• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need the real world BC of the 139gr. Lapua Scenar

Alaskaman

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2003
Hi,
does anybody know the real world BC of the 139gr. Lapua Scenar, 6,5mm / 0.64 diameter? Lapua say .615 but thats not real. I need the information for a Quickload / Quicktarget balistic card.
thanks
Alaskaman

Re: Searching real world BC of the 139gr. Lapua Scenar

The G1 BC is .557 and the G7 BC is .285. The G7 will be closer to actual trajectory and drift.
Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The G1 BC is .557 and the G7 BC is .285. The G7 will be closer to actual trajectory and drift.
Hope this helps. </div></div>

these are the measured numbers from Bryan Litz

i have found his numbers to be accurate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The G1 BC is .557 and the G7 BC is .285. The G7 will be closer to actual trajectory and drift.

i have found his numbers to be accurate</div></div>

They were Close or a lil Under this for me... Depressing considering what Lapua Claims. The `140 A-Max are higher BC and fly better for me.

Thanks for the information !

Alaskaman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The G1 BC is .557 and the G7 BC is .285. The G7 will be closer to actual trajectory and drift.

Thanks for the information xring!

Regards

Alaskaman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The G1 BC is .557 and the G7 BC is .285. The G7 will be closer to actual trajectory and drift.

i have found his numbers to be accurate </div></div>

Hi shootone,

do you thing Bryan Litz has measured the Hornady 7mm, 162gr. A-Max too? I want test this bullet in my 7x57 largering Mauser.

Alaskaman

Buy his book and find out, or use Lindys instructions to create DA cards using JBM, always select Litz in the bullet selections

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">do you thing Bryan Litz has measured the Hornady 7mm, 162gr. A-Max too?</div></div>

Yeah, I thing so. Buy the book.

I guess the true question then is does the 139 scenars perform better or worse out on the field, compared to the 142 SMK? Certainly, it's hard to believe that the BC of the 139 scenars is almost approaching that of the 208 AMAX.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess the true question then is does the 139 scenars perform better or worse out on the field, compared to the 142 SMK? Certainly, it's hard to believe that the BC of the 139 scenars is almost approaching that of the 208 AMAX. </div></div>

It's not approaching the 208 Amax. In fact, the Amax is substantially higher.

As far as the 139's performing better or worse than the 142's, I think the difference is small. Depends what the gun likes, obviously. I run the 139's @ 2865fps and have a good load for the 142's @ 2800fps. I could go higher with both, maybe, but hammering the brass isn't worth it. The difference at 1000yds is negligible. 139's a tenth flatter or so, 142's a tenth less drift.

That aside, the 139's do group better overall, so I stick with them.

If there is an obvious advantage then the justification is easier to swallow with the higher price for the 139 scenars as opposed to the 142 SMK

Ok. Well I kinda see your point. Bottom line is your gun may like one of them over the other. It's that simple. Depending on where you shop, you may find one or the other for $.02 less per bullet than the other. Dunno about you, but that isn't a whole lot considering the lack of ballistic advantage one may have over the other in the sane 6.5 calibers (260, 6.5x47L, 6.5CM, etc).

Now, if you are launching these out of a 6.5-284 or some other waste of barrel caliber then maybe the 142's might have a slight advantage. Doubt any of us will notice it though.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy his book and find out, or use Lindys instructions to create DA cards using JBM, always select Litz in the bullet selections </div></div>

Hi,
thanks for the information. This book was unknown to me. I place a order!

Alaskaman