• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Needing 30-06 Brass for a Good Cause

richidaho

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2014
Blackfoot, ID
We are needing 30-06 Brass for the Blackfoot Idaho American Legion Post 23. We do 21 gun solutes with M-1 Garands. We pick up the 21 casings, place them in a bag and give them to the families of the passed Veteran. We lose a few and use about 1000 casings every 2-3 years. We have a State Veterans Sematary in Blackfoot so we do over 125 funerals yearly. I'm willing to pay for the brass just don't want to pay 250-300$ for 1000 used brass. Any pointers on where to get some cheap brass (not trash) would be helpful.

Reactions: 338dude
We are needing 30-06 Brass for the Blackfoot Idaho American Legion Post 23. We do 21 gun solutes with M-1 Garands. We pick up the 21 casings, place them in a bag and give them to the families of the passed Veteran. We lose a few and use about 1000 casings every 2-3 years. We have a State Veterans Sematary in Blackfoot so we do over 125 funerals yearly. I'm willing to pay for the brass just don't want to pay 250-300$ for 1000 used brass. Any pointers on where to get some cheap brass (not trash) would be helpful.
Check out:
The first listing (Republic Ammunition) offers 1000x pieces within your price range. Not sure about shipping charges.

Rich I have a bunch and will be driving through Blackfoot next Monday or Tuesday. Sending a PM.

I would be happy to help! PM me with an address and I'll ship some Monday.

TACOM supplies blanks to AL, VFW etc. If those rifles have blank firing adapters installed, rollin yer own is a recipe for disaster.
PM me and I will tell you how to do it.
I took care of the AL and VFW rifles and blanks here for about 30 years so BTDT.
We just want the brass to give to the veterans family. We are not reloading any blanks.

Went to the range this morning... Somebody had fired a whole box of Winchester nickel plated '06 and left it laying there.

20 pieces. Yours if you want it.

Mike

Reactions: Jscb1b
In over all condition, rust pits etc., did you get back rifles as nice as what you sent in?
A few years ago we sent 1 in that had a small crack at the back of the receiver but in otherwise nice cond. The 1 they sent back has
We just got new refinished M1’s last year. Took over a year to get them. Our last set we had for over 50 years.

a lot of pits just below the wood line, otherwise it looks fine.