• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 2020 Borka kits

kortik

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2010
Michigan
www.borkatools.com
Last edited:
New kits are more refined, and for this reason, are more expensive.
EFK will do whatever you plan to use it for...
Like the upgrades a lot, particularly the new additions of the 4 inch pound limiter and new style beam handle.

"Off-the-shelf" Borka Tool Kit (BTK) configurations
Kit codeDescriptionStockPrice
BTK-STStandard BTK configuration as shown above Yes $165.00
pixel.gif
BTK-E1BTK with LBK (5/32" and 3/16" ball-end hex 4" long
bits), and custom made 4" long bit extension
Yes $175.00
pixel.gif
BTK-E2BTK with custom made service wrench for
Accuracy International rifles with Quickloc barrels
Yes $175.00
pixel.gif
BTK-E3BTK with a spare set* of all BTK screwdriver bits,
separately packaged in a clear PVC tool tube
Yes $180.00
pixel.gif
BTK-E4BTK with compact Emergency Cleaning Rod (ECR) Yes $200.00

I’m interested.

Looking at the prices...

Does BTK-E4 have all the stuff kits ST to E3 have?

Which one’s the biggest, baddest supersized combo meal? :ROFLMAO:

Is the new carry case available for purchase separately? I have one of your older kits, but have always disliked the case that came with it. The new one looks a lot better.

Is the new carry case available for purchase separately? I have one of your older kits, but have always disliked the case that came with it. The new one looks a lot better.
The new case is a slightly modified, mostly on the outside, Maxpedition EDC Pocket Organizer (Maxpedition item #0246). It is a very popular product, easily available and is sold just about everywhere for $18-$25, depending where you buy it from. For reference, see this link:

Sorry, we do not sell and do not plan to sell this pouch (and some other low priced kit accessories) separately. It makes us no money and reduces existing stock, which was originally purchased exclusively for building the kits.

Last edited:
"Off-the-shelf" Borka Tool Kit (BTK) configurations
Kit codeDescriptionStockPrice
BTK-STStandard BTK configuration as shown above Yes $165.00
pixel.gif
BTK-E1BTK with LBK (5/32" and 3/16" ball-end hex 4" long
bits), and custom made 4" long bit extension
Yes $175.00
pixel.gif
BTK-E2BTK with custom made service wrench for
Accuracy International rifles with Quickloc barrels
Yes $175.00
pixel.gif
BTK-E3BTK with a spare set* of all BTK screwdriver bits,
separately packaged in a clear PVC tool tube
Yes $180.00
pixel.gif
BTK-E4BTK with compact Emergency Cleaning Rod (ECR) Yes $200.00

I’m interested.

Looking at the prices...

Does BTK-E4 have all the stuff kits ST to E3 have?

Which one’s the biggest, baddest supersized combo meal? :ROFLMAO:
1. BTK-E4 (Expanded #4 configuration) only has ECR inside standard Borka Tool Kit (BTK-ST).

2. "Combo meal" will include whatever you will specify. As suggested (see last note) at the bottom of the product web page, contact us by e-mail (preferably) or call to get a quote for custom BCK configuration.

Selling to Aus or still an alleged ITAR no no ?
It's not just ITAR which may or may not be a issue. In fact, as it appears after quick research, Borka products are not directly restricted by ITAR, at least for now. However, there is a LOT of other export regulations from other U.S. goverment agencies, which require close attention to avoid potential trouble with exporting to other countries. It will certainly require a lot of time and money to comply and be perfectly legit as an exporter.

Other factors:

1. It takes at least 4-5 more time (and time is money) to ship internationally. No good.

2. There is no way to make sure international customers will receive their orders in a reasonable amount of time or receive their orders at all. No good.

3. Borka Tools will not be providing warranty or technical support to international customers if something needs to be shipped, because it is very expensive in comparison to shipping domestically. Obviously, I can not sell and then refuse to support my products. No good.

