• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Aimpoint Duty RDS

DeathBeforeDismount

Midpack Mafia
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2021
IN YOUR HEAD
Looks like we are getting a micro under $500 finally. Should complement the PRO well.

1e60ad5cd0d4dece40fff6e4c2264f14.jpg

f9c872ac95732a03c541ef56c225ce07.jpg

909d1a8746abc5c22b1c1caf8a37eae4.jpg

Brightness adjustment while running offset should be interesting. Great to see them coming out with a more cost-effective solution though.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Well the MRO is a piece of shit. At one time I had almost a dozen of them. Sold them all and went back to AP.

No one really knows how it will compare since its new.

-Does it use the same glass?
- Is it 2 or 4 MOA?
-Is it NV capable?
- Does it have any astigmitism mitigating tech?
-Does it use the same mount footprint as H/T?

Well the MRO is a piece of shit. At one time I had almost a dozen of them. Sold them all and went back to AP.

- Is it 2 or 4 MOA?
-Is it NV capable?

Per the product page, 2 MOA and compatible with all generations of NV. Given that they describe the mount as "Duty RDS™ 39 mm One-piece TNP Mount & Spacer" but the T2 mount as "Micro™ Standard Mount for Weaver / Picatinny" I am guessing it's not the same mounting pattern.

Reactions: Terry Cross

Same. MRO's are the worst.

Still have 1 legit Aimpoint T2, but have gone to a couple of the Holosun 403R's (+ ~$1400). I don't need an $800 red dot on everything.

The 403R's are actually fine for fun guns, but I'll replace them with ~$400ish Aimpoints if they end up being solid.

Reactions: Texascbr
Per the product page, 2 MOA and compatible with all generations of NV. Given that they describe the mount as "Duty RDS™ 39 mm One-piece TNP Mount & Spacer" but the T2 mount as "Micro™ Standard Mount for Weaver / Picatinny" I am guessing it's not the same mounting pattern.
I’m suspecting it’s micro footprint but the base and riser are forged into the optic body similar to the M5S.

Interested in this for a Xbow if the spacer can be removed to sit lower on a pic rail.

- Is it 2 or 4 MOA?
-Is it NV capable?

The glass is the big question for me. There's a significant difference between the pro and t2 at night. If it has t2 glass I'll get one but if it's pro glass not so much.

Reactions: Frank_Castle
No. But I’m not into it’s design…hence I’m not impressed.

Outside of being a red dot…what else does it offer…nothing exceptional.

It’s a red dot…to my eyes…Holosun has better LED diode than AP…meaning a more crisp dot.

Hopefully it will be better than a MRO…which shouldn’t be hard…

In my opinion, AP needs a $299 optic that doesn’t use 1/3N batteries…

Knowing that holosun is nothing more than a nameplate invented by the CCP Chinese Communist Party funded and controlled Huanic corporation, and knowing that the CCP- at a minimum- intentionally allowed the Kung Flu to escape China- anyone who'll still even consider buying HS is a traitor. I put traitors on my I.L.

One would have to be an ineducable fool to think western nations can compete on price with HS and their CCP slave labor, slave wages, and "manipulation of their currency to always be at an advantage against western nations". So that would mean potential HS buyers are against their fellow western citizens, too.

China is wreaking havoc economically on the western world- they won't need to use violence against us.

Wake the F up.

Knowing that holosun is nothing more than a nameplate invented by the CCP Chinese Communist Party funded and controlled Huanic corporation, and knowing that the CCP- at a minimum- intentionally allowed the Kung Flu to escape China- anyone who'll still even consider buying HS is a traitor. I put traitors on my I.L.

One would have to be an ineducable fool to think western nations can compete on price with HS and their CCP slave labor, slave wages, and "manipulation of their currency to always be at an advantage against western nations". So that would mean potential HS buyers are against their fellow western citizens, too.

China is wreaking havoc economically on the western world- they won't need to use violence against us.

Wake the F up.
Cool bro. Go get rid of all your CCP products. Yeah. Stop your white knighting…

Fact is…you probably allow more CCP surveillance into your life than me through idiotic apps or social media trickery than you want to acknowledge.

You white knight within this industry yet in your every day life you have so much CCP products and software around you than you want to acknowledge or just too dumb to realize what you are actually feeding the CCP AI machine…

Do I like the CCP…heck no…but this white knighting has got to stop when you probably have 80% if not more Chinese made products in your household…you can make a difference by buying ALL AMERICAN products. Still possible…but you won’t…but it is nice to put down others on the internet and make you feel all macho patriot American doesn’t it?

Last edited:
There is a massive difference between not having a choice and having a choice. There are many things you don't have a choice but to use Chicom shit. It sucks but if you want to live in a modern world thats the game. Hopefully we move away from this as time goes on, but who knows with the traitors in charge.

