• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

need some load date for 308 using H380

jamesZ71

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2009
Sarasota,FL
im shooting a savage 308 with a 20in heavy barrel with a 1 in 10 twist
been using varget and IMR 3031 working well but finding it isnt that easy around my area

going to be using
Brass-Fed
Primers-Win or CCI benchrest
Bullet-168gr or 175gr
loads will be used from 300yrds to 600yrds

let me know what works for you

Re: need some load date for 308 using H380

I had very good results with an HS Precision HTR in .308 with 190gr Berger VLD, Rem 9 1/2 primer & 44.0grs H380. It was the most accurate load I tried and made a good showing at both 600 & 1,000 yards.

James,

I don't see any load in the Hodgdon manual using 380 in the .308. I've used in my 30-06 and .270.

It's right next to BLC2(which is next to 748-the same thing I understand) in the burn rate chart (in that same 2009 manual) and only 2 slots slower than Varget!

http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

Try looking in the Lee and Lyman Manuals for load data as this seems to be a worthy choice if not ideal.

Have you tried calling Mr. Cheerful at Harbor reloading in Clearwater? I've been looking for a pretext to get over there as I haven't been by in a few months.

I hope that crabby bastid is still open!

I have tried a few 168g loads with h380 but I they were all compressed with no sighn's of pressure, I went well into the neck with the powder before I stopped and switched powder. all the loads I tried were below max,I think they came from an old RCBS load Program.speer #11 shows a load but there was no way I could get that much powder in the case..