• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New .260 is finally done - update

JamieD

Wolf Precision, Inc.
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
Johnstown,pa
www.wolfprecision.net
It's been a long wait for the parts and pieces but she is finally together. As it sits, it is my "Long Range Hunter" in a series of rifles I would like to offer. It will also be popped into my AICS stock for tactical matches. Hope to get to the range later this week.

The specs:
Chambered in .260 match.
Holland Thumbhole Stock.
Fluted Krieger, 1-8 twist, 24", Sendero Contour.
Completely trued Remington action, sleeved bolt with .002 clearence.
Pinned Holland recoil lug.
Rifle Basix LV-1 trigger.
Randy Cain bolt mod.
Cerakote (H-Series)Graphite Black.
Bedded using Devcon.

LRH1.jpg

LRH2.jpg

The Sleeving is a lot of work, but in the end I feel like I'm leaving something on the table if I don't do it. I did leave a little more clearence, .002 ranther than .001 that I left on my .223 which got a little stiff the secong day at ASC newbie. Not a big deal / wiped on shirt and a little oil and she was back in action. I'll post some range reports - I'm trying the 123 A-max and 140 A-max out of Lapua brass.

JamieD
Wolf Precision
All Hogs Go to Heaven

Re: My new .260 is finally done.

Finally got to the range. Firing new .243 Lapua I just necked up. Loved the higher velocities with no pressure so far. The 123 A-max is running around 2975fps. Hope to get her out after some groundhogs tonight to break it in : )

Only shot 4 shot groups becouse once the suppessor got warm after the first group, you couldn't get the 5th shot off without looking through a wall of boil. Even after letting it cool 10 minutes between groups, 4 shots was about the limit for bench work. Groups were fired using a bi-pod and rear bag.

IMG_7891.jpg

First 3 shot group out of the gun fouling the barrel a little after getting it on paper.

IMG_7892.jpg

H4350 with the new 123 A-max. 4 shot groups - upper right hand group I dropped the last shot - got exited : )

IMG_7894.jpg

140 A-max shined as well running around 2750fps. Left group, I dropped one shot out.

JamieD
Wolf Precision
All Hogs Go to Heaven

Thanks All, I'm going to do some five shot groups - the load work is going well. Just hard with the suppressor and the mirage. Although she is nice to shoot suppressed.

The 123 A-max's are running a little faster than I thought. I ran them through a Chronograph yesterday but it was reading spuratic and faulting. Re-ran them today and at 45.1 grains of H4350 they are running 3074fps. Shot some chucks out to 515 yards and they smoked them. Only needed 7.75 Minutes.

I'll post some more range pics as I get there.

JamieD

Great stick. Really, do you have to post 5 shot groups to show how your load work up is progressing?

That sure looks nice. Sure wish they'd gone with 7x57 or 6.5x57 instead of 7.62x51 Nato fifty-five years ago.

From the 1980's and early 1990's, I have enough 308 brass and projectiles to last me the rest of my life.

Oh well.

Jamie

Looks like a groundhogs nightmare.

I plan on lightening my 260 a little when I rebarrel.

What does your rig weigh less suppessor?

It really tore the chucks up - the 123 A-max is pretty explosive.

.260 shooter,
I think right around 10lbs with scope rings and bases. I used aluminum rings and bases to help. Really nice to carry around - not so hard on the shoulder.

JamieD