• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New AI rifles...what do you think...will they set a new trend, follow some others???

I want to see whats replacing the aw. Frank lowlight where are you. Come on down sir and join the party.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a direct replacement. The AT has been upgraded to an AW style action, and the AX series is the next step up.

Yah that's what I'm kinda putting together in my head. It's i think now AT,AXMC,AXPSR. But I guess we will no soon enough.

It's going to be a serious shame though, if the AI pricing basically begins at $5k now, instead of $3k for a bare-bones AE MkIII.

The new ax338 is configurable to 300wm and 308 according to the press release. Its basically the psr, except you buy the bolt+barrel seperately.

Unless I missed it was there any mention of barrels being available in 6.5 CM, 260 etc. I also don't know why these are only available through AINA and not everywhere else, ie Canada and other countries.

The new ax338 is configurable to 300wm and 308 according to the press release. Its basically the psr, except you buy the bolt+barrel seperately.

Correct.....and I'm sure those of us who bought the PSR are interested to see what you can build a like configuration for with the new AXMC338.

From the videos, the AX338MC is LACKING the hole in the receiver to allow the use of the magazine block to utilize short actions calibers.

How it breaks down is
AX long action can run anything from a long 300 or 338 mag (both double stack now!).

AX short action may have a user changeable bolt head so anything from a short action bolt face.

The PSR is likely the only one that truly will be able to run 308, 338 etc.

Also the 30mm shank PSR 308 barrels only work in a PSR.....

This is my impression.

Matt I just checked my PSR, the black spot on the right side of the magwell towards the rear this the takedown button for S/A adapter. So it looks like the AX338MC is the PSR chassis to me.

I had a hard time seeing the spot in the video of the AAX338MC, I'll look again.

If it is there then essentially they are just selling a PSR rifle alone, the only question is will the AX338MC have a 30mm shank or not.....

I have just read the spec sheet in AI's website. The AXMC pretty much is the PSR. With a stand alone AX.308 still available. However I have seen no literature reporting on any update to the AX.308 will it have the right folding updated stock and quick lock system? That's all I am interested in.

Its my understanding this lineup is what will be made from here out. I forgot to ask Scott when I was down at AI last week. No more AX and no more AE or AW. I could be wrong but that's my impression.

Actually looking at 8k for the rifle plus $800 per barrel and $200 a brake, the mags, cases etc, it all adds up. Also they have a legit PSR kit. Collectors value versus something someone threw together.

Sad to say you probably lost a few grand... 4-5k would be my guesstimate

I doubt that.

I'd expect the AX338 to be no less than 7k or 8k with 338lm kit... Spare barrels minus Brake or the boltface or mag are 850 alone. PSR probably lost 2k.....doubtful its 4-5k.

I will say this.....anyone who gets the AX338MC and doesn't pony up for the 308 kit is a fool. It runs like butter, AI did it right in their thinking for the multicaliber setup. Instead of taking the retard approach and adapting 1 mag with block plates to run from .308 up to 338lm. They went with mags specced' to each caliber with the adapter housing for the 308 mags. They fucking run!

Last edited:
Well good news is that my mark 3 ae's just got a slight bump in value as nothing is out there for $3.5K, bad news is that my AX and AW just took a big hit unless AI has some higher prices on the way.

Sad to say you probably lost a few grand... 4-5k would be my guesstimate

Doubt it as the psr is a complete limited edition kit with a differently marked receiver ( "psr" instead of "ax338"). With such an easy way to differentiate the two + rarity, there will always be some collector whose interested in such things

Question... So, looking at the new AXMC rifles and to those with a PSR, would it be possible to convert an existing AX to this type of switch barrel? Is the 4mm screw just a set screw that locks against the barrel? If that is the case then why couldn't an AX be converted?

Well good news is that my mark 3 ae's just got a slight bump in value as nothing is out there for $3.5K, bad news is that my AX and AW just took a big hit unless AI has some higher prices on the way.

The base model AT is supposed to start at $3,550. Start adding options / caliber other than .308, and I'm sure you'll be close to $5,000 in a hurry, though.

As much as I would like to agree with you, for my own gain...I think ALL previous AI owners got shafted on the new pricing.

If the new base AT308 rifle is $3550, with the bonded AW action, using double stack mags, adjustable trigger, front rail...the old AE's price just went in the shitter.

Last edited:
Question... So, looking at the new AXMC rifles and to those with a PSR, would it be possible to convert an existing AX to this type of switch barrel? Is the 4mm screw just a set screw that locks against the barrel? If that is the case then why couldn't an AX be converted?

LOL....They've said in the past NO about this......though if you want to drill your AX to try it....have at it.

Great upgrades! The AT is going to be huge. You're now getting the AW basically for the price of the AE. I can see a lot of these flying off the shelves. Looks like AI will deliver exactly what I hoped they would. Kudos all the way around!

I doubt that.

I'd expect the AX338 to be no less than 7k or 8k with 338lm kit... Spare barrels minus Brake or the boltface or mag are 850 alone. PSR probably lost 2k.....doubtful its 4-5k.

