• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Neil Jones custom die or thrower?

Re: Neil Jones custom die or thrower?

I don't have custom Neil Jones dies but I have custom made die sets now for 4 of my custom rifles.

Here are some advantages to custom dies honed to your fired brass/chamber.

Minimum sizing will cause your brass to last much longer than otherwise.
Custom dies will be cut true and concentric and will contribute to better accuracy.
Neck sizing only for 3-4 firings and than having to full length size again to bump the shoulder will be a thing of the past.

Also at $175 they are not much more than a set of Redding,RCBS BR dies.

Steve

"...throwers ?"

Do you mean a powder measure? If so, they are great tools but made mostly for small cases, BR types, so it has limited usefulness for most of us.

Years ago before Redding offerd interchangeable bushing dies, I had Niel Jones modify a Redding die to accept neck bushings. It works very well and have been using it for 15 years or so. I also have a Niel Jones powder measure. This is a very well made tool. It throws extruded very accuratly. Im not sure but it probably has a min capacity of 5-10 grains and a max of 60-70 grains.

I have both and his workmanship and honesty in dealings are second to none. In the Reloading video by D. Tubb he refers to the Neil Jones powder measure as the "Cadillac" of powder measures.

I use a neil jons for everyting from .223 to .338 and it is amazing.

So much faster than weighing and plenty accurate enough.

Ewen

Last I heard Mr. Tubbs was using the <span style="font-weight: bold">PROMETHEUS</span>.................
Made by Mr. Brand Cole.
Nothing against Mr. Jones equipment.

The video is quite a few years old Two Shoes. I am suire he is up with latest and best equipment for which he does not have to pay
smile.gif