• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New ANNEX DEFENSE Atlas and Magpul Bipod Lock Upgrades - Ratchet Lock and LockDown Levers - BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNT

Got mine installed yesterday. My PSR is an early 5 tit knob, but got the lever to fit. Works great and I really like the design.

Damn it. More money to spend. I'll have to order one this weekend. Looks fantastic, cant wait to try it out.

Got my rails delivered and installed yesterday. Very nice. Thanks for the discount!

I just got mine. I agree, it is very nice. I'll definitely order a couple more as I get more bipods.

Received mine today. Two thoughts come to mind. Why didn't B&T think of this... and what size hex bit do I need!

This product is great and is a great addition to the B&T Atlas Bipods! It makes the bipods 10 times easier to use...

But you really should add the hex bit bit to the instructions so that idiots like me don't have go digging thru the tool box for the correct size...

Thanks for taking a chance and bringing a truly valuable part to the market.
Screw that. We’ve all got PILES of cheap-o Allen wrenches in a garage drawer from EVERY firearm accessory ever purchased. Keep the cost down and carry on Defy.

Out of curiosity, @Defy Gear ...what might the new company name be? Saw the note in my delivery advising ongoing litigation and likely a resulting corporate name change.

'Why didn't B&T think of this... "
Funny you should ask. We intentionally limited the available leverage (knob rather than lever) means to add tension so the end user would not break the internal mechanism. If anyone believes B&T can't make a Levered Tensioner, then you have misjudged us.

This is now the third "lever" offered to "fix" the Atlas, the first, made by Victor company, the owner reached out to us and told us about the concept we offered some suggestions that were accommodated. I personally, sincerely appreciated this approach to business as it was the same approach I took with MR Harris of Harris bipod, when trying to sell the Atlas concept. The next guy, shared his "novel" design asked us about it then proceeded to ignore most of our suggestions. We are hearing/seeing this here for the first time. Obviously, we cannot stop anyone from making "accessories" for our products, nor do we want to, in fact, we are flattered by it, we simply want to consider how any accessory will impact our product and more importantly, our warranty.

We offer a no BS lifetime warranty on our products, you break it, tell us how, we rebuild it NO COST. HOWEVER, adding any such device as the one being shown here voids this warranty. (it is amazing how such policies evolve based on changing dynamics... maybe we just go to the standard 30 day warranty and stop the bleeding??)

Last, as this thread kind of involves the Atlas bipods, I'll take the liberty to let you guys know we are doing some changes on the V8 and PSR lines that will resolve the tension issue. It was to be a SHOT intro deal but as 2020 has steamrolled us on every front, it's been a slow roll for new or improved stuff.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Kasey thanks fro the input . Your products rock .
I have a few of them . 4 cals, 2 V8s ,and a couple rails. All my rifles wear your bipods. (y)
For me this wasnt a fix to an atlas bipod issue. It was a fix to my arthritis issue.
I didnt buy one to tighten my bipod rather i got one to loosen my bipod.
Now i loosen it and set it up up on my uneven shooting surface then i lock it back down to the initial tension.
I have my lever set so it cant tighten over stock tension . Its set to hit the leg when tight which is stock tension on mine.
I fully understand and support your stand on warranty .
Keep up the great work on the USA made products and i will look forward to the news on the V8/ PSR changes ..

Reactions: Kasey
Hi, and thanks to everyone that ordered. As most of you probably are aware, USPS is running about 3-5 business days late in addition to their 3 day timeline they originally stated, so keep an eye on those tracking numbers. A few of your have reached out, in the event that your package is lost we'll replace them and ship with a different carrier.

Kasey, you make a bipod that has fantastic attributes and we're glad to hear that you're updating it to reflect user feedback that you've gotten.

For everyone that has an older model V8 or PSR bipod, our feedback from users in a duty environment has been overwhelmingly positive with no known issues or breakages.

If you purchased one of our levers and manage to break your Atlas bipod and Kasey refuses to fix it, please reach out to us and we'll repair it at our expense.

Drop me a PM with your order number and I'll get you a refund as if you'd used it.
Hey guys,

The staff here at DEFY are proud to announce some new additions to our lineup that we think you'll like; some performance / ergonomic upgrades for the Atlas V8 and PSR series bipods and as well as the Magpul MOE series bipods.

Hopefully you guys can take a break from the concrete plant and your benchpress regimen to check them out, we think they're a pretty solid addition to two already great bipods.

