• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New 300WM

wnroscoe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
NW Louisiana
Here's one of my latest builds. I promised the owner I'd post pics for him since he's off shore right now. He was jonesing to see em
wink.gif
Here ya go Shannon, she'll be here waiting when you get in.

Specs;

Trued Rem700LA
Krieger 1-10 30cal
PTG .250" Recoil Lug
Chambered in 300WM
Threaded for TacOps Can
Rem Bolt Fluted and Hard Chromed
Tuned Rem Old Style Trigger
Bolt Knob by Terry Cross @ KMW (per the owner)
Pillar Bedded in Devcon 10110
McMillan A5 with Spacer System & Adj. Cheek
Badger LA DBM
Badger 20moa Scope Rail
All Metal in Flat OD KG Gun Kote

25uliqg.jpg

rmpjyv.jpg

2uixel5.jpg

21nfi9k.jpg

e067g8.jpg

Re: New 300WM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paduan Learner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wnroscoe,

What do McMillan call that colour scheme?

Neil </div></div>

It's a swirll, 34% OD Green, 33%Tan, 33% Black

Great gun. I really like the bolt knob!!!!!
Looks like I will be sending some bolts to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great gun. I really like the bolt knob!!!!!
Looks like I will be sending some bolts to you. </div></div>

Terry did the bolt knob for us. The owner of the rifle and I know Terry, didnt want to knock Terry out of some business. For bolt knobs like the one on this rifle send them Terry @ KMW, he'll do a great job for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that KMW knob the one with the 1/2" hex in it? Is it 5/16th fine threaded? </div></div>

5/16x24 I believe, yes on the 1/2 hex

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...stunning ! </div></div>

Thank you Sir

Great looking rifle, as always. Did you happen to give her a test drive yet to see how she shoots? Just wondering if you would share how it groups.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Naw, no test drive. I'll let Shannon have the honors </div></div>

Gotcha. I had to look at the pics again and noticed that you can't even tell the barrel is threaded...the cap just appears to be part of the barrel. Excellent stuff.

I want to jump in here and clarify some of the above.

The bolt mod pictured is my Gen II Tactical handle. Been running those on the new Surgeon and Rem M700s for about 9 months now. Prototyped the CAD and tested the machining on the original Sako Quad handles if anyone remembers those from last year. The internal fluting and cuts were made to drop some weight from the stainless part and also gain a little more grip areas.

This handle conversion DOES NOT fit a 1/2" hex nut. While the pattern is perfect for that task, the inside fit is purposefully undersize so that it can't be used for that. Much consideration was done prior ot finalizing the dimensions. My handles are threaded onto the original handle boss. Using it as such a tool would require me to cross pin them or weld them to prevent possibly loosening of the handle. Several of us tried to conjure up scenarios where such a need was there and the list was very short. So. . I made it on purpose where no one could be tempted to use it for that.

Do not confuse my handle with the features on the PSS SH09 Rifle build. If I am not mistaken, that was one of the tricks for his own custom bolt handle. Very nice feature and nice rifle package. I'm sure he has already designed his version to pre-empt any such issues.

Now back to Williams original thread topic.
Very nice rifle sir.

Best,
TC

It looks like a very polished piece of work, with excellent attention to detail. Very nicely done.

Mr Roscoe,

Very slick stick there! Your craftsmanship is of ye old school quality, and is much appreciated in todays time of " right now ".

I have one question, I am building a very similar rifle, and have been looking for bottom metal and 10 round mag for 300WM. Your note says BO, but the website says 5 round only on other than short action. Can you steer a bayou boy in the right direction?

MikeeB

The more I see of Roscoes work the more and more it makes me want to have him build me a rifle,,,now just to sell a bunch of shit so I can afford one,,,,very very nice rifle

DAMN... on the phone w/BSP212 now, he just told me about. Just wow.
WOW... love that thread protector.
WOW... me want.

Mr Roscoe,
I have been watching some of your posts and have to say it loos like you do great work.
Beautiful rifle.