• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some Military help to call BS

All this said, remember, “All men in the infantry cheat, the good infantry men Don’t Get Caught!”

(Drill Sargent to our company at Tiger Land, Ft. Polk, 1970.).

Reactions: M8541Reaper
LOL so you'd hire someone knowing they are a liar as long as they had the ability to do the job and they were fun to be around the cooler :ROFLMAO:... If someone can lie about one thing you don't think they could lie about the ability they have to do the job, lie about why they are always late, lie about why they can't meet deadlines, etc etc... I'm sure all of those fun cooler stories are going to be true too...

Ever tell your wife her hair is fine to get to dinner on time?

That being said, the people who I see caught on the “stolen valor” videos seem to have mental issues, I probably wouldn’t hire based on that, don’t want to catch the dude eating all the staples or licking windows or something.

I have never worked in the military, I have zero desire to say I did.

Ever tell your wife her hair is fine to get to dinner on time?

That being said, the people who I see caught on the “stolen valor” videos seem to have mental issues, I probably wouldn’t hire based on that, don’t want to catch the dude eating all the staples or licking windows or something.

I have never worked in the military, I have zero desire to say I did.

Worst argument I've ever heard so basically lie as long as the job gets done 🤣... With a tag of "Old Salt" I figured you'd have more ball's and general values than that... There's really no reason we continue I don't think you're gonna get it anyway just hire that lier as your next accountant an lemme know how your business works out...

It only matters once the applicant brings it up. An interview is more than “are you qualified to do the job.” It is, “are you the ‘right fit’ for the job.” The job in question ‘probably’ isn’t written with sniper credentials as a requirement. But, once the applicant brings it up, it’s fair game. Some like people that can weave a suit from the thinnest thread of truth. Others just want someone that tells it straight. Ultimately, I believe it is more enjoyable to work with people that are happy with who they are.

Reactions: Milf Dots
All this said, remember, “All men in the infantry cheat, the good infantry men Don’t Get Caught!”

(Drill Sargent to our company at Tiger Land, Ft. Polk, 1970.).
The more modern mantra of the same concept, specifically for during screeners and prep was “If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying.”

It only matters once the applicant brings it up. An interview is more than “are you qualified to do the job.” It is, “are you the ‘right fit’ for the job.” The job in question ‘probably’ isn’t written with sniper credentials as a requirement. But, once the applicant brings it up, it’s fair game. Some like people that can weave a suit from the thinnest thread of truth. Others just want someone that tells it straight. Ultimately, I believe it is more enjoyable to work with people that are happy with who they are.
If he's happy being XYZ Marine, true or not... Who cares?🤷🏾‍♂️ I dunno, I just don't give much credence to veteran or military affiliation when it comes to a job, unless their MOS/AOC/whatever has something to do with the job they are interviewing for.

The whole stolen valor thing is dumb.

Indicates poor moral character. If he lies in an interview, how much will he lie when hired?
We just had a senior member of our department who was well known to be a self-promoting liar get ‘retired’. It is like a weight got lifted off the organization. Best to not hire someone like that to avoid a long-term headache.

Worst argument I've ever heard so basically lie as long as the job gets done 🤣... With a tag of "Old Salt" I figured you'd have more ball's and general values than that... There's really no reason we continue I don't think you're gonna get it anyway just hire that lier as your next accountant an lemme know how your business works out...

Re read what I wrote slowly, let me know if you have any other questions

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Who cares about intergrity??? amiright? I mean, shit...its only like, 90% of what people do or dont do. After all, if you lie right to someones face, you'll ALWAYS do the right thing when no one is looking.

gtfo with that shit. If you lack even the basic level of integrity you CANT fill a position properly (edit, eddieNFL made a good point, you'd do fine in sales, my bad), bc inevitably you WILL lie to cover your own ass (regardless of your quals).

On a seperate note, if he was in the Marines, who the F cares what your MOS was, be proud you served, I am, and I didn't do shit compared the people I spend time with.

Integrity and honesty were probably more important than knowledge and skills in my career.

If you're stamping out parts or mowing lawns, then who cares as long as the job gets done.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
@M8541Reaper i think he meant he will let you do a body shot 😉

I mean. I dont really know what that is, but it sounds weird to do with a dude. and no, not searching the web for ANYTHING you say!!! :LOL::LOL:

I dont really go out and party. I like to drink at home or my friend's places. Easier to always have good whisky AND to keep any assholes other than myself away.

Here in the Denver area, most brew pubs and bars crawl with liberal filth in skinny jeans and man buns. And those chick shoes, Toms I think they are called.
also $7 for a pint of beer is just idiotic when I can buy a 6 pack for $10.