The DEFY LockDown Lever for the Atlas V8 / PSR bipods is very similar to a scope throw lever; it simply clamps over the factory knob after you've got it adjusted to where a ~90° / quarter-turn on the factory knob goes from somewhat loose (able to make cant adjustments to the rifle) to locked up tight:

Atlas_Amz3__84657.1602445560.jpg

Atlas_Amz2__52820.1602445560.jpg

These are an inexpensive upgrade ($29.95) that breathe new life into an already outstanding product.

Our other new product is the the Ratchet Bipod Lock upgrade for the Magpul MOE series bipods:

Defy_Bipod_Lock_-_Magpul_-_Black_-_Main_Product_Photo_RevA__17866.1606260489.jpg

Defy_Bipod_Lock_-_Magpul_-_Black_-_2__76597.1606260490.jpg

As a thanks to @lowlight and the SnipersHide community, we're currently offering 20% off and free shipping to all customers that enter "SNIPERSHIDE" at checkout. Everything on the site (that isn't marked as pre-order) is in stock and ships within 24 hours.

my order has not arrived ordered on dec. 2nd, can you please look into this
Thanks

Thanks

The USPS Regional Distribution centers are almost at a complete standstill. I ordered just after you and I haven't gotten mine either. You should have gotten tracking info emailed to you which will give you just as much info as @Defy Gear can provide. I have several packages that were shipped from all over the US that have been tied up in the USPS system for the past 2-3 weeks. They are saying it is due to a huge increase of volume coming through while staffing has been minimal due to COVID. Not much you can do other than be patient.

Thanks
The USPS Regional Distribution centers are almost at a complete standstill. I ordered just after you and I haven't gotten mine either. You should have gotten tracking info emailed to you which will give you just as much info as @Defy Gear can provide. I have several packages that were shipped from all over the US that have been tied up in the USPS system for the past 2-3 weeks. They are saying it is due to a huge increase of volume coming through while staffing has been minimal due to COVID. Not much you can do other than be patient.

Thank you for replying, you nailed it.

We have been in conversation with our local postmaster and their distribution hub; your package is not lost, just extremely delayed due to USPS labor shortage, COVID restriction and the extreme volume of packages from Amazon & increased online ordering.

USPS best estimate for delivery is ~12-20 days from pickup to dropoff. I profoundly apologize for the delay as we would not have used USPS if we'd known they would be delayed to this extent. Unfortunately, after checking with UPS and FedEx, Ground shipping is running 7-10 days (depending on distance from Phoenix); meaning that your USPS package will arrive before any replacement that we would ship you.

The team here at DEFY apologizes for the delay. If your package still is undelivered after the 12-20 day timeline USPS has provided us, we will of course replace the product. If this delay is placing undue financial hardship on you or your family, please reply to this message and we'll see what we can do to help. Lastly, if you choose to order from us again once delivery timelines have normalized, please contact us and we'll help you out with free shipping and a discount on your order to make up for this delay.

Thanks for your patience and happy holidays.

Reactions: RandomWAguy
Is there a trick to get the lever to stay locked in the engagements when loosening or tightening it? Every time I try to loosen or tighten the lever on my Magpul bipod the lever pops out of the teeth and then spins into the leg.

Is there a trick to get the lever to stay locked in the engagements when loosening or tightening it? Every time I try to loosen or tighten the lever on my Magpul bipod the lever pops out of the teeth and then spins into the leg.

Hey there, I somehow missed this post with the holiday craziness and dealing with the flaming wreck that is USPS.

We've found these help:

1) Make sure your cone spring is correctly installed and seated in the grove on the lever arm
2) Try to use the lever in whatever position allows you to exert force on the lever from side to side when trying to tighten / loosen, and do your best not to exert any upward or downward pressure on the lever as it can dislodge from the grooves in the knob.

@Defy Gear - Can you guys make a better clamp on Remington 700 bolt knob? Other clamp on knobs like KRG/Ebay ones are either plastic or awkward (and overpriced). I'd think you have way more customers buying that, comparing to Atlas tension knob which seems tricky. Just ordered one tension knob BTW, sweet design and IDC if I mess up my 8 years old Atlas which could never lock tight enough by hand.

USPS...geez!

Defy shipped on December 2. I received my package today by picking it up at the post office.

USPS never updated the tracking from December 3rd.

On Friday I did submit a claim inquiry through USPS and miraculously it appears this week.

Atlas lever and short Arca plate: Well worth the wait and significantly better “feeling” product than I expected. Very well executed.

They shipped my Arca rail on 12/2 and I received it yesterday. Tracking updates stopped on 12/7. :mad:

the product itself looks great, look forward to using it.

They shipped my Arca rail on 12/2 and I received it yesterday. Tracking updates stopped on 12/7. :mad:

the product itself looks great, look forward to using it.

sounds familiar!

