• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Arken Offering

Who put one on enough angle to get out of using the zero stop?
30 or 40 moa?
100 yard zero

With 32 mils you should be able to get close to a 60 MOA base but how does the zero stop work on them?

Reactions: Gohring65
With 32 mils you should be able to get close to a 60 MOA base but how does the zero stop work on them?
It has the set screw in the top of the turret you run down after you have slipped your turret..

It has the set screw in the top of the turret you run down after you have slipped your turret..
Then shouldn't be a reason to try and not use the zero stop with a 40+ moa base unless you just want more elevation?

Then shouldn't be a reason to try and not use the zero stop with a 40+ moa base unless you just want more elevation?
I do, I want to stretch it this summer. There’s a benefit shoot it has a mile and a 2250 yard target. I’m going for it with a Arken, just to prove to myself either it can be done or not. I have a 20 moa base and some Burris XTR rings coming. 338 lapua

Last edited:
Reactions: z71rat and FuhQ
They don’t want anyone in the club if they didn’t spend 2k$.
With the way they all act, that's exactly what it seems like. As if this $550 scope is going to some how make their $5K scope less valuable.

I really think it has more to do with they're scared their expensive scope's technology is soon going to be surpassed for fractions of the price...Making their resale values plummet when they upgrade to the next big thing. Kind of like the Fudds who support the NFA and the Hughes Amendment, because otherwise, it would make their Pre-86 transferrables instantly & significantly LESS valuable, if those 2 pieces of legislation were to suddenly disappear, and everyone could get their hands on a machine gun.

I do, I want to stretch it this summer. There’s a benefit shoot it has a mile and a 2250 yard target. I’m going for it with a Arken, just to prove to myself either it can be done or not. I have a 20 moa base and some Burris XTR rings coming. 338 lapua
Can't wait to see that video or pics. I'd also like to see how a 2,250 yd target looks through the EP5 and SH4 comparatively.

@DangerRanger Hey, you laugh, but that's the way these people act... They come in the Arken threads bashing away at a budget scope, while they're sitting on a safe full of S&B's and NF, as if this budget scope is somehow affecting their lives. 😂

But with the way the zero stop works it doesn’t matter. That’s where you’re losing me. You want to get the farthest range then great but when you set the zero stop after zeroing then it’s not the problem but how much elevation is in the scope is. So with 32 mils you should be able to use an easy 50 moa and still get 100 yard zero but if wanting to dial farther you can use more and zero farther. Or just use the reticle when you run out of elevation.

Reactions: z71rat
Come on man nobody is worried this is going to devalue their nightforce
Exactly. But the way they all bitch about a budget scope every chance they get, harass those who own them, and bash the threads and mock people who buy them, you'd think they were...

It's kind of like the kid who was a bully to others, because he was really just self-conscious about himself, so he tried to belittle and mistreat everyone else, to make himself feel more important. Those are the type of people who enjoy going around and shitting on everyone who has lesser equipment than them. And this place seems to be a magnet for them.

@DangerRanger Hey, you laugh, but that's the way these people act... They come in the Arken threads bashing away at a budget scope, while they're sitting on a safe full of S&B's and NF, as if this budget scope is somehow affecting their lives. 😂

But they are worried its going to make their Bushnells, etc. look bad. Otherwise they wouldnt be acting this way. I was at a gun store the other day and they had a mounted Mk5 out on the counter. I spun the knobs just for the hell of it. Mushy shit. And that is just one so called $2000 optic being thrown in the mix. Whats sad is that Leupold can make good turrets if they want but for some reason some stupid asshole over there wont allow it.

Reactions: FuhQ and Gohring65
Exactly. But the way they all bitch about a budget scope every chance they get, harass those who own them, and bash the threads and mock people who buy them, you'd think they were...

It's kind of like the kid who was a bully to others, because he was really just self-conscious about himself, so he tried to belittle and mistreat everyone else, to make himself feel more important. Those are the type of people who enjoy going around and shitting on everyone who has lesser equipment than them. And this place seems to be a magnet for them.

The world is full of them because people don't get punched in the face for being an asshole.

To be fair it wasn't the haters that started comparing a $500 scope to a $3000 one.

But with the way the zero stop works it doesn’t matter. That’s where you’re losing me. You want to get the farthest range then great but when you set the zero stop after zeroing then it’s not the problem but how much elevation is in the scope is. So with 32 mils you should be able to use an easy 50 moa and still get 100 yard zero but if wanting to dial farther you can use more and zero farther. Or just use the reticle when you run out of elevation.
I want my mile dope which is about 19mils to be right in the middle of the lenses where it’s most clear.

Reactions: z71rat and Rob01
I want my mile dope which is about 19mils to be right in the middle of the lenses where it’s most clear.

Should be close with a 50 MOA base/ring combo. Even if not direct center it will be close enough. That's about 14.5 mils so should put you close to bottom with a little room to play in the 32 mil scope.

