• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report New Ammunition - Precision High Vel and Subsonic

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
I stopped by AWC and was able to get a first glimpse of their new ammunitions line-up. AWC had been asked by a number of organizations to supply specialty ammunition since the 80's. With their new .338 and .50 can (Navy) they finally agreed. The line-up includes a broad and deep line-up in match grade precision and suppressor enhanced cartridges. It was made pretty clear that the driver was high precision, full velocity rounds first and then high precision sub-sonics. Typical is the new .338 Lapua line in factory Lapua brass, loaded up with Sierra Matchkings. All in all, there are twenty Three (23) different cartridges in eight (8) calibers. I am looking forward to seeing how their efforts pan out. What I saw looks excellent. I'll know a lot more after this weekend.

AWC-ammo.jpg

432X.jpg

Re: New Ammunition Source -

How are their prices...

What type of loads are they doing for Match .308?

Thanks
Matt.

I have no pricing information yet.

But I do have .308 specs as that is why I stopped by.

308-1003 170 Flat Point - 308 Sub-Sonic
308-1004 168 Match - Hrndy AMAX w/ Poly Tip
308-1009 168 Sierra Matchking - BTHP
308-1011 175 Sierra Matchking - BTHP

RollingThunder,

Keep me in mind when the 175 Matchkings hit...

I am INTERESTED!!

Also... if you find out let me know if they do Officer/LEO pricing... I may be in for a case or two..

Matt.

Is there any idea when it will be on the market.