much better than that setup.

VTAC Brokos belt
Inner belt with cobra buckle
Blue Force Gear suspenders
Blue Forge Gear rifle/pistol/med pouch
Diamondback Tactical radio pouch

Now if you're looking to get into the prone for PRS stuff, you'd have to lose the stuff on the front of the belt.

Med kit not attached in picture but you see the spot for it. I had 1 unused column and had a tourniquet attached via rubber bands.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 6898076

this helps a bunch as this is exactly what im looking for...i want to buy once cry once....i have mag pouches so for now i just need a padded belt and a dump pouch that should get me going...thanks.

Ive got the original Suregrip from HSGI, and their slimmer one. Both are good to go. I have the original set up with some suspenders and pouches set up much like an old ALICE belt rig, just using updated pouches. The slim belt is used for pistol, blow out kit, and two rifle/pistol HSGI tacos. Both work great for what they are intended to do.

the more i look the more im liking the HSGI stuff plus its a one stop shop for me...im going to hold off until monday but as of now im pretty set on the high speed gear set up.

Not sure what application this is for, but for PRS you can keep it simple.

I run an Arcteryx riggers built, which is pretty stiff yet really light. During matches I keep a pistol, x2 HSGI Taco's for AI mags, and x1 HSGI pistol mag taco. For that, it works great.

I wouldn't recommend having a big load out on your belt for PRS style comps, but I can't comment for other purposes.

Not sure what application this is for, but for PRS you can keep it simple.

I run an Arcteryx riggers built, which is pretty stiff yet really light. During matches I keep a pistol, x2 HSGI Taco's for AI mags, and x1 HSGI pistol mag taco. For that, it works great.

I wouldn't recommend having a big load out on your belt for PRS style comps, but I can't comment for other purposes.

this is exactly what its for...i dont have a belt and tired of trying to drag all my other stuff around...mags in my pocket ect...i look like corky the shooter.
i shot with a few guys from norcal last weekend and i liked their set ups but didnt think to ask about brands...they said the same thing just keep it simple at first then add if/as needed.

well monday came early...after speaking with the nice lady at HSGI and her asking me a lot of questions(and saving me $143 bucks)i ended up ordering the LASER slim grip padded belt the 1.75 cobra IDR belt and a dump pouch.

Reactions: ReaperMedic
So I got my HSGI belt today....first let me say what a nice piece of gear this is...I am no expert here but as soon as you handle this stuff you just know it’s quality...and the customer service...I can say enough good about the folks at HSGI.

So I’ve got it kind of set I’m I’m sure it will need adjusting and additions but for now it feels pretty good.

How do you guys attach your bags to your belt?

I use a game changer quite offten and a pimp pillow not so much but only because it’s a pain to pack it around.

I’ve seen guys with thethers? From their belts to the pump pillows and that looks like the play as I’ve seen it used a bunch of different ways to steady different positions.

Reactions: Stpilot12