• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need some prayers for my kid. X-ray added

DODGE268

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2004
Jackson Ms
My six year old son was injured in a crash on Sunday. We are in Batson Childrens Hospital in Jackson. Which is an awesome place to be if you need it. His right femur was broken, the doctors have used the word "powder" a couple of times, which I could have done without. Anywho any kind of good ju-ju you guys could throw my way would be great. Sorry for the disjointed typing but I haven't really slept yet.
Thanks,
Patrick

OK first off, thank you everybody, you guys are great. Here's the skinny on the crash:
My idiot 23 year old nephew, who was kicked out of the Army for "failure to adapt" and has been unemployed for the three years since, has recently moved back in with my sister in law who is going to "fix" him. She decided to bring him with her to deer camp over the week end. Needless to say he was not helping work and decided to ride my kid around on the Ranger. He was instructed by me not to leave the property and "be careful". He left the property and headed off down the county road at a high rate of speed. He took a curve on the inside and met an F-250 hauling round bales head on. My neice was ejected but my son was wearing his seat belt and was not. He slid forward on his seat and struck his right knee on the dash cutting the knee badly and breaking his femur right above the growth plate. A neigbor came to our camp and got us to come to the scene. I did not have any trauma stuff with me so I grabbed some towels and hauled ass. Upon arriving on scene I saw my neice on her back bleeding from her head and my son on the seat screaming and bleeding from his nose and leg. I got the people attending my neice set up and instructed them how to keep her head still. I asked her simple questions and got appropriate answers, pupils looked good. Got pressure on the wound and moved to my son. First thing I saw was a cut so deep I just about lost my shit. I can tell you it's a different feeling working a wreck with your kid. This is something I have done a million times as a cop and accident reconstructionist. But man when it's your kid, it takes all you've got to keep it together. Any way, leg was obviously broken but bleeding had to be stopped. Not spraying but pumping hard. Cut a towel and got pressure on it. Ambulance arrived and I sent the medics to my niece to get a c collar and get her stable. I wouldn't let the medics put my kid on the back board because I wasnted to do it. I knew it was going to hurt him bad and I couldn't stand to have someone else do that. Got him and my niece loaded on the chopper and flown to the hospital. He now has bars and pins holding his leg together until the swelling goes down enough to do the surgery to fix things. All prayers are appreciated.
Thanks for everything guys.
Patrick
Surgery tomorrow gonna try to fix this!
Picture038.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Re: Need some prayers for my kid.

I'm sorry to hear this news. Prayers sent to your son and your family. Let us know if we can do anything else.

Keep in mind.. kids are amazingly resilient physically and God watches over them.

Thanks Shank, just hard to watch him hurt and can't do anything to fix it. He does have some cool bars and pins sticking out of his leg. I told him chicks dig scars, but he doesn't really care about chicks yet.
Patrick

Your son and family have been added to our prayer circle

I worked at Childrens for some of the 5 years I was at the UMC. It is an awesome good hospital. Just keep a watch and don't be afraid to speak up about anything. If it does not seem right tell the nurse, resident or attending doc. And remember the staff like donuts as much as cops do.

Way ahead of you Crump. Bribed the night nurses aleady with KK. Got a guy on my shift to run by when the hot ones light was on.
Patrick

Your son and your family are in our thoughts during this difficult time.

10/4

As a fellow father, you've got prayers and extra prayers inbound. I can't imagine the helplessness you could be feeling, I freak out and feel horrible when my little one gets a minor injury, I would be a wreck in your situation. How did his leg get broken so badly was it a car crash or bike crash? Lots of pain meds?

Headed to Jackson from Chattanooga this weekend. I'll send prayers today. Let me know if there is anything else you need from up this way.

Eddie

Well he is in a good hospital and orthopedics have never been better. He will definitely be getting a large titanium rod in his femur, had a friend who just sustained a similar injury, but he hopefully will get full range of motion back. Probably not a chance 20 years ago.

Patrick, my thougths and prayers with be with you and your family. It's very tough to see your child hurting but like shankster said they are resiliant. My middle son broke his neck in a car accident when he was 17,a little over four years ago. I was amazed to hear him crack jokes about his situation when he was still in rehab at Childrens Hosp. in Seattle.

Our family has been to Batson's,too. I'll be praying. Also, I will be in that area tomorrow. Let me know if you need more KK or anything.

Hunter

Prayers that God will grant you even now a very evident peace beyond explanation, wisdom and love for those in charge of your son's care, and comfort and recovery for your and His very precious little one.
Pete

God bless you and your family. I know my 5 year old daughter can bring her crusty old man to a helpless boy when she gets hurt. Hang in there. He'll be back to needing a spanking before too long.
SP

Im a new dad. Well 10 months ago I was. Hard to imagine your child being hurt like that.

I had a good friend back in the day, she broke her femur on a trampoline and the recovery was slow but she bounced back.

Prayers sent! Take care of him.

