• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Anschutz 54 MSR

bubajoe

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2010
South Carolina
Just got back from my FFL to pick her up. Last week I called Champion Shooter Supply to see if they could help me track down a 54.18 MSR and it turned out two days before one had come in the door. I’d been looking for one in good condition for almost a year and had been beat everytime one posted to the classifieds on multiple forums. She was a safe queen having shot not more than 50 rounds and she looks it, there’s not a mark on her. One of the guys I shoot with as one from the late 60’s, this one must be a recent model since it has the flared barrel and fully adjustable / rotatable trigger.

anschutz001.jpg

anschutz003.jpg

Re: New Anschutz 54 MSR

NICE!

The 5018 trigger can have many shoes, but is what makes the "18" in 54.18

Pleae tell me you are going to keep in its beautiful form!

The flared barrel started sometime in the seventies when the sillywet crowd started doing muzzle heavy builds for their offhand shooting.

I will have a 54.18 one of these days (and still kick myself for selling its little brother, the 64MSR I had).

Just curious, how much did you pay for that beauty? You can send me a pm on your purchasing price.

Thanks

Man, I love those Anschutz rimfires!

I also had a little brother 64 MSR Silhouette and miss it dearly. She was a tack driver with Eley Black-Box and a 12x Leupold!!!!!

I'll pick up one of these 54 MSR's one of these days. One more centerfire to build then the search will be on!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Feel-da-fury</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious, how much did you pay for that beauty? You can send me a pm on your purchasing price.

Thanks </div></div>

$1895 Shipped, I believe this was what they also sold for before they were discontinued in 05.

Awesome rifle there...

Sobr..that's too funny...sillywet = silhouette