• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New 10/22 Stock from Boyd's

Re: New 10/22 Stock from Boyd's

Got mine coming. That you for the heads up. No that I needed another project....

At least this one will shoot cheap ammo.

RedSC,

I didn't weigh it but it's heavier then the previous setup (Hogue OM). The Tactical Solutions barrel is so light that right now I'd guess w/o optics it's probably around 4lbs. In the Hogue, I think the whole thing weighed less than my Colt Anaconda 4".

My other 10/22 in a Boyd laminate has a .920 E.R. Shaw HB and w/a 3-9 Leupold it weighs about 6lbs or maybe a fuzz over. Being wood, I guess you could hollow out the forearm or butt and add some weight if it's not heavy enough.

I am glad I got mine before the price increase and also it appears only the green one is left. Mine will be here tomorrow according to UPS.

Glad I saw this. I didn't get this stock, but found the Evo stock for my Marlin 917 I've been wanting to restock. Crazy discount made it $66 shipped.

hey, they have other colors left if you call them... i just got a black one, they have tan and green left. and i hear the site is updated

I ordered last night, all they had was OD. I checked this morning and they had black and tan in stock again but my stock was already boxed. It's cool, it's getting painted anyway.

Got a black one coming today. Plan on choping the forend back a bit to accomidate a 16 inch tube and paint it in GAP camo, cant wait!

Thanks for that DLC, I think it may work out pretty well. I noticed the package weight in UPS was 4 pounds. If not, I'll drill a hole in it and stick in a steel bar or something.

Thanks for the Pic dlc356. It looks way better in your photo than in the Boyd's ad ! Mine's not showing up until the 30th so now I'm really looking forward to getting it.

You're welcome. Boyd's never has really good pics of any of their stocks. This is my second and I'm considering one of their finished walnut or possibly laminates for my Garand when it's finally time for a rebuild/rebarrel.

They must have sold out already. When you click on the link it says something about item not found.

Here is mine.

IMG_0576.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hilbillee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They must have sold out already. When you click on the link it says something about item not found. </div></div>

Yeah, I bought the last two - had to get the OD ones because they were out of all the others. I figure that I'll paint them.

Here's the thing though, with as fast as those went, Boyd's has to bring'm back because they know at this point that they have a quick seller on their hands with it....unless they ruin the pricing or the user reviews come back negative as hell.

Anybody have any information if/when they'll be selling the TR stock for the MKII . . . I keep hearing a couple of months . . . a couple of months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomme boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is mine.

IMG_0576.jpg
</div></div>

Bad ass!! 20 inch barrel?

The factory stock I have on mine still lets the barrel move in the stock.I have it torque to the specs but it still moves.Any suggestions?

Thanks dlc356 It had a little play in it and I tighten it up . Now it is tight. Thanks for the help

Good deal. You're welcome bro. Over on Rimfire Central someone sells an improved Vblock. It is supposed to help with heavy barrels drooping but I can't remember the name right of hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good deal. You're welcome bro. Over on Rimfire Central someone sells an improved Vblock. It is supposed to help with heavy barrels drooping but I can't remember the name right of hand.</div></div>

RimfireTechnologies has them.....

Looks like mine will be here Monday..... Can anyone with time behind an A5 compare relative ergos? The more similar, the better as far as I'm concerned.

The more I thought about it I should have ordered a spare stock as well. So many of the aftermarket 10/22 stocks are over the top for how I shoot them. This looks to be one of the best of the inexpensive choices out there currently. I hope they do make more. I'd be all over one for Savage as well. I'd bet these would be a great seller for them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackcat13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The factory stock I have on mine still lets the barrel move in the stock.I have it torque to the specs but it still moves.Any suggestions? </div></div>

My buds did that pretty bad, v-block was tight and it was a pretty piss poor shooter. I bedded the action and fixed the issue. There was a TON of slop in the stock, shitty inletting.

Shoots as it should now.

Got my stock today. Overall I really like it. The weight is nice, a little on the heavy side. Only complaints are the right side of the barrel channel is rubbing on the barrel, need to file it down. Also the Volquartsen hex head action screw is too short to grab the threads on the receiver.

