• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Addition! Mega MA-TEN Megalithic

hdfireman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2012
Texas
Finished this jewel up today and plan on shooting it in the next couple of days. Here is a run down of specs

Mega Arms MA-TEN Megalithic receiver set
Krieger 18" 1:11 5R SS heavy barrel, chambered in .308 and fluted by Craddock Precision
SI Defense NIB BCG
Geissele SSA-E
Magpul UBR
Nightforce 3.5x15 50 w/MOAR reticle
Tungsten cerakote done by Scalpel Arms

DSC01223_zps85c4a3b0.jpg

DSC01222_zpsfa0946a3.jpg

DSC01226_zpsef540479.jpg

DSC01225_zps2e2aae92.jpg

Last edited:
Finished this jewel up today and plan on shooting it in the next couple of days. Here is a run down of specs

Mega Arms MA-TEN Megalithic receiver set
Krieger 18" 1:11 5R SS heavy barrel, chambered in .308 and fluted by Craddock Precision
SI Defense NIB BCG
Geissele SSA-E
Magpul UBR
Nightforce 3.5x15 50 w/MOAR reticle
Tungsten cerakote done by Scalpel Arms

DSC01223_zps85c4a3b0.jpg

DSC01222_zpsfa0946a3.jpg

DSC01226_zpsef540479.jpg

DSC01225_zps2e2aae92.jpg

is that a midlength gas system? Was it a major pain in the ass installing the gas block and/or the gas tube on a monolithic upper??

Last I knew Mega wasnt making the "extended rifle" version of the megalithic so unless i am wrong, its a midlength gas system?

It is a mid-length gas. I had no problem getting the gas block on it. One off the key mod slots lines up with the set screws on the bottom of the gas block.

Last edited:
man that's terrible. I just cant put it into words. really awful. tell ya what, I can let you get razzed for showing up with that, so ill pm you an address. just send it to me, ill hide it in my safe next to my ugly MATENs and ill even pay shipping. I cant let you be seen shooting this. ill send back the scope in a week. or two, lol

Interested to see how that shoots. My next AR will be something very similar to that but I was thinking the Rainier 20" Ultra Match barrel with their Nickel BCG and a SWFA 3.-15 scope.

Sweet build man. I'm in process of putting mine together now. Thinking of cerekoting in burnt bronze or patriot brown. I ordered the 16" mega barrel..let me know how yours shoots. Hoping for well below MOA with mine. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410120503.568584.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1410120514.583319.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't have a chance to shoot it this weekend but hopefully this next week I can get it done.

How do you like the ubr stock? I'm torn between that and the ctr with cheek riser..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feels good to me but have not shot with it yet. The UBR is a heavy stock but I'm ok with that because it helps balance the rifle. I like the fact that the cheek weld never moves.

Is that a sryac gas block? Let me know how it goes with that, mine was a dickhead. Still something not quite right, just need to shoot it more.