• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New 7mm mag build

gnappi

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2012
If any of you folks are actually using a 7 mag out to and beyond 1000 yards, and used some of the bullet drop software how accurate have you found the software to be?

That said, what's the best of breed software?

I ask because I only have access to at max 500 yards, and would like to minimize dope changing and diddling with bullets at longer ranges when I get the opportunity to travel

TIA

Gary

Re: New 7mm mag build

Thanks,

I went to the JBM site and ran a few calculations, and the results import directly into Open Office Calc Spreadsheet. Even the bold gets in with the correct columns laid out!

But... I was looking more for something either PC (windows) or Linux based so I can keep in on my laptop and not have to be online?

Can't help you pc wise but if you have an iPhone then the "Shooter" app or "BallisticFTE" are both excellent. I mostly use shooter.

I use Bulletflight, shooter, FTE they all work the same as long as you input the correct info. Bulletflight is the one I use most. Use a Kestrel weather station to get your station pressure, and other weather info.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NWd1YYouuNQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NWd1YYouuNQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Jbm ballistic fte for you iPhone enter your velocity, bullet, and DA and go

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yellowjacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jbm ballistic fte for you iPhone enter your velocity, bullet, and DA and go</div></div>

Yes, and you still need to enter the temperature separately from DA to correct the velocity if the temp is different significantly from your zero temp.

To set the Shooter into DA mode you have to go the settings icon on your iphone, scroll to shooter in the app list at the bottom, then scroll down to Use Density Alt and set it to ON. Then restart the phone.

I use shooter, has worked great for me. Has DA and standard input, plus it has a true feature that will recalculate off of 5 separate yardage/corrections. Also has the Brian litz g7 bc library. Has put me on many times first shot at 860yds, that's the farthest I can get.