Okay....why not just have some fun with this guy. Tell him he is hired. Tell him that HR will call him tomorrow. Next day call his house at 1201 AM....Explain he has a mission to support and he's to meet you at a MIL GRID location, aircraft enroute, any gear he needs will be on the aircraft, the rest will be briefed on the aircraft ......See how long he tries to talk out of it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
You have had plenty of people telling you this guy is BS, so I don't need to rake those coals.
However, when I have a question about someone (and I am usually right, since they are usually rather blatant), I consult the Forum: SocNet.
They have different sections under SocNet, for SEALs, Rangers, SF, and Marine Recon, etc. Each has people on that particular section who have access to current rosters and School rosters. Never failed me yet.
All Special Ops have a section on that forum.

Integrity and honesty were probably more important than knowledge and skills in my career.

If you're stamping out parts or mowing lawns, then who cares as long as the job gets done.

Until you fuckup or and lie to cover your ass while rejected or unsafe parts go into production and cause a lawsuit or ruin your reputation.

Yeah what could go wrong?

Sad thing is integrity has a value due its rarity.

If you have someone with solid integrity they probably cost too much to be your guy that loads flat stock into a press to become a fender.

I mean. I dont really know what that is, but it sounds weird to do with a dude. and no, not searching the web for ANYTHING you say!!! :LOL::LOL:

I dont really go out and party. I like to drink at home or my friend's places. Easier to always have good whisky AND to keep any assholes other than myself away.

Here in the Denver area, most brew pubs and bars crawl with liberal filth in skinny jeans and man buns. And those chick shoes, Toms I think they are called.
Wait so am I invited for drinks or not? You said that you like to keep assholes away…and I’m usually called an asshole. I promise to not wear skinny jeans…but I can’t promise that they won’t be skin tight sweats 😂😂😂

As for those that say integrity doesn’t matter…if you’re management, your top performers probably hate working for you.

Okay....why not just have some fun with this guy. Tell him he is hired. Tell him that HR will call him tomorrow. Next day call his house at 1201 AM....Explain he has a mission to support and he's to meet you at a MIL GRID location, aircraft enroute, any gear he needs will be on the aircraft, the rest will be briefed on the aircraft ......See how long he tries to talk out of it.

Get an M40 clone, find a 300 yard range, and tell him if he can put 20 shots in a three inch circle the job is his.

Wait so am I invited for drinks or not? You said that you like to keep assholes away…and I’m usually called an asshole. I promise to not wear skinny jeans…but I can’t promise that they won’t be skin tight sweats 😂😂😂

As for those that say integrity doesn’t matter…if you’re management, your top performers probably hate working for you.

If this country valued integrity the people we have running it now would be unknown to us.

If you have someone with solid integrity they probably cost too much to be your guy that loads flat stock into a press to become a fender.
On the flip side, there are plenty of people with solid integrity that would love nothing more than to load flats into a stamping machine. Sometimes, people are just tired of being in charge of other people.

Integrity (from previous post) aside, and I am NOT a US veteran, but relatives who are (one retired, one active colonel, and one special forces) have told me there is no legal way to transfer a US Army-assigned weapon directly to a private individual. "Retired" weapons can be obtained thru organizations like CMP.

I have no idea if that is conclusive. I just asked people who should know more than me.

Salt on the neck, tequila in the belly button, lime in the mouth. Nothing gay about that...just two guys hanging out.

Integrity (from previous post) aside, and I am NOT a US veteran, but relatives who are (one retired, one active colonel, and one special forces) have told me there is no legal way to transfer a US Army-assigned weapon directly to a private individual. "Retired" weapons can be obtained thru organizations like CMP.

I have no idea if that is conclusive. I just asked people who should know more than me.
They still do it... For General Officers.

Is that where the term saltpeter comes from?
Hey man, if you’re into that gay shit put the salt wherever you want....

Rooster don’t go to the bar seeing as how the last time when I guy bumped into him he turned around and said “hey bro, you got a problem? We can go outside and kiss about it!”

🤣 You did this to yourself

Some people have integrity and will not abide liars and cheats, no matter how good their skills might be.

You don't seem to fall in that group of men with integrity.

Lol

So edgy

The amount of people who BS a little on a resume is pretty high, the amount who make up whole war stores having never been employed by the military, to me that’s more a mental issue than a integrity one.

Just makes no sense unless military service was a requirement of the job for some reason.

But getting all hot and bothered over some nut lying about working where you worked is silly

RealWorld.jpg

On the flip side, there are plenty of people with solid integrity that would love nothing more than to load flats into a stamping machine. Sometimes, people are just tired of being in charge of other people.
THIS^^^ So tried of customers, upper management, and an owners that doesn't have a clue (She was left the business by her late husband). I'd rather go back running to manual lathes and mills.

