• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nemo Arms Omen 300WM experiences?

Babylon_rm

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2022
CT
Hello all, I've been wanting to search info on a Nemo Arms Omen recon but really haven't found the information I've been looking for. I have heard some mixed reviews but honestly want to hear from people who actually own an OMEN. I currently have a falkor 308. the looks and functionality of the OMEN is awesome with the charging handle. I want something else. I know the falkor have a good reputation. but how about NEMO? how has been the reliability with the rifle especially with the current new models given that I've heard there was new ownership issues? thank you again and looking forward to everyones opinions and recommendations

I own an Omen, I love it. anything specific you want to know?
Not the OP, but I do have a couple questions:

Does it use a standard rifle length receiver extension?
What is the length and weight of the buffer?
What is the length and number of coils of the spring?
What is the outer diameter of the bolt lugs?
What is the diameter of the bolt's firing pin orifice and the tip of the firing pin?

Might be a bit much to ask, but thanks anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: rpoL98
I own an Omen, I love it. anything specific you want to know?

Yes please. I remember when they first came out, there was an issue with the BCG not being durable enough. Have they fixed that?

Have you suppressed it? I have the Falkor Petra and love it. BUT, the gas adjustment is on the BCG and has been inconsistent at best. It'll eject at 3 o'clock one time and then stove pipe on the next. Thanks.

What ammo are you using? Are you using a 2nd Allen screw to lock the gas screw in place in the adjustable gas key? Also I found it helpful to get a looong Allen wrench with a screw driver style handle to adjust gas on the gas key and leave the bcg in the upper with rear takedown pin out

Last edited:
I’m running a nine inch srt arms suppressor. I take apart the bcg and clean/ lube after a range trip of 50-100 rounds. It doesn’t run reliably if it’s dry/dirty. My brass looks like it was fired from a bolt gun and lands a foot from the gun on the bench at 3 o’clock shooting suppressed. Better to start under gased and slowly work gas open until it locks back on empty magazine. Only put one round in at a time until you get it to lock open. The nice thing about the adjustment on the gas key is that you can make very small adjustments to fine tune the gas. The detents on an slr gas block are to large of an adjustment for fine tuning a magnum cartridge in my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: rpoL98
I have done some changes of the years. Mine is a bit different. And done some of the upgraded items that you find on the current Watchmen. It shoots very well. And is easy to got though your ammo as the recoil is not bad at all. I did replace the buffer. It cracked into little piece.
IMG_20230504_200420730_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230504_130946799_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230504_124958039_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20230505_073322615_HDR~2.jpg

Has anyone heard of the blown up barrels on NEMO Omen M210 rifles? If true have they been addressed by NEMO?

A friend bought one and he had to send it back a few times and I am not sure how it turned out. It was years ago so hopefully they figured it out. But initially they had issues.

PB

Reactions: LawTalker