As you can see, there are too many complications for an export by a small company like Borka Tools with limited financial resources. For these very reasons, we made a decision not to export. We only ship to destinations with the U.S. zip codes. "Nothing personal, strictly business."

Last edited:
Nik,
That is the last thing I wanna do to you...
If I can fix something to avoid it, let me know.
Best to you,
Boris

Thanks

I am sure my wallet will pull through.

Can we get the PTL add-on in 90 in-lbs? That is what I use for my ERA-TAC mounts.

Is the 4 in-lbs PTL for the NF scopes more accurate than the one you sent me previously. I remember you told me it was experimental but it works great

Thanks

I am sure my wallet will pull through.

Can we get the PTL add-on in 90 in-lbs? That is what I use for my ERA-TAC mounts.

Is the 4 in-lbs PTL for the NF scopes more accurate than the one you sent me previously. I remember you told me it was experimental but it works great
Nik,

Yes, we have PTLs in 80, 90 and 100 inch-lbs., so any of them can be added to BCK (Borka Combo Kit).
Current 4 inch-lbs. PTLs are exceptionally accurate, better than +/-1%. Not sure if such accuracy is even needed, but that is why we call them Precision Torque Limiters. If your 4 inch-lbs. PTL works to your satisfaction, I do not think you need the new one...

Boris

I received mine but I unfortunately was too impatient to wait for the group buy. This little kit is amazing though !

SH members,

The new BTD1070-IP torque driver is a very refined tool with a very practical adjustment range. It is slightly more expensive (3 more additional parts and related labor cost), but with this design, I was able to improve ergonomics, accuracy, consistency and durability to a very high level.

I do not anticipate to have any more design changes in the nearest 15+ years.

As an example, I've tested 2 of BTD1070-IP for 120,000 cycles each with no reduction in specifications as claimed. Obviously 120,000 cycles will hardly happen in real life... I've kept a sample of this driver for one (1) straight year, hanged by the wire outside my residence, to see if it would have been somehow affected by four (4) seasons in Michigan. I've done a drop test on cement floor from 5-6 feet. Kept another sample in a freezer for 3 days, then tested it for function and accuracy. I've boiled a sample in a pot on the stove.

BTD1070-IP passed all the tests.

Boris
Borka Tools

Last edited:
Reactions: deltawiskey
Thank you Boris you went above and beyond

Caught red handed! Russian Collusion!
Yep,

And refund was possibly made in roubles? At any rate, I would like to defend Ds91 and myself by stating that I do drink inexpensive Polish vodka called "Sobieski", distilled w/o any known influence from Russia. Poland is the only Nato member which is good at making decent vodka. This is the reason Russia is dead serious to invade Poland and to stop polish vodka production to get rid of the only true competitor. The good news is that USA does not produce any good vodka, so all of us here should be totally safe from the "russians are coming".

In the mean time, SH GB for BTD kits is still opened, and SH members can take a look at the GB offerings and order something, so I could get some money to buy enough "Sobieski" before Poland becomes victim of the Russian invasion. As a Russia born SH member, I'm telling you, brothers - it's all about good quality booze... No booze, no need to invade, collude or whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ds91
Yep,

And refund was possibly made in roubles? At any rate, I would like to defend Ds91 and myself by stating that I do drink inexpensive Polish vodka called "Sobieski", distilled w/o any known influence from Russia. Poland is the only Nato member which is good at making decent vodka. This is the reason Russia is dead serious to invade Poland and to stop polish vodka production to get rid of the only true competitor. The good news is that USA does not produce any good vodka, so all of us here should be totally safe from the "russians are coming".

In the mean time, SH GB for BTD kits is still opened, and SH members can take a look at the GB offerings and order something, so I could get some money to buy enough "Sobieski" before Poland becomes victim of the Russian invasion. As a Russia born SH member, I'm telling you, brothers - it's all about good quality booze... No booze, no need to invade, collude or whatever.

Sir I recommend to you some Buffalo Trace Bourbon.

There is better and there is more expensive but for affordable and tasty have some Buffalo.