Thanks man, just ordered a few arca rails. I wish you guys made a lock lever for the tier one bi-pod that's similar to the atlas lock lever. I know it's not as popular but it's pretty popular in England so maybe you will???

Hi, and thanks to everyone that ordered. As most of you probably are aware, USPS is running about 3-5 business days late in addition to their 3 day timeline they originally stated, so keep an eye on those tracking numbers. A few of your have reached out, in the event that your package is lost we'll replace them and ship with a different carrier.

Kasey, you make a bipod that has fantastic attributes and we're glad to hear that you're updating it to reflect user feedback that you've gotten.

For everyone that has an older model V8 or PSR bipod, our feedback from users in a duty environment has been overwhelmingly positive with no known issues or breakages.

If you purchased one of our levers and manage to break your Atlas bipod and Kasey refuses to fix it, please reach out to us and we'll repair it at our expense.

Defy Gear, thank you, I appreciate your observations. For clarity, I stated "We offer a no BS lifetime warranty on our products, you break it, tell us how, we rebuild it NO COST. HOWEVER, adding any such device as the one being shown here voids this warranty. " Meaning if the end user uses any type lever, not just yours, it will void our repair at no cost warranty, but we will repair the broken bipod and charge accordingly. FYI, to date, we've had two bipods come back with stripped 1/4-20 "Initial Nuts" which is what the "Tension Knob" engages and the Tension Knob is what all such "lever" devices "mate" to.

27 days and counting, congrats USPS.

JeffL, took mine 29 days but they finally showed up. Definitely worth the purchase. These are to the Atlas what the podlok is to the Harris. Hopefully yours show up soon! Should we start tracking to see who’s take longest??

Out of everything we shipped, it seems like only one package was permanently lost (thankfully we had enough parts on hand to replace them).

Thinking of doing a sneak peek of our next product (and new brand name) soon and possibly a group buy.

Out of everything we shipped, it seems like only one package was permanently lost (thankfully we had enough parts on hand to replace them).

Thinking of doing a sneak peek of our next product (and new brand name) soon and possibly a group buy.
I’ve been impressed with my ARCA rail!

Last, as this thread kind of involves the Atlas bipods, I'll take the liberty to let you guys know we are doing some changes on the V8 and PSR lines that will resolve the tension issue. It was to be a SHOT intro deal but as 2020 has steamrolled us on every front, it's been a slow roll for new or improved stuff.
@Kasey your comment seems to have slipped through unnoticed here, I'm really curious if you have any more information to share on these changes, OR if you have an idea of when B&T will be ready to share more?

I currently use the PSR for shooting matches, and can't wait to see what you guys have come up with. I have another rifle that needs a new bipod, too (y)

Damn, i just saw this thread and have an moe bipod that would be pretty kick ass with one of those levers and an arca adapter..... maybe they are just having server issues.....
I hope so. They make a nice product for a decent price.

Not just their web sight. They were selling on amazon and that's down as well. Sucks Cause They had nice rails & I like the PSR tension lock.

Hopefully @Defy Gear will chime in here?

1619387026328.png

When I received my tension lever, there was paperwork included in the box indicating the company name would likely be changing at some point based on some kind of pending litigation. I asked about the name change above, but they never addressed it. Hopefully they’re just in changeover right now and not run out of business.

These guys still in business? I can’t get their website to load.
Yes, we're here under a different name.

Long story short, a large venture-capital backed firm with a similar name that makes actions felt our name was too close to theirs. Our new site is https://annexdefense.com/ , though some stuff is out of stock as we had to destroy a lot of inventory to comply with their demands. Our ARCA rails will be back in stock in 30-45 days now. I accidentally re-upped my commercial subscription on my old @Defy Gear account yesterday, so I need to get that straightened out with the mods to get the rights assigned to this one.

I noticed that a month ago. The 2 ARCA rails I got from them were fantastic and when I tried to order some more, I got the same website response you got today. @Defy Gear

Back in stock in 30-45 days pending anodizing. If you don't mind blems I can potentially post those up for sale (marked as blems), just wasn't sure how our customers would feel about that.

That sucks. I really like the bipod lever.

We have them back in stock!

Damn, i just saw this thread and have an moe bipod that would be pretty kick ass with one of those levers and an arca adapter..... maybe they are just having server issues.....

We changed everything over to the new name, just haven't done the redirects yet. On the list to get done this week.
I hope so. They make a nice product for a decent price.
:cool:(y)
Not just their web sight. They were selling on amazon and that's down as well. Sucks Cause They had nice rails & I like the PSR tension lock.

Hopefully @Defy Gear will chime in here?

