• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Nemo omen 300 wm

lkluemper00

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2017
Mayfield, ky
What's pls experience with the nemo omen in 300wm? Has anyone had any experience shooting 300wm out of ar platform? Hate it or love it? Why?

I put two rounds through one on a match stage as did about 40 other people that day and it was a good shooting rig with 190 grain federal match ammo. I was impressed with the special recoil dampening system that really lightened the punch and it seemed like an accurate rifle for most of us.

That said, I know of two other rifles that had catastrophic failures of the special recoil buffer system, locking up the rifle and required factory service to fix. I also know of a contract order that was rejected of a dozen+ 308 rifles that had a mix of that same problem, feeding issues or did not meet stated accuracy requirements.

So there is your mixed bag review.

Last edited:
I did Competition Dynamics Team Safari last year, my partner was shooting a Falkor Petra 300WM. I shot a few courses of fire with it, it is an awesome rifle. Recoil is much lower than you would think, I think mostly due to the awesome muzzle brake they put on it. Your ears will hate you but your shoulder will thank you. She (yes, she) lugged this gun around for 3 days across 15+ miles. It's lighter than you would think and is a total laser beam. It ran flawlessly for the entire 3-day ordeal (using Federal Match ammo). If I had stacks of money in my safe, and could afford to feed it, it would definitely be on my short list.

Because of her experience, my experience with shooting her gun, I picked up a 308 Falkor. Runs like a sewing machine.

Shooting semi-auto is much different than in a bolt gun. If you're after pure precision and accuracy, a bolt will probably be a much shorter learning curve.

Well I have a desert tech in a 26" 300wm on the way. Starting to love look of a 300 wm in a ar platform. I have a scar 17 so I have my 308 battle rifle. What's everyone's thoughts on nemo vs falkor? I seem to be able to find more used nemo rather than falkor. If im going to go the nemo route. Should I get the recon 18" barrel or new asp model? Asp model is 16" I believe. I live in KY where there is lots of woods and hills. It's not flat and it's hard to find land to be able to shoot rifles 1500 yards or so. Is the asp model more than capable of shooting 1000 yards without too much dope adjustment? Of course i know every bullet drops so much but will this gun be a damn near point and shoot and be able to hit man size targets up to 1000 yards for a novice shooter like myself lol
thoughts on the two models if anyone has any input. Thanks

Go with the Falkor 300 Norma with the new Dracos Barrel, the Barrell has a lifetime warranty.

What's pls experience with the nemo omen in 300wm? Has anyone had any experience shooting 300wm out of ar platform? Hate it or love it? Why?

We got into the Nemo game when the company was pretty young. Clint Walker was still there. We went from selling a ton of guns to selling practically none after he left.

The quality hasn't been the same since. We were sending a lot of guns back accuracy issues and failure to extract issues. So much so it just got to be a pain to deal with them. It was a shame because the rifles are very pleasant to shoot with almost no recoil and the product looked great.

If you are in the market for a 300win AR platform, I would check out FALKOR.

I tried to buy a Falkor a couple weeks ago in 300 Norma and had thoughts of canceling my MRAD... I haven't had a company try to turn away money like they did in a long time. After dealing with Jacob and being told I HAD to go through a dealer for LE stuff, he directed me to one near me, which currently did not have their FFL active. Upon emailing back for another recommendation on where to purchase, I was just ignored. If I cant get responses to let them take my money, I cant imagine how bad it is if/when I need warranty or replacement parts, so they will not be getting my business.

Ive been watching the Alexander Arms .338 Lapua pretty closely as well (I was on a magnum cartridge semi auto kick) with the only real discouraging fact being the weight of it (its built like a tank), and I really haven't seen any accuracy tests. Being that I wanted to really push out to 1600 meters+, 1-1.5 MOA will make it very tough and im not sure I trust any of the semi auto claims of half MOA without seeing some real world testing.

Last edited:
I've got a new NEMO Match 3.0 enroute. I'll post up a review when I finally hit the range.

Scottsdale Gun Club had a Mjolnir Sword in 338 in stock... gorgeous rifle, actually pretty light as well! I had to snap a pic of it :)

Attachments

• photo51154.jpg
    photo51154.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 360
I've heard that pof has been having problems with there gas system running it reliably.. I'd say there mrsp will be much higher if/when it comes to market. But if it was reliable I would jump all over a pof 300 for the cost of it. Hopefully we will get to find out sometime.
dang that's crazy falkor never would write back when your practically handing them money. Nemo and falkor are so dang expensive and what I hear from/about one company is the exact opposite I hear from another.
Falkor is much better. Nemt person will say that nemo is better and visa versa. Just don't know which to go for.
and for a 5G plus gun I want a gun that's reliable, and I hear from both sides how one is mit reliable compared to other. That's what kind of scares me on making that purchase.

i would probably go for nemo because I seem to see more of those used for sell. And I don't know if that's a good thing though lol

I bought a Falkor Petra 300wm at the end of last year and have just been starting to learn it. Currently only have about 200rds through it and coming from AR15s and buddies who shoot bolt guns, there definitely is a bit of a learning curve going on for me. Current thoughts are it is an amazing piece of engineering but is it worth it? Even with a Proof carbon barrel, it is still huge and heavy. The recoil is fairly light, but the muzzle brake is shocking. So far, seeing groups of sub moa and way more capable than I am. I have been using the ABM 185gr so far and have had decent results with that, but am going to give the Barnes 220gr a shot. Have been starting to work on reaching out a little bit to some longer distances now.

I also got a Falkor Petra late last year. I've only shot it once so far, but was very happy with the low recoil and it shot solid with FGMM. Hopefully with the weather finally getting better out here, I'll be able to put it through a more thorough test.

For me I will give all of the manufactures that are producing the 300WM a bit more time then see what current users are saying as the round count goes up on their rifles. I just hate dropping the money on a rifle and having reliability issues. I am interested in long term use.

Reactions: fragmatic