• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Someone to Flute a Barrel

ehparis

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2012
Topeka, KS
Have a Krieger with a 1-14 twist (intended for 6PPC). Can't seem to find anyone who will flute it. Can anyone provide any recommendations? Would appreciate address and/or telephone number. Thanks.

Re: Need Someone to Flute a Barrel

Kampfeld customs hands down. Just got back two barrels from him and they are flawless and the turnaround was so fast, he had already shipped them back to me before I even knew he had received the barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aggie410</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kampfeld customs hands down. Just got back two barrels from him and they are flawless and the turnaround was so fast, he had already shipped them back to me before I even knew he had received the barrels. </div></div>

Plus 1000000

Doyle Englin "dixie guns" out of jefferson GA, give him a call and leave a message, Doyle @ 706-654-8400, great rates and low wait's. he is thonly one alowed to touch my guns anymore. Tell em' Jake from Newnan sent ya
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Google "Kampfeld Customs".</div></div>

Karl is one of the best and his turnaround is fast!

Doyle englin of Dixie Guns near jefferson GA, call doyle 706-654-8400, leave him a message and tell him jake from newnan sent ya. great rates and low wait's.
eek.gif

seriously, he's the only one i let touch my stuff and his wait time are awsomely low and his rates are unbeleivable.

Another vote for Karl at Kampfeld Custom he does amazing work! Just received a fluted and cerakoted 300 win mag barrel in the mail from Karl on Saturday this is my third barrel done by him.

I had my bolt done by Karl and I can say that it is flawless and was returned super fast. I can say though Bolt Fluter does awesome work also, I look at all of his pics work looks killer I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.

What contour is the barrel? Krieger flutes contours 5.5 and up (minus light and medium Palma). I'd call Krieger first.

Call Dave Sullivan of Westwind rifles in CO - 303-828-3823.

He has fluted over 6 match barrels for me to improve the weight and balance after they were already chambered and in rifles. Some might say that this was a bad idea; however, his process is such that there is no heat/stress generated (takes hours per flute). The results have been impressive. All barrels shot exactly the same pre/post fluting.

Good shooting ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What contour is the barrel? Krieger flutes contours 5.5 and up (minus light and medium Palma). I'd call Krieger first. </div></div>

I finally heard back from Krieger. They will flute it if new unchambered/not threaded and it isn't so I think I'll have them do the work. After all it is their barrel.

Thanks to all those who replied!

I have a barrel that was fluted by Krieger. I don't think the machining of the flutes is very good. This is the only fluted barrel I have ever owned so I'm not sure what to expect. But based on the quality of other types of machining I'm familiar with, It's pretty rough. If I ever order another fluted barrel I'll probably order it from someone else.