View attachment 7612019

We just ran out of stock. Things might get weird on the Amazon side of things because of the name change, but I have some tricks up my sleeve that should fix it.

Yea I can’t find a website. Doesn’t seem to be working.

When I received my tension lever, there was paperwork included in the box indicating the company name would likely be changing at some point based on some kind of pending litigation. I asked about the name change above, but they never addressed it. Hopefully they’re just in changeover right now and not run out of business.

Thanks for following up, our lawyers recommended we not tip anyone off on the name before filing for new trademarks. And here we are (y)

Seems rather odd that you have to buy an accessory for the atlas bipod to tighten the prs tension knob in the first place. I'm glad that a company has come in to fill the void. Kudos to you, but I would think that the atlas would be designed so that you don't have to buy add ons. Congrats to Annex Defense.

I just orderd one for an atlas Last night of the annex web page.

Last edited:
The Atlas throw lever is a fantastic product that takes a pretty good bipod and makes it really good! I took it to a PRS match and several of my buddies ordered one on the spot. I'm sorry for the mess with the name change. There are a lot of other companies in this industry with similar names and they all seem to get along, sucks that this happened.

What’s the weight on the ultralight arca adapters?

The short rail is 1.3oz without hardware, the long rail is 1.96oz without hardware; the two MLOK nuts and fasteners add 0.22oz collectively (both short and long rails use the same two nuts and corresponding screws).

The Atlas throw lever is a fantastic product that takes a pretty good bipod and makes it really good! I took it to a PRS match and several of my buddies ordered one on the spot. I'm sorry for the mess with the name change. There are a lot of other companies in this industry with similar names and they all seem to get along, sucks that this happened.

Thanks for the kind words, and yeah, the name change thing was / is brutal. I need to take the time to 301 / redirect all the links to the new site when I get a few minutes.

Reactions: CWalker
I picked up 2 black ARCA mlok rails from you guys and love em. Have them on 2 of my rifles, and will be putting them on all of my ARs from here on out. Good quality, cant beat the price. Any plans to come out with more stuff?

@Annex Defense - Any longer rails in the works? I have one of the Annex 4.6" rails and it's nice, but I already pulled it for a 10" rail. I'm typically running 10 - 14" rails on everything.
Also Keymod rails & actual good keymod hardware. The latter alone would sell like crazy. Literally all the keymod hardware available is Chinese garbage accept for what is manufactured by companies like Arisaka & they don't sell hardware separately. Hell BCM was selling good keymod nuts in 500 & 5000 pc bags & they can't keep them in stock.

I picked up 2 black ARCA mlok rails from you guys and love em. Have them on 2 of my rifles, and will be putting them on all of my ARs from here on out. Good quality, cant beat the price. Any plans to come out with more stuff?
Yes! More stuff is coming in the next week or two. Please check here as we could use everyone's help crowdsourcing some data:
@Annex Defense - Any longer rails in the works? I have one of the Annex 4.6" rails and it's nice, but I already pulled it for a 10" rail. I'm typically running 10 - 14" rails on everything.
Also Keymod rails & actual good keymod hardware. The latter alone would sell like crazy. Literally all the keymod hardware available is Chinese garbage accept for what is manufactured by companies like Arisaka & they don't sell hardware separately. Hell BCM was selling good keymod nuts in 500 & 5000 pc bags & they can't keep them in stock.

It's something that we get asked for but are hesitant to make based on our sales data. We get people that ask us for 18" long ARCA sections, 14", 10" and then guys who say our short rail is too short. While we can't please everyone, a longer version is definitely in the works. We work pretty closely with the guys at Arisaka Defense at times and based on their keymod numbers I don't see us releasing anything in Keymod, unfortunately.

Reactions: 357Max
It's something that we get asked for but are hesitant to make based on our sales data. We get people that ask us for 18" long ARCA sections, 14", 10" and then guys who say our short rail is too short. While we can't please everyone, a longer version is definitely in the works. We work pretty closely with the guys at Arisaka Defense at times and based on their keymod numbers I don't see us releasing anything in Keymod, unfortunately.
Yeah I agree Key mod is on it's way out. I was able to track down some Midwest Key-mod hardware that is US made and works well.

As for longer Arca's I still think 10" - 14" is the sweet spot. If I were making one I'd start with 12" since the most popular brands seem to skip from 10" - 14". For Manners PRS 1 & 2 and AR's with a 15" rail the 12" is about ideal.

To bad the beta tester feedback thing is on Facebook. Never had an account & never will.
If you post on here (maybe the group buy section for small beta runs?) I'm sure you'd get plenty of participation.