• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need the Hide's help...

808Huntress

DogNknife4life
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2008
Kaneohe, Hawaii 96744
I've got a friend who came to me and asked advice. He knows we have a bunch of rifles and wanted our opinion. So anyway, he wants a 6.5 PRC (SA) and a 300 PRC (LA) thing is he asked if there's a way he could have both using only one action and be able to use pre-fits. I haven't kept up to speed on whats currently available regarding actions for pre-fits and interchangeable bolt heads etc. That would accommodate his idea.

So my question to the hide is is this possible and if so, what action(s) & bolts or bolt heads are available to do this?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time, Aloha!

I have wanted to do the same thing. Switch barrel PRC. They both use a magnum boltface. You would have to run them on a long action receiver due to the 300's COAL, but a lot of people do that on the 6.5 to seat the bullets really long anyways so that should be a non issue. I have no personal experience, just some R&D with less D than I would like. The only thing that might cause issues I think would be feeding to the chamber from the magazine or BDL. Hopefully someone will chime in and enlighten us all with their Knowledge and Wisdom and tell if I am wrong or what else is missing.