However when you have a choice, and you choose chicom that is on you. You are saying you are supporting the CCP at the expense of American and Partner nations who have supplied our armed forces and civilians for decades.

Even Moreso with anything defense/arms related where your dollars are going directly to fund CCP weapons programs and help them bridge the Gap with western tech.

The American or Western ally who one day is going to be in the reticle of the chicom optic you helped fund and R&D thanks you for your cervix.

These fucking holosun fanbois are hilarious. You are not impressed? Does it need to suck your dick too?

They must love feeding the Chicom Military Industrial Complex.

This is a slam dunk RDS assuming everything checks out, which knowing AP, it will.
CCP fanboiz thinking chinese 'solar backup' is reliable and durable enough for duty rated optics! Hahahahhaaaa

a-fatal-error-has-occurred-you-ok-indubitably-7216936.png

As a Gen X'er I'm saddened, disgusted, and angry that weak minded Americans who are supposedly part of the ONE community that is considered the most patriotic and sacrosanct- the 2nd Amendment/shooting community- would even consider buying fully CCP products like Holoson and Olite.

The one industry we need to protect the most from the CCP is the shooting related industry and thanks to short-sighted, cheap, selfish fools we can't even do that.

Here's a clue- if you aren't willing or capable of rejecting shooting related products from CCP companies- don't even mention chinese made stuff from other industries!

There is a massive difference between not having a choice and having a choice. There are many things you don't have a choice but to use Chicom shit. It sucks but if you want to live in a modern world thats the game. Hopefully we move away from this as time goes on, but who knows with the traitors in charge.

However when you have a choice, and you choose chicom that is on you. You are saying you are supporting the CCP at the expense of American and Partner nations who have supplied our armed forces and civilians for decades.

Even Moreso with anything defense/arms related where your dollars are going directly to fund CCP weapons programs and help them bridge the Gap with western tech.

The American or Western ally who one day is going to be in the reticle of the chicom optic you helped fund and R&D thanks you for your cervix.
False...you have a choice to buy Chicom or not in your everyday life...we all do...even down to the furniture in your home...but you fail to see it.

Thanks to you and participating in funding CCPs biggest weapon against us by using their free apps and games...watching their movies...etc...

Come on man...

As a Gen X'er I'm saddened, disgusted, and angry that weak minded Americans who are supposedly part of the ONE community that is considered the most patriotic and sacrosanct- the 2nd Amendment/shooting community- would even consider buying fully CCP products like Holoson and Olite.

The one industry we need to protect the most from the CCP is the shooting related industry and thanks to short-sighted, cheap, selfish fools we can't even do that.

Here's a clue- if you aren't willing or capable of rejecting shooting related products from CCP companies- don't even mention chinese made stuff from other industries!
You have no problem buying CCP products outside of this community though...be realistic here...EVERY SINGLE DOLLAR...regardless of which industry it comes from feeds the CCP machine...so as much as you want to call people unpatriotic because of buying a holosun optic...you need to take a good look in the mirror and see how you are supporting the CCP...I would greatly bet that you support the CCP more than I...

False...you have a choice to buy Chicom or not in your everyday life...we all do...even down to the furniture in your home...but you fail to see it.

Thanks to you and participating in funding CCPs biggest weapon against us by using their free apps and games...watching their movies...etc...

Come on man...
Furniture in my Home is Made in the US

Who said I used Free apps, play their games or watch their movies?

You are just making shit up as a justification for YOUR choices to support the CCP.

Furniture in my Home is Made in the US

Who said I used Free apps, play their games or watch their movies?

You are just making shit up as a justification for YOUR choices to support the CC
Sure...

I support the CCP at a good rate lower than most Americans with my dollars...but all the sudden because I own some Holosun optics I am called unpatriotic is just stupid...so many whiteknight here that it becomes a cesspool of stupid when they don't factor in actually how bad they support the CCP through their everyday actions and lives...

But lets focus on CCP owned products in this industry inside my household...it accounts for .6% in value!...yet somehow because I own that 0.6% I am an unpatriotic scum by some of you uberpatriotischen kommandeure...get out of here...

Last edited:
Sure...

I support the CCP at a good rate lower than most Americans with my dollars...but all the sudden because I own some Holosun optics I am called unpatriotic is just stupid...so many whiteknight here that it becomes a cesspool of stupid when they don't factor in actually how bad they support the CCP through their everyday actions and lives...

But lets focus on CCP owned products in this industry inside my household...it accounts for .6% in value!...yet somehow because I own that 0.6% I am an unpatriotic scum by some of you uberpatriotischen attitude...get out of here...
I never called you unpatriotic or stupid. Those are your words.

You decided to come into an Aimpoint product thread, stir some shit and then talk about how you like your CCP products.

I never called you unpatriotic or stupid. Those are your words.

You decided to come into an Aimpoint product thread, stir some shit and then talk about how you like your CCP products.
LOL...your reading comprehension sucks...