Its time you start drinking American grain.

Sir I recommend to you some Buffalo Trace Bourbon.

There is better and there is more expensive but for affordable and tasty have some Buffalo.

Its time you start drinking American grain.
I already tried American grain. However, something that I can not clearly identify, pushes me back to drinking vodka made somewhere in Eastern Europe. I have no idea what to do about it...

I already tried American grain. However, something that I can not clearly identify, pushes me back to drinking vodka made somewhere in Eastern Europe. I have no idea what to do about it...

Its okay.

I still believe America is a melting pot.

You bring your Eastern European ways and jump in to the pot to add your unique flavor.

Because you assimilated it means your kids will drink Bourbon.

I bought what I thought was the new and improved kit and it was the old antiquated kit. Still pretty dang nice but really don’t like the old pouch vs the new one. Totally my fault.

I bought what I thought was the new and improved kit and it was the old antiquated kit. Still pretty dang nice but really don’t like the old pouch vs the new one. Totally my fault.
I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the pouch design of the kit which you've bought. The idea behind that pouch, and I assume that you may have EFK pouch (?), custom made for Borka Tools by TAB GEAR per our own pouch design specifications, has been to package all kit components in a very compact format. TAB GEAR pouch serves this purpose very well, but naturally, it also limits kit expansion capability as needed for the new 2020 BTD expanded, combo and custom kits. And predicitng how the custom made pouch should look like without knowing what exactly will be packaged inside it several years from now is "mission imposible".

For this reason, we've made a decision to use Maxpedition pouch, which allows more flexibily for packaging of currently avaiable and future accessories, and can be also used for many applications, unrelated to Borka torque tool kits, as a universal small size pouch.

I know it's a bit more money for you to spend, but if you wish to change the pouch, take a look at Maxpedition E.D.C. Pocket Organizer (manufacturer item # 0246). It is available from many online vendors for $18-22. It is indentical to Borka BTK and BCK pouch, except for a couple of very minor and non-critical changes we've asked Maxpedition to make for us.

Boris
Borka Tools

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the pouch design of the kit which you've bought. The idea behind that pouch, and I assume that you may have EFK pouch (?), custom made for Borka Tools by TAB GEAR per our own pouch design specifications, has been to package all kit components in a very compact format. TAB GEAR pouch serves this purpose very well, but naturally, it also limits kit expansion capability as needed for the new 2020 BTD expanded, combo and custom kits. And predicitng how the custom made pouch should look like without knowing what exactly will be packaged inside it several years from now is "mission imposible".

For this reason, we've made a decision to use Maxpedition pouch, which allows more flexibily for packaging of currently avaiable and future accessories, and can be also used for many applications, unrelated to Borka torque tool kits, as a universal small size pouch.

I know it's a bit more money for you to spend, but if you wish to change the pouch, take a look at Maxpedition E.D.C. Pocket Organizer (manufacturer item # 0246). It is available from many online vendors for $18-22. It is indentical to Borka BTK and BCK pouch, except for a couple of very minor and non-critical changes we've asked Maxpedition to make for us.

Boris
Borka Tools
Thanks. The tab kit is very compact but a little less “handy” than I would prefer. It’s totally fine and I’ll use it for a while before I make a decision to buy an alternative like the maxpedition.

Got my kit yesterday, these are amazing quality and functionality for the money.
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I'm surprised myself how well the new 2020 Borka Torque Driver works... It's actually more accurate than it probably needs to be, ergonomics is much improved in comparison to 2015 ATD and it's made in the U.S.A. from stainless steel and anodized aluminum for enhanced corrosion resistance.

Have no plans to change this design for the nearest 15+ years, after spending the last 2 years for R&D and testing five different prototypes for accuracy and durability.

Boris

Last edited:
Ocean Vodka. Tahoe Blue Vodka.
Viva 'Murica.

Any chance of purchasing a coup!e of the maxpedition pouches separately. I currently own 4 of 5 of your wrenches. 2 or 3 of the original style with preset and 2 of the sliding wrenches kinda hard to justify another wrench right now.

