• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

need suggestions for a long range hunting and target build.

Remington 700P .308, weaver extended multi slot 20moa rail, SWFA SS 5-20 and good rings

Savage 10FP HS Precision or McMillan .308, weaver extended multi slot 20moa rail, SWFA SS 5-20 and good rings

Maybe Sig SSG 3000

Also consider Burris XTR II 4-20, Bushnell 3.5-21, PST 6-24, Sightron 6-24, Bushnell elite tactical 6-24

after learning to shoot, rebarrel either to .260 or 6.5CM

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/firearms-sale/257262-custom-remington-6mm-cm.html

would you all consider this a good deal? should i buy this or should i stick with my build off of a factory Remington rifle. I will be reloading so the lack of factory ammo isn't really a big deal.
I would consider it to be a good deal. The parts alone would add up to that price. However you would have no choice but to reload from the get go. So keep that in mind for your budget.
Donald

Hello, I'm not going to try to build your entire gun. That should be of your choice. I just have some suggestions to keep in mind. First, you will save money by going with a PTG bottom medal. Second, you will save "a lot" of money by going with a second focal plane scope.(You do not need a first focal plane scope, and you can still buy a very nice high end optic, plus save money to put on the gun.) Third, I will never buy another trigger but a Jewel, if its going on a custom rifle. Forth, always buy a Manners stock, ;) ;) ;) look at their different models and buy the one that suits your needs only, not just looks cool (remember we're trying to cut cost for your tack driver "number one"!) Cool can come later when you save that money again.... I think you have made the right choice for your needs, by chosen the 6.5 Creedmoore. If although, the 6.5mm's are what you want. You can always find a box of Creedmoore around here. Thanks, BullyDog

says the douchecanoe that doesnt own a custom gun

Sure would. Plenty of deer are taken with 6mms. I wouldn't suggest it but I know someone who shot a black bear with a 6xc @ 340 yards using a 105vld. I probably wouldn't shoot anything much bigger then a dear though. Also there is a GAP win m70 in 280 AI with reloading supplies for $1600. A little more recoil but you could put down anything short of a grizzly with it. Just a thought.
Donald

Sure would. Plenty of deer are taken with 6mms. I wouldn't suggest it but I know someone who shot a black bear with a 6xc @ 340 yards using a 105vld. I probably wouldn't shoot anything much bigger then a dear though. Also there is a GAP win m70 in 280 AI with reloading supplies for $1600. A little more recoil but you could put down anything short of a grizzly with it. Just a thought.
Donald
i do really like the price point in that rifle. now that nosler is making brass and ammo for 280 AI it seems like a decent option. will that caliber be at home shooting long range?

I say Tikka T3 CTR in .260rem. Tikkas are crazy accurate out of the box, and that CTR has a med/heavy threaded barrel. If you want a different stock, you can go manners, KRG, or XLR now or in the future. You can either buy factory ammo, or start reloading as components and load data is readily available. As far as optics, id try to pick up a used Vortex Razor HD 5-20, have seen a few around for under $1500, and with the vortex warranty there is no risk with a used scope. In my opinion that would be a pretty sweet setup, for under $3k (not including a upgraded stock).

Good luck though, lots of great options out there!

i think i may have just found my ticket. really good price point. what do you all think of the 260 cartridge. from what i have heard its a great deer killer and there are tons of videos on the internet of people shooting it too just under a mile! the cartridge is starting to get some good support for factory ammo. plus...... it just looks bad @ss... just sayin :)

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...700-260-rem-rock-barrel-manners-ta-stock.html

The 280ai I great for long range. You can ouch the high bc 168-180 class billets at near magnum speeds. Also the 260 rem is also a great cartridge for deer as will as match shooting.that choice is up to you.
Donald

If you get into reloading I also have a 6.5 saum on a Remington long action trued with a rock creek barrel, timney trigger in just a standard hs precision stock same stock that comes on the Remington senderos for 1500 and I can add and install a dbm for 250 extra, this gun shoot under 1/2 Moa it's a hammer