• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Need to pick the brain of an actual sniper

Re: Need to pick the brain of an actual sniper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MEAT4272</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are special tactics taught during sniper training that are not to be discussed outside of the sniper community?</div></div>I sat down with the Rifles Only kitten, over a beer and a milk, on the day she inked her retainer agreement with me. Turns out she's an expert in stalking and land nav. Who knew? The equipment she carries is a bit dated, and she's a fan of using pawed claws in the front to stabilize her NPA. I didn't want to learn from her at first because she's not school trained, just litter trained. A quiet professional none the less. You'd be surprised how much I learned from her by keeping my mouth shut and my eyes open.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TalkingBush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a new prototype tool from DeWalt that can automatically calculate and drill a .2inch loophole for your .308 rounds and guarantee a first round hit. </div></div>

LMAO, Now that's funny.

It's just too dumb to die

might wanna get with Marduk on here, he is very snipery, read a post from him below.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am an experienced operator and have recently been asked to head up a uber secret team of snipers for an upcoming engagement.
i am wondering if any real snipers can tell me what is the best rifle for this task to outfit my team.
for the last few missions in country we rocked mossberg .270's wearing bsa mildots to good use.
is there something better or should we just spend our agencies dime on more training rounds?
please dont say hk anything because we know these are trash and will not buy them. thanks.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">might wanna get with Marduk on here, he is very snipery, read a post from him below.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am an experienced operator and have recently been asked to head up a uber secret team of snipers for an upcoming engagement.
i am wondering if any real snipers can tell me what is the best rifle for this task to outfit my team.
for the last few missions in country we rocked mossberg .270's wearing bsa mildots to good use.
is there something better or should we just spend our agencies dime on more training rounds?
please dont say hk anything because we know these are trash and will not buy them. thanks.</div></div> </div></div>

Mossberg 270's w/bsa mildots eh?

It's o.k. they were Mossberg 270's w/bsa mildots. Didn't you read, they "rocked" em. As long as they're "rocked", it's o.k. WOW!!

alright, if i were an uber secret squirrel sniper i wouldnt confirm or deny it here because that would break oppsic. but if ya want me to square you away 9x9 like in a hurry pm me any snipery questions.
and by the way if anyone were following and interested we replaced the mossy sticks with light precision tactical hi point carbines with top secret badass glass and painted them flektard for urban hide use.

If you haven't ran off yet, what is the question?

haha reading this made me laugh! this is some funny shit!
i swear some of you guys could write jokes!

well checkin me pm's while on break here at the mall eatin me pretzel atop the segway gats holstered and noticed no questions from warfighter so i guess he got his answers elsewhere?

real secret squirrel sniper types would never come on a online forum, they are too busy killing terrorists by the 100's and making sure their facepaint and ghilli is ready for the next "op"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave_</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this still around...?? </div></div>

It's a newb-magnet</div></div> He was only looking for a real sniper on the internet
smile.gif
ROFLMAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Benchshoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Second of all you are going to have trouble finding a actual sniper on this site. Most of these guys put "shooter" in the DVD player eat cheetos and turn their cock orange. </div></div>

That's fucking great!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MEAT4272</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are special tactics taught during sniper training that are not to be discussed outside of the sniper community?</div></div>I sat down with the Rifles Only kitten, over a beer and a milk, on the day she inked her retainer agreement with me. Turns out she's an expert in stalking and land nav. Who knew? The equipment she carries is a bit dated, and she's a fan of using pawed claws in the front to stabilize her NPA. I didn't want to learn from her at first because she's not school trained, just litter trained. A quiet professional none the less. You'd be surprised how much I learned from her by keeping my mouth shut and my eyes open.
wink.gif
</div></div>

i did not know that cat drank beer......PLEASE be more prudent next time with feline opsec.....sheesh!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shibumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am very curious as to what the "Small Token of Appreciation" would be.
Sounds nefarious...</div></div>

trust me you dont want to know, but i will tell you it involves a funnel and a mason jar....

This thread definitely had potential. But if you guys want to split your sides laughing (wear a helmet because you WILL fall out of your chair), read the thread titled "Tactical vest made to suit my needs???", on lightfighter.net.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt M.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shibumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am very curious as to what the "Small Token of Appreciation" would be.
Sounds nefarious...</div></div>

trust me you dont want to know, but i will tell you it involves a funnel and a mason jar.... </div></div>
Oh, and don't forget the cup and two girls.
SScott
I know,,,,,but I had to add something after reading all this BS.

That Mossberg .270 post was amazing. I guess whenever you're Delta you can spend the money however you like.

