• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Action Coming Soon...Falkor Viper

90° bolt lift 👎
Not really a con...
I am curious about these "innovative" features that were being touted a year ago. So far it looks like another nice custom action, but I dont see what it does that several others don't.

@kthomas ... I sent an email to Falkor asking about the cocking on the 7even and received a reply back from a Jacob Hutchens that it was 100% cock on open. How true that is I don’t know as I don’t own one but that was the reply I received.

Reactions: kthomas and rydah
@kthomas ... I sent an email to Falkor asking about the cocking on the 7even and received a reply back from a Jacob Hutchens that it was 100% cock on open. How true that is I don’t know as I don’t own one but that was the reply I received.

Thanks!

100% cock on open is my preference, in my opinion I think that was a good design call by them.

I have two shooting buddies that have them. They are extremely smooth out of the box and the packaging was top notch! They come in a hard case with cutouts for the scope wedge & action.

The coating seemed very slick and it was almost impossible to bind up. Overall I was impressed. Still love my Impact though!🤘🏻

I was able to jump in when they had the pre-order going for the first batch at $1k even. Since then, the price has gone up quite a bit. The coating is probably the smoothest I've seen on an action. I'm still waiting to get a barrel matched to it but am excited to get the ball rolling. The action did come in a very nice hard case with custom cut foam. This was a nice touch even though it won't go back in it once the rifle is assembled

Attachments

• IMG_20201027_123537201~2.jpg
    IMG_20201027_123537201~2.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 219
I was able to jump in when they had the pre-order going for the first batch at $1k even. Since then, the price has gone up quite a bit. The coating is probably the smoothest I've seen on an action. I'm still waiting to get a barrel matched to it but am excited to get the ball rolling. The action did come in a very nice hard case with custom cut foam. This was a nice touch even though it won't go back in it once the rifle is assembled

It is a very smooth action. Did they include any instructions on getting the bolt apart? I bought mine as a barreled action from PVA.

Reactions: jhutch3313
It is a very smooth action. Did they include any instructions on getting the bolt apart? I bought mine as a barreled action from PVA.
To disassemble the bolt you will need a firing pin removal tool, we suggest polymer so you don't mark up the finish on the shroud, or wrap it in masking tape. This will allow you to remove the firing pin for cleaning and lubrication, we suggest not using excessive grease or it will affect the function. If you wish to disassemble the firing pin as well you will need a firing pin disassembly tool.

To disassemble the bolt you will need a firing pin removal tool, we suggest polymer so you don't mark up the finish on the shroud, or wrap it in masking tape. This will allow you to remove the firing pin for cleaning and lubrication, we suggest not using excessive grease or it will affect the function. If you wish to disassemble the firing pin as well you will need a firing pin disassembly tool.
Do you have specific recommended tools for this? I see most of these tools are fairly specific to the actions they're designed for

Reactions: jhutch3313
The firing pin disassembly tool you will be able to use a rem700 tool, brownells has them. The firing pin removal tool, Sinclair makes a Delrin tool for rem700 or PT&G Remington should work.

Reactions: wbbh
After trying out the Brownells/Sinclair firing pin removal tool Item #749-004-116MB, I found the rear of the Falkor bolt doesn't fit in standard Rem 700 pin removal tools. This is because the rear of the Falkor bolt has an angled rear cut as the 700 bolt uses a more "cylindrical" cut around the rear of the bolt

Attachments

• IMG_20210214_003158346.jpg
    IMG_20210214_003158346.jpg
    819.8 KB · Views: 95
  • new-remington-700-long-action-stainless-steel-complete-bolt-assembly-4.jpeg
    new-remington-700-long-action-stainless-steel-complete-bolt-assembly-4.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Paracord trick works as well.

Attachments

• 472CDE1E-4C26-4A81-A4B5-B55A6959BD2B.jpeg
    472CDE1E-4C26-4A81-A4B5-B55A6959BD2B.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 7DEE83A0-7FCD-4950-BAC4-F6894CDC1133.jpeg
    7DEE83A0-7FCD-4950-BAC4-F6894CDC1133.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: Schütze and wbbh
After trying out the Brownells/Sinclair firing pin removal tool Item #749-004-116MB, I found the rear of the Falkor bolt doesn't fit in standard Rem 700 pin removal tools. This is because the rear of the Falkor bolt has an angled rear cut as the 700 bolt uses a more "cylindrical" cut around the rear of the bolt

I have that tool and use it on my Impact action, which also has angled cuts on the bolt shroud. Works fine for me.

I have that tool and use it on my Impact action, which also has angled cuts on the bolt shroud. Works fine for me.
The tool wouldn't fit over the end of the tail of the bolt before stopping. I'm sure you could make it work if you were to trim the delrin tool to fit this bolt but I've since returned it and will be trying the kleinendort as mentioned above

Anymore updates on these actions? Are more of them getting out into circulation and being ran? For anyone that has been running them, how smooth are they compared to the impacts and lone peaks?

Anymore updates on these actions? Are more of them getting out into circulation and being ran? For anyone that has been running them, how smooth are they compared to the impacts and lone peaks?

Frank green (bartlein barrels) has build on one and he mentioned he was happy with it

Reactions: Mattv931
Has anyone here tried other bolt knob combinations? Falkor or other brands. I'm looking for other options as I see falkor only has a few options currently.