I simply stated that I am not impressed by the new AP (I can have an opinion as someone that owns/owned many AP products)...then I stated to MY eye the Holosun diode is more crisp than an AP...than you and the others went on a CCP fest...

I'll be picking one up to replace the decades old CompC riding on my carbine

I do wish it was available with a 4 MOA dot option. I freaking love the 4 MOA dot on my CompC and the old M68 CCO. Super sharp and crisp edges.

The CCP fanboiz have the same sort of mental block we see with Left wingers- no amount of logic and reasoning can penetrate.

Reactions: bforney1984
The CCP fanboiz have the same sort of mental block we see with Left wingers- no amount of logic and reasoning can penetrate.
Ok super patriot...I bet you also saw Trump never making a mistake...

Come on man...seriously...now you are calling some that own Holosun products as having a mental capacity of a Left winger?!?

Grow up.

Last edited:
How do you feel about Aimpoint using Haenel rifles in their latest marketing media for the Duty RDS? Haenel is owned by Caracal of the UAE...

What else would they call it.

Its the Micro version of their Patrol Rifle Optic, marketed to LE and customers who want something they can trust their lives to but won't break the bank.

A micro red dot?

Trust your life to, don’t break the bank? Sounds like the life isn’t worth too much

Besides, outside of park rangers around big animals they really shouldn’t even have rifles, based on how the LE industry has acted especially during covid I’d be ok with them being disarmed outside of maybe a whistle, and after 5 years of service and major training maybe a small can of mace.

Really when you’re mostly going after traffic tickets and covid violations I don’t see the need for much more.

The public on the other hand I can see needing to promote more private citizens to carry, as they are victimized quite a bit and the police have no duty/desire to protect them.

Last edited:
This thread won’t to shit in short fashion.

Per the pics looks like the base is changeable. Probably be some time before there is widespread support for mount options , if it catches on.

Reactions: iOdysseus
A micro red dot?

Trust your life to, don’t break the bank? Sounds like the life isn’t worth too much

Besides, outside of park rangers around big animals they really shouldn’t even have rifles, based on how the LE industry has acted especially during covid I’d be ok with them being disarmed outside of maybe a whistle, and after 5 years of service and major training maybe a small can of mace.

Really when you’re mostly going after traffic tickets and covid violations I don’t see the need for much more.

The public on the other hand I can see needing to promote more private citizens to carry, as they are victimized quite a bit and the police have no duty/desire to protect them.

I thought I was the worst thread crapper here.

I stand corrected

This thread won’t to shit in short fashion.

Per the pics looks like the base is changeable. Probably be some time before there is widespread support for mount options , if it catches on.
I saw a screen shot of a page from the user manual at pistol-forum.com that showed the optic separated from the base. The interface looked identical to the Micro.

I would shocked if it's different.

Umm.. this is still a firearms forum, errr not a politics forum right..?

I'm just here for the "Aimpoint's got a new red dot coming out that's not 800 bucks" stuff... not the "your CCP-loving ass ain't 'Merica enough" stuff, and/or the "defund the police sovereign/Antifa-wannabe identity crisis" stuff thanks.

I've been slowly trying to get away from Chinese-made optics as well, but some of the hyperbole on this board is crazy.

The word I saw from a guy with a T&E copy of the Duty RDS is that it uses the same mounting pattern as the Micro, but sits higher (like, an AP Micro co-witness base would put this at lower 1/3). That will impact some uses (such as low-height mounting on certain rifles and pistols), but for the AR crowd, should not pose a huge impediment. New height spacers are not too hard to make, really.

I think the Duty RDS (or as I call it "Micro P2") is going to sell really well. The PRO is too big and heavy. This optic is priced comparatively, but ditches some of the bulk. As long as the glass and brightness more or less hold up, it'll be a winner. I may even buy one eventually. I do think Aimpoint will need to broaden their feature set eventually - the BDC reticle reflex sights made for magnifiers are awesome - but there's certainly a huge market for "I need a solid, quality red dot for my rifle with good battery life under $400".

I still like the Pro and legacy aimpoints. Yea they are big but you get a much more forgiving eyebox shooting with movement and uncomfortable positions. Shooting heads up on the move with a nice big FOV nice.

The other reason I can buy 2 or 3 used Pro/M2's for the price of 1 T2. I have alot of guns to outfit and I would need over 20K in T2's.

The new Duty RDS looks like its going to change that.

Thoughts, is this accurate from anyone's experience? 7ish month and such a blue hue seems like a big miss for a $500 optic from aimpoint, also those buttons look annoying. Anyone have any hands on experience to rebuff or support this? Again this is not necessarily a negative review if you watch it, just exposing some potential issues, wondering if anyone else's experience jives or is this the new "go to budget" red dot?

I wouldn't be surprised if the blue has been faked to up the view count. Anything for clicks seems to be the new norm.

Reactions: Frank_Castle