• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New 6mm ARC on the way

2brothers641

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2008
IA, USA
Ordered a Seekins DMR 6mm arc today. Should have it in a few days and want to get a head start. What is the consensus on best mags, preferably 5-10 round? Currently I don’t reload so factory ammo for now. Any of the factory offerings showing consistently good accuracy? Rifle will be primarily used for hunting inside 250 yards. Thanks for any input.

Reactions: General RE LEE
Duramag 10’s and 20’s run great in my Seekins ARC. All 3 Hornady loads also hammer in it. I mostly shoot precision hunter because it’s a great hunting and long range bullet in one.

No capacity limits here. I just like shorter mags for hunting, especially when using a thermal at night.

I’ve had good luck with Duramags in my .450 BM so I’ll give them a try. I see Geissele has some mags (not in stock). Christ they are proud of them for what they cost.

I think that barrel has a 1:8 twist vs the more common 1:7.5 twist rate for 6 ARC. Some people find better accuracy with lighter bullets, but they also handload. You can try the 3 Hornady offerings and see what it likes best. Seems the 105 Hornady Black and 108 ELD-M are the most available.

Currently using the duramags. 10, 20, and 27(?) I believe. The 20 feels like it really only wants to hold 19. You can shove 20 in there but good luck inserting it on a closed bolt. All have worked flawlessly for me so far