Re: Need some prayers for my kid. Update!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DODGE268</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My idiot 23 year old nephew </div></div>

I have a copper plated object that I will overnight you. It's made specifically for your nephew and should ease your anger and help society at the same time.

Personally, I would disown that asshole and anyone who talked/helped him.

High Binder, I appreciate the offer but I roll my own. I have discussed with my wife the best way to handle the problem. I suggested a severe ass beating but she has talked me out of it. I am pretty sure that 3 uncles and a grand dad are going to beat me to it anyway. My counter offer is to stuff a 100 dollar bill in his front pocket and give him directions to the bus station. That offer goes for the sister in law as well if she keeps telling me "how bad" he feels about the "accident". I told her that gross neglegence is not accidental but I think she's too damn stupid to understand. Right now I am putting all of my effort into getting my kid better. When that phase is over, my nephew had better be far, far, the fuck away from me. I own a deer camp and an excavator. No more needs to be said.
Patrick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FX44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will say a prayer for your son and your family. </div></div>

Ill say one for the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">F'n DIPSHIT </span> nephew. I think hes gonna need it one way or another.

Prayers for a brother in blue and his family.

Punch your nephew in the face for me.
smile.gif

Dodge,
Sending you and ALL your family prayers and best wishes!

They are doing fantastic things in orthopaedic trauma today.
Hang in there Bud!!

DS

i dont pray, but i wish your son a speedy recovery, and your family the best of luck, and recovery..the mental toll on the family is usually harder than the pysical damage on the subject(personal expierience)

but! for a 2 way travel ticket, and 4 double cheeseburger i will gladly make your nephew wish he never survived that wreck!

Best of luck to your son. Just remember karma is a Bitch.

Dodge268,
For you and your Family/Loved Ones, you're on our list and keep the faith. Thank you for the update, and further details. Progress is ALWAYS great to hear.

While there have been many suggestions of what to be done, I would put forward the funds for fries AND drinks to go with those cheeseburgers. Make those Double-Damn-Bacon-Extra-Cheese-N-Onion-Rings Burgers.

Considering the value of our own personal young, and then the direction of "what not to do" specifically being ignored,,,, I don't know how you do it.

Stronger man than I, and more power to you. And that IS coming from one who Believes, and does Pray.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0481</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best of luck to your son. Just remember karma is a Bitch. </div></div>

Karma is most certainly not a bitch and never has been. The idea of Karma exists to keep people who believe in such things acting right or in this case (as it's been misinterpreted by a non-Gita reading society) it allows one to use the idea as a crutch instead of standing up for what's right.

"Of course I believe in karma. It allows me to do bad things to people every day, with the premise that they somehow deserve it." Dogbert

OP, I'm amazed that you haven't 'visited' the idiot who caused this. I think you are a stronger man than I am. I like your idea of a $100 bill and a one-way trip to the bus station.

Your son has some recovery and physical therapy ahead of him. Be strong for him, and he'll be ok.

1911fan

PS: Floor nurses are often fond of late-night pizza, too.

Thanks for the prayers guys! He spent the morning having a nerf gun fight with the kids in the neighborhood and is now passed out. He is getting his head around the fact that life sucks sometimes and you have to cowboy up and get on with it. I could not be more proud of how he is handling this.
I have decided to get the surgery(s) over with and then have a "talk" with the nephew. The last thing my kid needs is have to worry about daddy needing bail money. We go back Wed. for a swelling/infection check-up and surgery scheduling. If the swelling is gone, and it is in the parts that we can see, and there is no infection, which I doubt due to no fever, surgery will be Fri. Once we get him home and settled, I will go a callin'. If he lies, he's going to be bleeding. If he mans up and takes responsibilty, I will give him the c-note. This is where the decision on his part comes in. He can either take the money and get the fuck out of town, or, he can choose to buy beer and cigarettes for the last time in his worthless life. I'll update again when we see the doctor. I am really impressed with the docs we have seen so far. Gonna have to throw some cash at Batson Childrens Hospital. After we pay the bills we have already anyway.
Patrick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DODGE268</div><div class="ubbcode-body">needing bail money</div></div>

No body = no crime

Glad to hear your little tough guy is recovering well. How is your niece doing?

As to the imbecile nephew; there's no accounting for relatives...

Prayers for you and the family.Glad they were not injured more seriously.Good Luck with the nephew,prolly a good idea to let a little time pass.
Hope you are not getting any bad weather.We just arrived back home from working Irene,on the East coast,and expected to go to McComb.Not sure that we still won't. Pete

Quee she got to come home last Thursday. No bleeding occurred in her brain. She had a small depressed fracture that required them to make another small hole to be able to get under the bone and lift it. She now has two small titanium plates that are joined together with a small plate bridging them. She is fine and recovering well. They are saying that there is no medical reason to have to go back and remove the plates. They did say that sometimes the skin will get thin above them years down the road. If that happens, it's a simple procedure to remove them if needed.
Patrick

Prayers sent for the little ones and the wish for a proper ass whoopin for the dumbass nephew.