• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New 6mm ARC on the way

2brothers641

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2008
IA, USA
Ordered a Seekins DMR 6mm arc today. Should have it in a few days and want to get a head start. What is the consensus on best mags, preferably 5-10 round? Currently I don’t reload so factory ammo for now. Any of the factory offerings showing consistently good accuracy? Rifle will be primarily used for hunting inside 250 yards. Thanks for any input.

Reactions: General RE LEE
Duramag 10’s and 20’s run great in my Seekins ARC. All 3 Hornady loads also hammer in it. I mostly shoot precision hunter because it’s a great hunting and long range bullet in one.

Reactions: -H-
No capacity limits here. I just like shorter mags for hunting, especially when using a thermal at night.

I’ve had good luck with Duramags in my .450 BM so I’ll give them a try. I see Geissele has some mags (not in stock). Christ they are proud of them for what they cost.

I think that barrel has a 1:8 twist vs the more common 1:7.5 twist rate for 6 ARC. Some people find better accuracy with lighter bullets, but they also handload. You can try the 3 Hornady offerings and see what it likes best. Seems the 105 Hornady Black and 108 ELD-M are the most available.

Currently using the duramags. 10, 20, and 27(?) I believe. The 20 feels like it really only wants to hold 19. You can shove 20 in there but good luck inserting it on a closed bolt. All have worked flawlessly for me so far

Reactions: -H-
I've had no issues with the 6ARC-specific ASC mags (ones with red followers) in my Seekins DMR, if you want another option, too.

From what I've been reading, most of the 5-10rd mags feed pretty well. It's the higher capacity (20rd+) where the issues start popping up for some reason.

I have about 600 rounds of 6arc through my ASC 6.5g mag. Probably about that in grendel through it too.

Been using ASC grendel mags for 22 ARC, zero problems.