He has only made a few modifications to the outside of the case
Thanks very much for helping with the answer. That is exactly what I would say myself.

A bit more info from SH GB post:

Maxpedition pouch, which we use for BTD kits, is a very slightly modified Maxpedition E.D.C. Pocket Organizer (manufacturer item # 0246), and it is readily available for purchase from many online retailers.

Modifications include: use of business card clear pocket instead of velcro on the front of the pouch, and removal of a short strap with a plastic hook inside the pouch. No other changes.

Boris
Borka Tools

Last edited:
Thanks Bkultra and Kortik. I like that style pouch better than the pouches that my 2015 models came with. Those pouches worked but these look like it would be easier to get what I need rather than dumping out the entire pouch.

Cool new kit. I'm going to have to order the new pouch. The old one makes it a little difficult to get to the tools. I bought the 2018 EFK1, with ECR included. What are the differences to the new kit? What do I need to get to upgrade?

Cool new kit. I'm going to have to order the new pouch. The old one makes it a little difficult to get to the tools. I bought the 2018 EFK1, with ECR included. What are the differences to the new kit? What do I need to get to upgrade?
I believe it would be practical just to call me, and we can figure out things together. 248-798-7621.
We do not sell Maxpedition pouches separately. These pouches are available from many sources.

Boris
Borka Tools

Below is the list of the SH members, who paid for their orders and as the result,
we now have 7.5% of all GB purchases, or a total of $721.00 to support Snipers Hide.

SH memberKits / Other ItemsContribution to SHStatus
1Mark.n.chipBCK-N1$14Shipped
2CanonSterVABCK-JM+PTL0090$20Shipped
3T44BTK-E4+PTL0004$16Shipped
4RNWRKNPBCK-Custom$16Shipped
5jcamBCK-JM$17Shipped
6chris514scottBCK-JM$17Shipped
7LCHDRBCK-JM,UTK1,AP1,LBKx3$27Shipped
8BpairBTK-E1$12Shipped
9ToddMBCK-JM$17Shipped
10Navy ChiefBTK-E1, MCR$16Shipped
11blairBCK-JM$17Shipped
12alchrisrBTK-E4$14Shipped
13skatz11BCK-JM,UTK,ECRx2$25Shipped
14polter71BCK-JM$17Shipped
15CompookyBCK-BL$14Shipped
16sodakhunterBCK-JM$17Shipped
17Stone842BCK-JM, UTK$19Shipped
18BkultraBCK-JM$17Shipped
19JimmyMcnultyBCK-JM$17Shipped
20aishooternzBTK-E2$12Shipped
21High Plains DrifterBTK-Custom$15Shipped
22weedsBTK-E1$12Shipped
23FJR05BTK-E4$14Shipped
24SHGronkBCK-JM$17Shipped
25JFPBCK-JM, MCR, 20 other items$54Shipped
26Macman25BCK-N1$14Shipped
27SpicyChipmunkBTK-E7$15Shipped
28Bigdaddy0381BCK-JM special$18Shipped
29M1matchBCK-BL$14Shipped
30precision_dadBTK-E5$15Shipped
31Blkz06BTK-E1$12Shipped
32Jlamb182BCK-JM$17Shipped
33FarrdgBTK-E1$12Shipped
34bidetBTK-E5, UTK$17Shipped
35erslllBTK-E1$12Shipped
36IncahootsBCK-DT$14Shipped
37rust4brainsBCK-DT$14Shipped
38IndustrialHaloBTK-E1$12Shipped
39WilbBCK-RH, MCR$23Shipped
40GreyswandirBTK-E5$15Shipped
41TakashiBTK-E2+ECR$15Shipped
42TipToeTangoBTK-E1+PTL0004K1$14Shipped
43TornadoBTK-E1, UTK$14Shipped

This GB is estimated to be closed in 7-10 days.

Boris
Borka Tools
[email protected]

Reactions: pmclaine