Last edited:
Reactions: roostercogburn98
The only issued weapons that I’m aware of that are eligible for individual purchase are the personalized side arms issued to General Officers. I remember doing the paperwork for my boss (I was his XO) when he was retiring…decent price; basically what the gov’t paid for the sidearm (Beretta M9, so yeah, a few years ago, LoL) and 3 magazines, and it came with a holster and pistol belt with his rank on the buckle.

Edit: Don’t remember the flag in the case, but a quick search found this; Army vs. AF, but same-same: https://www.army.mil/article/6938/general_officer_pistol_program_has_rich_history

I love that an XO now has that avatar. 😂🤣😂

I remember for almost a week I thought officers were different.

From that article:

"In addition to the pistol they get a flag, belt buckle, holster, magazine, cleaning rod and brush and other accessories," said Kemmis. The pistols cost $497.

Most general officers purchase their pistols when they retire, said Kemmis. "They are general officers after all, and we give them exceptional service. We try to take really good care of them."

lol wait, what?

• Haha
Reactions: roostercogburn98
From that article:

"In addition to the pistol they get a flag, belt buckle, holster, magazine, cleaning rod and brush and other accessories," said Kemmis. The pistols cost $497.

Most general officers purchase their pistols when they retire, said Kemmis. "They are general officers after all, and we give them exceptional service. We try to take really good care of them."

lol wait, what?

No butter bar to shoot and clean it for them?

No butter bar to shoot and clean it for them?

Well, that too.

But you're in the .mil for 20+ years and you get to pay $497 for your sidearm?

It's not like theres 100k general officers retiring each year. Of all the shit they actually charge people for or 'try and save money' on; its this? LOL

Meanwhile, Private Fobbit is on his 3rd set of PVS14s because he keeps losing them even though he never goes anywhere.

From that article:

lol wait, what?
Someone had to tell the warriors where to go 🤷🏻‍♂️

Here ya go

1637441174231.jpeg

Unfortunately he means this....

1637441225787.jpeg

You’re welcome …

LOL

Yeah, when I retired I let all that go…drives me nuts to see some of my Academy classmates or other folks who just can’t let that part go. Their whole image is tied to their (former) rank.

Kind of sad to me actually.

Don’t get me wrong…. I’m very proud of my service, and have no issue withe the folks who feel good wearing their “<insert service here> retired” hats…and jacket, and stickers on every corner of their car, and a license plate frame, and maybe a special license plate too (I admit I have a couple of those), but man…

Anyway…. Yeah, I may have overcorrected when I let that persona go. The avatart is just one example of my regression and letting go of being The Man (capital T, capital M). Already turned down 3 promotions in my second career…may be time to start a third. I’m not quite to the point of Kevin Spacey’s character in ‘American Beauty’ where I want a job with the least possible amount of responsibility, but damn close…. Those jobs don’t pay enough to support my new and old hobbies, so I’m trying to strike the middle ground of mid-level upper management.

I get to mentor some good folks, but still get to leave it all at the door when I leave “the office“ . Probably only a matter of time before I‘ll need to move on though. The company is definitely an up or out type organization…usually anyway.

We’ll see.

You’re welcome …

LOL

Yeah, when I retired I let all that go…drives me nuts to see some of my Academy classmates or other folks who just can’t let that part go. Their whole image is tied to their (former) rank.

Kind of sad to me actually.

Don’t get me wrong…. I’m very proud of my service, and have no issue withe the folks who feel good wearing their “<insert service here> retired” hats…and jacket, and stickers on every corner of their car, and a license plate frame, and maybe a special license plate too (I admit I have a couple of those), but man…

Anyway…. Yeah, I may have overcorrected when I let that persona go. The avatart is just one example of my regression and letting go of being The Man (capital T, capital M). Already turned down 3 promotions in my second career…may be time to start a third. I’m not quite to the point of Kevin Spacey’s character in ‘American Beauty’ where I want a job with the least possible amount of responsibility, but damn close…. Those jobs don’t pay enough to support my new and old hobbies, so I’m trying to strike the middle ground of mid-level upper management.

I get to mentor some good folks, but still get to leave it all at the door when I leave “the office“ . Probably only a matter of time before I‘ll need to move on though. The company is definitely an up or out type organization…usually anyway.

We’ll see.

I support this. Carry on. 😎👍

Not that you need my approval.

Lol

So edgy

The amount of people who BS a little on a resume is pretty high, the amount who make up whole war stores having never been employed by the military, to me that’s more a mental issue than a integrity one.

Just makes no sense unless military service was a requirement of the job for some reason.

But getting all hot and bothered over some nut lying about working where you worked is silly

You're beneath me

Put it another way… Being a sniper has nothing to do with the job. Buying your service rifle has nothing to do with the job. These are utterly meaningless lies. Do you really think he will be making fewer lies about important things? I don’t.

Lol, because I can’t get all butt hurt over a mentally challenged person making up mentally challenged stories?

Find better causes to battle dude

Do you know the first rule of holes?