• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Need suggestion

netranger6

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Vicoria, Texas
Guys, looking to get a can on my GA .308. 25 inch Barlein, threaded, GAP contour 1-11.25 twist. Anyone care to steer me towards one that is durable, and accurate. Also, are there any that don't require sub-sonic ammo?

Re: Need suggestion

I have a Gemtech HVT, AAC cyclone, SRT Shadow XL TI, and YHM phantom, as well and a Knights that only fits the MK11 MOD 0 and EM rifles... IMHO I like the SRT Shadow XL TI, it is over the $1K mark but its light, POI shifted less than my HVT which was under 1.5", and the quietest i have heard... all these manufacturers produce great products and are great to deal with from my experience, and i know there are some supported sellers here on the hide who are stand up guys as well, they may give you the best deals you can find.

Shark!
pic0015mf0.jpg

Since your not shooting exclusively on the benchrest, these are two of the worst recommendations you could have. For your purpose there is NO need for a can that weighs over 18oz, and that is to much for me.

Appreciate everyones' suggestion thus far. Have an attorney drawing up a trust, so I'm getting ready for my first Class III purchase. The more chimes, the better my choices, so CHIME IN! Thanks!

One more question for you guys. I have a badger FTE break on my GAP, pretty sure its standare 5/8 24 threaded. My question is this, are cans a standard length on the threaded portion? Or do I need to have the barrel threaded to lenght, for a specific can? Also, does having a can affect the crown negatively?

I suggest you support the hide members and buy a SHARK can. David is super to deal with too. I've got a 30cal can it it performs very well. The genious behind his cans are that they are modular and parts are replaceable. If your gun is 5/8x24, and you buy another 308 that's 3/4x24 or a metric thread pitch, you can just buy a different end cap, instead of having to buy another suppressor.
That's what I bought, and am very happy with it.
Thanks for your time,
Phillip

Its down to the Shark or Gemtech Sand for me. Just wondering if my current threading will be too long, or too short for the can. GA built it, threaded for the FTE brake, so it should be good to go. Gonna go with Sean Cody for my trust, and likely the can.