Well I just bought a 10/22 with a counter sniper on top..... I was thinking if I could talk to a REAL sniper I could learn to roll my own and start making those 1000yd shots! Any help is appreciated.

I've been browsing this post and didn't see anybody mention turning your hat around backwards like the did in the origional SWAT series. What more do you need, seriously even more cow bells doesn't top that.

The OP is is so full fail, but i have to thank him, because this thread is so full of win, lol

billy zane and i have coached this lad and he will be completing his furtherings with elder mountainous, with whom ive recently contacted on possibly maybe offering a mall oriented segway shooting course of instruction for shopping center related countersnipery missions not requiring full samurai armor. watch for it.

That was some funny shit! Did anyone ever get the question? Please only snipers need to reply!

I'll tell you everything you need to know. You aim at the bad guy and "pull" the trigger.... BOOM there goes the bullet bad guy dead. Just like call of duty

Sorry it took me so long to offer my assistance but I've been on special operation training missions for the newly found Wal-Mart Tactical Security team, I'll be happy to answer any and all questions as long as it doesn't breach or compromise any of our special operation missions. Warfighter, ask away...

P.S. We have almost eliminated all K-Mart stores as they pose only a small threat to our, Wal-Mart's taking over of the world.

Someone called it a newbie magnet. Too true. I had to read every post and I've got stuff to do! Hilarious. Honestly the things I read in last 20 mins will be with me for a looong time. I came here for like minds and shooting tips, and there is Stand Up too! Does it get any better?! Cheetos...yeah, using that one again!

I thought the last video posted here would be the 400 pound guy shooting an M1A at targets from the hip...maybe he could answer the OP's question.

Go to the library or listen to Hathcocks interviews...no token, God only knows what that is, is needed..lol

I think I know who this guy is......as a matter of fact I'm sure of it.

COLT M4 CARBINE RIFLE - PRODUCT TESTING IN THE FIELD 6 - 22 - 2011 - YouTube

That's fucking funny. This goddamn thread just ate up an hour of my time, thanks. So I have to post. Luckily my time isn't worth shit anymore. "My new molle pack" fucked my back up real good.

The funniest thing about that video clip is there are more video clips and each one is just as funny. He "dresses in real samurai shit with real horses and rides around in real mountains", "lives on a volcano in US" and has "been featured time and again on TV and other programs" doing "survival shit". Wearing "real helmets, real gas masks and using real weapons in the field". I was liberal with the quotes; he's much more eloquent and refined. I guess he picked that up when he earned the blue SF tab, tiger stripes and the green Chef Boyardee hat. No shit, watch that clip.

Holy shit. This guy might be my fucking neighbor, and there's a good chance this guy is the real Gecko45 too (or they were in the same unit). Besides, there aren't that many active volcanoes in US... And there isn't enough room on this motherfucking volcano for TWO of us!

Anyway, I have pictures of me in that shit with other guys wearing the same shit --that's the standard, when you can get others to copy you. Our Chef hats were black though, and we had paychecks in our pockets for wearing the same damn haircuts. I didn't get on TV, but a lot of people I know did, including my drill sgt.'s and basic training experience. Nostalgia. Shit, I'm getting old.

You know, I've heard of guys asking the OP's question before... In college, it's a common way of fishing for info for a paper. Or if you are writing a novel. Or if you're planning a massacre or other crazy shit, like riding around the Cascades in real samurai armor on real horses, with SF tabs, Chef Boyardee hats and .22lr M4 carbines.

Anyway you cut it, I feel at home here. I'm a little batshit myself, but I'm damn proud that in 3 years and 136+ posts, nobody answered the question yet. Some of these answers only come from the field... And there's only one midget hooker worth an honorable mention on here, I'm told, and I'm not so sure she's still around.

i got to 22 seconds and noticed the "super uber tactical trigger control" and realized he was so far out of my league that i might as well just stop watching because I will never be "that cool".

i love old thread resurrection's...so many laughs to be had

HAAAAAA!!!! The comments are almost as entertaining as the video!

i have a chemlight inserted up my ass, I have such a magnificent ballfro it duals as a ghillie, I smear cow dung on my face to escape dogs, my name is Billy Z, and i run a countersniper scope on my SWS, so yeah......i am a sniper

As someone who has actually caught a snipe, I can tell you there is one very unique method to success. You-neak up on them.

I met an ex-sniper at the range once or at least he said he was one. Does this count? If so send me a PM.

P.S. - I can't find a Counter-Sniper scope anywhere does anyone have one for sale? If so please send me a PM