• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Needing advise on 5.45x39 AR15 buffer

Vitorum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
TN
Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy an adams arms gas piston 5.45x39 upper and was wondering
what would be the best most affordable buffer and spring to buy because I don't think I can use
my regular ar15 5.56 buffer and spring. Or can I? Thanks
or

would I be better off with the huldra makr IV 5.45x39? Seems like a better deal for the money and
it looks like the huldra comes with the hammer spring I need and a 30 round mags as well. But the adams arms
does not. If that's the case can I still use the same buffer?

Adams arms
http://www.riflegear.com/p-1326-adams-arms-545x39mm-16-carbine-moe-upper.aspx

Huldra
http://www.huldraarms.com/uppers/product_76b374d367d8/

Last edited:
I've run CAR buffers and springs with no problems. The one I have left is running a Colt carbine spring and an Enidine buffer, no problems there either.

Mine have all been S&W uppers, and one Model 1 sales. I don't know about Adams Arms, but I don't know why a standard setup wouldn't work.

PS, I LOVE the 5.45 AR. Great on hogs/deer/yotes, accurate (1.25moa), reliable, and CHEAP. I've since sold most of my AK74s.

Use the same buffer as 5.56, nothing special needed. The hammer spring might be required for reliable ignition as the surplus 7n6 ammunition has stout primer cups. As far as the 2 different manufacturers, you are splitting hairs when its all done.

I agree that a std buffer and spring work fine. Also agree to go to a stiffer hammer spring.
I've got an LWRC piston upper in 5.45x39 and shortly after getting it , they shipped me off a RED hammer spring. END of my Fail to Fires with commie 7N6 ammo.

Try to find some of the Hornady 5.45 ammo. VERY accurate as well as non corrosive. What I shoot if i'm not in the mood for a full take down and clean up.

Bought 15 cases of 7N6 MANY YEARS back from CAI at anywhere from $80 per case of two cans to $120 per case. Glad I was able to stock up when it was cheap. Ridiculous now at $150+ per can.Though STILL a bargain compared to .223/5.56 mm prices.

Great little round! I think I'm down to 6 cases. Shot a lot of it up over the years.

I've never had a problem with standard springs. I've installed orange springs, but right now I'm running a Geissele SD3G. So far no FTFs with 7N6. BTW, I get the same accuracy out of 7N6 and Hornady. Wolf is terrible, though.