• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New 260 with KRG W3 Chassis

hunter121

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2006
Washington
Heres my new build that JD At HSSS did for me, I went out today and shot 100rds through it with great success at 280, 500 & 710. The Chassis is great and once I got it adjusted I was making the steel ring with ease. Like a idiot I left the camera at home but the next time I go out I will get some pictures. I am already chopping at the bit to get back out so hopefully it wont be to long.

Specs -

Rem 700 trued up and cut for AW mags
PTG 2pc complete bolt
Obermyer 20" Varmint contour 260 w/ AAC 51T brake
Barrel/bolt/Action all PARKED
KRG W3 Chassis
Shillen Trigger
Seekins 20moa
NF 5.5-22x56 HS/ZS NPR1
UNIMOUNT 20moa 1.125 with bubble level
Atlas V8 with HSSS 'Fang' bipod feet

Excuse the mess on the table!

Re: New 260 with KRG W3 Chassis

Nice rifle what do you think of the nightforce I want to get that same scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snipenace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle what do you think of the nightforce I want to get that same scope. </div></div>

I am very happy with it, dont really have any complaints.

Good to hear thanks<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter121</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snipenace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle what do you think of the nightforce I want to get that same scope. </div></div>

I am very happy with it, dont really have any complaints. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: snipenace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle what do you think of the nightforce I want to get that same scope. </div></div>

They are very low quality scopes and he should sell it to me for $200!
grin.gif

Ryan-

That rig is bad arse! JD does great work. He built me a 6.5 Swede for my wife that shoots in the .2s at 100yds, and it is a lightweight hunter. I look forward to seeing your new hammer on the firing line. Are you bringing it on the 4th?

Matt,

I sure am planing on bringing it out on the 4th! Sounds like it will be my last match of the year since work is going to be in the way. I will be heading out Friday to test some loads and hopefully I will come up with something so I can get some ammo loaded up and get some Dope out to 1K on Sunday.

Very nice, I love the 260, IMO, one of the best and efficient cartridges out there.

Update-

I think I found a load the rifle likes, I was out testing some loads yesterday. The wind was blowing L to R at about 10mph and was gusting up to about 16+ or so. First two shots were in the same damn hole, I felt the wind pick up and tried to rush the 3rd and pitched it to the right a touch. Still measures mid .5 outside to outside. I plan on shooting some more Sunday and I will try to get a nice 5 shot group to post up.

24cyz5u.jpg

awsome setup i'm working on the same exact combo!!

Great looking rifle. Makes me want a KRG Chassis.

Is that a tubb bolt? If it is, how smooth does it feel in the action, is it loose when you pulled the bolt all the way back? Does the bolt handle get in the way when you have a 90 degree trigger finger. The bolt with a badger style bolt knob i have currently gets in the way.

Thanks for the compliments guys I am pretty happy with it, and the stock is badass, Two more will be ordered as soon as a LA is available.

CanTarget - the bolt is a PTG 2 Pc, it is very smooth with minimal wiggle when open. Not to sure how to awnser your other question but the bolt knob does not get in my way.

That chassis is incredibly tempting. Any idea if the factory Sako bipod fits in the chassis?

The TRG bipod might fit depending on your barrel profile. It didn't fit one of our rifles but a customer sent pics of his setup where it worked. There's just not much clearance for the barrel with that factory bipod.
Justin