Excuse the poor photography.
1022.jpg

Mine arrived, adds about 1" to the front, otherwise same length to the back. The wrist is dropped about 3/4" and moved fwd about the same for a more vertical trigger hand hold. Comb is raised about 1". Weight of std carbine stock 2lbs 3oz, Boyds 2lbs 9oz. Fits great, and my RFT v-block and reworked oem bbl are stable/happy at 20"lbs of torque. Will go shooting later this week
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackcat13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The factory stock I have on mine still lets the barrel move in the stock.I have it torque to the specs but it still moves.Any suggestions? </div></div>

here is what i found when bulding a 10/22 on a boyd's blaster. i noticed the barrel wasnt floated. i opened the channel and got the barrel to float. i went to put it away in the safe and was holding it by the barrel and i felt the stock shift. i looked at it and saw that since i had opened the channel i had lost barrel support. with one action screw the whole barreled action would pivot around the single screw wiggling back and forth. i added a few layers of scotch tape and was gtg. the only way around this was a receiver with a rear lug or bedding or long ago i heard a gunsmith say he was drilling and tapping the barrel so you could use a second screw in the forearm to secure the mounting. now we know why rugers have a barrel band on them. and actualy a scope base that attaches to the barrel or the barrel and receiver would be ideal to help secure them as one unit.

its all theory. i am good with not having it floated. shoots just fine so far.

Just got mine and when the right action screw is installed, put one in that was too long first, the barrel is perfectly free floaing. Gotta really watch the safety when removing the acton, I put a bit of a nick in mine already............

Yeah, mine's tight. I'll shoot it some before deciding whether it's a problem, so far it's just been offhand rounds in the back yard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Passport223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta really watch the safety when removing the acton, I put a bit of a nick in mine already............ </div></div>

I started to mention this the other day but got busy and forgot. When you remove/install a stock on a 10/22 center the safety to clear the stock. Like Passport mentioned, it's really easy to nick the stock.

mine is snug in the channel, i doubt that its floated from eyeballing it. like i said my blazer was the same way. ill try and get to the indoor and pop off a few but its really kinda no point as i think i need a light barrel in this build. one of the tac-sol or isnt whistle pig a lightweight? maybe luck into a carbon fiber... anyway, looks like anyone elses i guess

4475163343_368872fff3_b.jpg

and

4475937208_2f137b5cc3_b.jpg

yup, just had to check. no float at all. not on my blasters either like i said. i suppose it could be done, but im not gonna worry about it, they all seem to shoot well and the laminate is stable

Are these stocks Laminate or some other wood? I ask because I put a small nick on mine taking the action out, just dont think laminate would chip that easy, and IIRC the add said they were hardwood but others here have refered to them as laminate....

Someone needs to chop the tip off and tell us. Might be me..

Ok I am a bit confused, I thought the Boyds stocks were laminates, these pics look like fiberglass. Which is which. I tried to go to the boyds sight and could not even find a listing for this stock let alone if they had any more or not.

just called. made from their laminate, spray coated. asked about the barrel channel and floating. they design this and the blaster to support the barrel. the stock is supposed to touch the barrel and support it. if yours floats and the barreled action dont wiggle, cool. mine didnt. the laminate is stable and you shouldnt have flexing issues with changes in weather. can you float it, sure. but id want that receiver with the rear lug to make me feel better about the whole thing, thats my thoughts.

Here is a pic of mine with a Kidd 16.5 inch barrel, my thinking when I bought the stock was to cut it just in back of the front stud to accomidate the short barrel, but Im thinking its OK as is.

What do you say, chop it back a tad or leave it as is?

Either way Im thinking it need a GAP paint job.

tribphoto021.jpg

tribphoto022.jpg

Leave it! Don't chop it. Paint wouldn't be a bad idea. But If It Was Mine, I Wouldn't Cut It!!! Looks Good As Is - IMHO

Here is a pic of a .17HM2 converted 10/22 in the FDE Boyds Tacti-cool stock.

302v048.jpg

Passport,

Personally I wouldn't cut it. If you feel you need to then by all means chop away. IMO the shorter barrel looks good but I'm a little biased... (my 16.5" is on pg2)