• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision *** New *** AGM Neith DS32-4MP Day/Night Vision Scope - Review

Just to be clear, i've had limited usage in the past looking through clip-on units that belonged to others, and didn't mess with them, and only got to quickly look through them... So, my clip-on experience was very limited, and not enough to gather any sort of opinion from, other than "Oh, that's cool...". So, this was the first time I've gotten to really mess with one and asses it while adjusting controls and stuff. I only state this, because if you already own/owned a clip-on unit, you most likely know what you're getting into... I was not... Here's my first impressions compared to using the scope versions...

Went outside and messed with it a little bit... The smallest power 50mm scope I have is a Kahles Helia KX 3.5-10x50, so, exceptionally clear glass. The LRF part works awesome! I'm a big fan of that feature. And the recorded image/video is as nice as the scope version. But that's about where the love stops... I honestly am not really a fan of the clip-on setup... I don't think I like clip-on units at all, and might end up sending it back and either getting a Neith LRF scope version (the LRF part is GREAT!), or just putting that money towards a new Rattler V2 50-640, or maybe selling it to someone for what I got in it... 🤷🏼

What didn’t you like about the image? Also, what illuminator did you use? Digital NV lives or dies by its illuminator. I wonder how it would perform with a Luna for IR.

What didn’t you like about the image? Also, what illuminator did you use? Digital NV lives or dies by its illuminator. I wonder how it would perform with a Luna for IR.

Probably very pixelated.

Unfortunately, I don't have any dealers nearby to trial a clip on, but it seems to me you need to have the right scope for a clip on as well. Maybe something along the lines of a G3 Razor 1-10 or similar.

@FuhQ - can you share a photo of the unit mounted on the rifle? Does it literally just clip on to the bell of the scope or are you mounted in front of it? AGMs website is lacking in details/photos of it mounted.

Based on their other optic I'll take a wild guess the clip-on doesn't perform well with any more magnification than 2.5X. Maybe a 1-4LPVO or fixed 2.5x prism.

Reactions: FuhQ
Believe it or not, the factory built-in 850 IR is pretty damn good on the Neith units, even for being very small, and it is actually adjustable beam (nobody ever talks about that in the videos, but it does twist and adjust in/out). But that was not my issue. My issue was the fact that with a base-magnification scope of 3.5x you could't see the whole screen... You couldn't see the OSD, and you couldn't see when you were recording, and the image was very limited.

The image quality was pretty good, it did pretty good up to about 7x. Then it started getting pretty pixelated.

I have an AGM Sioux 850 Long Range IR, and it's a big unit, and throws a REALLY strong beam, but I didn't test it with it, because when using it on a base mag of 3.5x scope, everything already felt so constricted, you didn't want to use anymore magnification out of the scope. This is why I like the Neith riflescope versions better. With the digital zoom, you can still see your entire OSD, and the time, recording, etc... But with the clip-on, you couldn't see any of that... Which, i'm not a fan of.

Based on their other optic I'll take a wild guess the clip-on doesn't perform well with any more magnification than 2.5X. Maybe a 1-4LPVO or fixed 2.5x prism.
Bingo! 👍🏼 The clip-on needs a very low base mag scope to be able to properly see the whole display screen. And the extra day scope attachments that you have to buy separately to fit on smaller or larger scopes (it comes with one that fits +/- 50mm) are pretty damn expensive. I could have bought a $250 each extra couple day scope adapters for different size objectives, to test it on my LPVO's, but I'm not.

@FuhQ - can you share a photo of the unit mounted on the rifle? Does it literally just clip on to the bell of the scope or are you mounted in front of it? AGMs website is lacking in details/photos of it mounted.
I already took it all apart, put it all back in the packaging, and emailed the company I bought it from about sending it back for refund/swap/store credit towards something else.

You mount the big day scope adapter to the main scope. Then you put your clip-on unit into that, and it twist-locks into place, and then you tighten the collar ring to keep it tightly in place. From there, if you plan on only using it on 1 rifle/scope, then you just leave the day scope adapter on the big scope, and just quickly remove and reinstall the clip-on when you want to use it.