I will say this.....anyone who gets the AX338MC and doesn't pony up for the 308 kit is a fool. It runs like butter, AI did it right in their thinking for the multicaliber setup. Instead of taking the retard approach and adapting 1 mag with block plates to run from .308 up to 338lm. They went with mags specced' to each caliber with the adapter housing for the 308 mags. They fucking run!

I was a bit low on the AX338 pricing (EU prices in my mind), you're right.

I'm considering ordering the 300wm + 308, if I manage to sell my AE. Otherwise, i might have to save up a bit.

The action is bonded and costs about $300 to have it removed. Then you would have to machine a slot in the bottom to allow the cross bolt to squeeze the action around the tenon. After all said and done its cheaper to sell yours and buy new or just buy the wrench, vise and torque wrench and change your own.

As much as I would like to agree with you, for my own gain...I think ALL previous AI owners got shafted on the new pricing.

If the new base AT308 rifle is $3550, with the bonded AW action, using double stack mags, adjustable trigger, front rail...the old AE's price just went in the shitter.

I'm not holding my breath on this one. At that price, it's got to be zero upgrades...so 24" plain muzzle, fixed stock, no rail segments, no buttspike, nothing. The primary differences would be the action design (and a decade of real-world use of the AE has shown there not to be any loss of accuracy there), the magazine type, QD sling points, and the trigger pack. On the negative side, if the receiver rail is indeed integral to the action, that means there's no longer the option of putting a 20 MOA base onto the rifle.

It strikes me as highly surprising that AI would essentially revamp the AW, and then turn around and drop almost $2k off of the price point. Not that I think it's a bad thing, but if that $3550 price is indeed MSRP for a base model AT, then it represents a significant drop in price against legacy AWs.

Quite honestly, I don't care about getting shafted as a previous owner. I don't buy my precision rifles as a form of commodity investment, I buy them to shoot the shit out of them. If this means that an eventual replacement or addition to the collection is going to cost me thousands of dollars less, for better quality, I can't see any downsides.

We now have current pricing on the new 2014 Rifles from AI. Please go to Accuracy International - AI Rifle Systems - 2014 Accuracy International Rifles - Mile High Shooting Accessories

Note there was a release showing the base price for the AT at $3550.00. That is an incorrect price. The base price for the AT’s is $3823.00 for a plain barrel system. Folding stocks are available for an additional $422.00

We will continue to offer Snipers Hide Members an additional 5% off of AI’s list price. Please call for details on all of AI’s new rifle systems!

Where are the pictures? Want to see more of the AXMC:)
If the price is higher than than the pre 2014 AX's, it will be a deal breaker for me:(

We now have current pricing on the new 2014 Rifles from AI. Please go to Accuracy International - AI Rifle Systems - 2014 Accuracy International Rifles - Mile High Shooting Accessories

Note there was a release showing the base price for the AT at $3550.00. That is an incorrect price. The base price for the AT’s is $3823.00 for a plain barrel system. Folding stocks are available for an additional $422.00

We will continue to offer Snipers Hide Members an additional 5% off of AI’s list price. Please call for details on all of AI’s new rifle systems!

So $3631 plus shipping, tax, etc becomes base pricing for the AT...for all purposes essentially the same as that rumored figure.

The 20 MOA rail built in negates the need to buy aftermarket.

Interesting indeed...

How soon until they ship?

Milehigh

I just called milehigh they said they had no idea on any information for the new AI rifles. I talked to
David Buick. What's the problem here.

I'm Dave, and I just posted that info, I'd say give me a call and we'll get it straightened out...

What info did you need. We have pricing, We have specs, we have listings on accessories, etc

Last edited:
Awesome he just called me. That's a straight up good man. I guess we mis understood each other on the first call. I got the info I needed. Milehigh is good to go. Thanks again Dave.

thats what most people figured.

so AT with threaded barrel and a few rails about $4000 and $4500 for folder. Makes much more sense now. Still kills AW values and i bet people who just ordered PSR's are pretty butthurt right about now..

so AT with threaded barrel and a few rails about $4000 and $4500 for folder. Makes much more sense now. Still kills AW values and i bet people who just ordered PSR's are pretty butthurt right about now..

As a PSR owner....not really. It does mean the draw on the weird template barrels is going to fucking suck though.

Actually, I've heard that the $4500 is without the barrel...There are quite a few posts here (in the other thread) that indicate the barrels are about $2k.

So, realistically, if that's true, the entire gun, take the 338 for example, would be about 6500...Which would be ballpark with the PSR.

Actually, I've heard that the $4500 is without the barrel...There are quite a few posts here (in the other thread) that indicate the barrels are about $2k.

So, realistically, if that's true, the entire gun, take the 338 for example, would be about 6500...Which would be ballpark with the PSR.

What are you talking about. The PSR was a package buy. PSR, with multiple barrels, case, etc....it sold for just under $20k Also since when have you known an AI to be sold without a barrel.....

No where near the same.

Didn't you read the price quote from MileHigh a few posts up? And it's been stated in other threads. The price is 3.8k for a plain barrel non folder.

A rifle barrel for 2,000? That would be ridiculous, where are you getting this info from?

What do you mean you heard? It came from Mile High above a "plain barrel" price and a folder option. That is not $4500 and an additional 2,000 for a barrel. Also, doesn't look like they have .338 ATs.