Here's a few pics I snagged off Google to show you how they work with the day scope... You have 2 mounting options, you can use the QD mount and mount it to a NV bridge (pic rail) on your stock or chassis... Or you can use the day-scope adapter, and mount it on your scope. The first is self-explanatory, but here's a few pics on how it mounts on your scope...

The big ring with the lever on it, is the Day Scope Front Adapter. This is what the clip-on unit "clicks" into, the grooved ring in front of the word "lock" is what tightens down to hold it on there from moving.

agm_3142556005rc61_rattler_tc35_640_thermal_imaging_1716894.jpg
AGM-Rattler-TC-05-940x740_1024x.png.jpeg

Reactions: waspocrew
I already took it all apart, put it all back in the packaging, and emailed the company I bought it from about sending it back for refund/swap/store credit towards something else.

You mount the big day scope adapter to the main scope. Then you put your clip-on unit into that, and it twist-locks into place, and then you tighten the collar ring to keep it tightly in place. From there, if you plan on only using it on 1 rifle/scope, then you just leave the day scope adapter on the big scope, and just quickly remove and reinstall the clip-on when you want to use it.

Here's a few pics I snagged off Google to show you how they work with the day scope... You have 2 mounting options, you can use the QD mount and mount it to a NV bridge (pic rail) on your stock or chassis... Or you can use the day-scope adapter, and mount it on your scope. The first is self-explanatory, but here's a few pics on how it mounts on your scope...

The big ring with the lever on it, is the Day Scope Front Adapter. This is what the clip-on unit "clicks" into, the grooved ring in front of the word "lock" is what tightens down to hold it on there from moving.

View attachment 8351580View attachment 8351581

Thanks for posting those! That really puts the scope out there.... I can see the appeal of using a clip on for multiple rifles, but as you've stated, multiple mounts can add up.

I'm definitely still considering the regular Neith for a possible back up rifle/loaner for friends.

Thanks for posting those! That really puts the scope out there.... I can see the appeal of using a clip on for multiple rifles, but as you've stated, multiple mounts can add up.

I'm definitely still considering the regular Neith for a possible back up rifle/loaner for friends.
I'd definitely spend the extra $200 and get the new Neith LRF model. Midway is showing them in stock now. 👍🏼

Reactions: waspocrew
@FuhQ
For yote hunting within 400 yards what would you recommend the
Neith you just linked or one of these.

IMG_5535.png

Thank you for your great write up.

Also do you think you can safely ID a yote from a small deer at distance with all of these?

@FuhQ
For yote hunting within 400 yards what would you recommend the
Neith you just linked or one of these.

View attachment 8351834

Thank you for your great write up.

Also do you think you can safely ID a yote from a small deer at distance with all of these?
I would recommend the Neith LRF over the non-LRF model. That $200 is worth it to have an immediate LRF feature on demand.

That said, thermal vs. NV is kind of a long-term debate. That is a smoking price on the TS35-384, so I can't tell you which way you should go. I will say this, if you were comparing the sales price of the Rattler TS35-640 on EuroOptic's website at $2664, then I would definitely go that route over the Neith. But, if you are wanting to really be able to identify your target at a couple hundred yards, the Neith with a really good long range 850nm IR light (like the AGM Sioux 850) is also a really solid combo.

But, if you are willing to jump up ($$$) to a 640 thermal, like the Rattler TS35-640 while it's on sale, there is no looking back.

Reactions: CaptArab
Another +1 for the AGM Neith. I bought mine before the LRF was available but it’s by far my favorite digital scope. I have a sightmark wraith that for some reason bricked and won’t turn on. ATN thermals are trash or at least in my experience. I have an ATN X-sight pro 4K that is decent but it’s bulky and heavy compared to the Neith. Another thing about the Neith that I like is the similarities to my Rattler. If you can work a Rattler, the Neith is pretty much the same with zeroing etc. I have the Neith on a 12.5” 6.5 Grendel and the Rattler on a 20” Grendel. Both are dead on at 100. I’m debating on another Neith with the LRF for the 12.5” and slap the standard on a .300BO. Regardless, these are my new favorite scopes.