I would buy an Arken to try if there was something like the EP5 in a 3-15/3.5-18.

It sounds like it’s a waste of mag above 20x with the glass quality on these.

Reactions: Spikediesel
Should be close with a 50 MOA base/ring combo. Even if not direct center it will be close enough. That's about 14.5 mils so should put you close to bottom with a little room to play in the 32 mil scope.
Sounds good to me, I know that the glass will be limited so I need to give it the best chance. Lol

Reactions: Rob01
To be fair it wasn't the haters that started comparing a $500 scope to a $3000 one.
Well, shills will be shills... But at the same time, a lot of times people were comparing it in other ways than glass, to other nicer scopes, and then folks got all pissy and started throwing accusations around, and putting words in people's mouths, and started trying to make them look bad. So, I don't think side is any more or less guilty than the other...

Reactions: MyName
But they are worried its going to make their Bushnells, etc. look bad. Otherwise they wouldnt be acting this way. I was at a gun store the other day and they had a mounted Mk5 out on the counter. I spun the knobs just for the hell of it. Mushy shit. And that is just one so called $2000 optic being thrown in the mix. Whats sad is that Leupold can make good turrets if they want but for some reason some stupid asshole over there wont allow it.
For shits and giggles im going to get a Arken.Now the way some of you f. Sticks talk about other scopes this arken better impress the hell out of me better have good turrets better than my MK 5 . But honestly for 500 bills i think you arken shills are full of shit. Please dont compare other brands anymore .

Reactions: dirtytough
Can't wait to see that video or pics. I'd also like to see how a 2,250 yd target looks through the EP5 and SH4 comparatively.
It’s going to be fun, it’s in July so I got all spring to work on a load. July will be telling, it will most likely be in the high 80-90s should be a good time to compare to several other brands up there. I’ll have a couple Arken, couple bushy elites to compare. It’s a benefit shoot so it’ll be a good chance for everyone to compare and talk smack. Lol
Friendly competition atmosphere.

Reactions: FuhQ
For shits and giggles im going to get a Arken.Now the way some of you f. Sticks talk about other scopes this arken better impress the hell out of me better have good turrets better than my MK 5 . But honestly for 500 bills i think you arken shills are full of shit. Please dont compare other brands anymore .
Who are you, and why should we be worried if you’re impressed or not?

We all (well most of us anyway) voluntarily spent our own money, as well... So we have just as much right to compare these scopes as you do. Feel free to drop your (i'm sure it will not be positive, based on your negative attitude towards it before even buying it), opinions of it when you get it.

Keep it mind, none of us with half a brain and tier-1 scope experience have ever said they were perfect. If you look at my thread, you will see quiet a few of us pointing out flaws, and things we would like to see fixed/changed on them. Keep in mind that they're new, so they're not perfect, so try to go into it open-minded. But for the money, they're solid.

The way its going right now by the time yours is delivered Arken will have an EP6 6-36 for $660

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ and Gohring65
FWIW It hasn't been all that long ago I sent a Leupold MK5 back to Leupold for tracking issues. My point is, all optics can have flaws, no slap at Leupold intended. They sent me a new replacement and I sold it immediately after I received it..

I am stuck inside quarantined during a winter storm. It is freezing rain/sort of sleeting during these pho

I get why people compare them to more expensive scopes, the turrets are extremely good aside from an annoying habit of having some audible spring back when you dial hard and stop abruptly. It’s hard to explain. I don’t see it being a problem, but it annoys me. If it tracks and holds zero(so like, 99% of what you need a scope to do) it’s going to be a good option. This video is purely about the “snap back” I will likely make another about the turret in general

Mine has audible spring back as well. I’m pretty annoyed by it, especially considering that the SH4’s I previously had did not exhibit any spring back at all.

Mine just came in today, ordered 12/25.
Initial impressions are very positive for both the scope and accessories. All parts seem to have good external machine work and finishing. Parts fit seems good as well. Ocular, mag ring, and objective all move smoothly with minimal slop.
I do have that audible spring back in the turrets though. Personally I kind of think that they’ve actually gone too far with super loud/tactile turret clicks. I think the combination of deep splines and stiff spring are too much for the machining tolerance they can hold and make their price point. I don’t particularly feel the need for the aggressive clicks anyway, and would have been happier with a softer feel without the backlash.
Will update this if I find anything else worth mentioning.
Glass seems pretty good as well. But where my house is located I have limited sight line so I’m not going to I comment on it yet.

Reactions: Gohring65 and FuhQ
Yep, they got 1 more week (12/31 purchase) to get me my EP5 shipped out or I'm not going to be happy...
Well... Tomorrow will be 4 weeks...

Tick Tock MF.png

Last edited:
Yeah,seriously. NOBODY did. The problem is that the Turrets were claimed to be as good. And how DARE someone claim that ANYTHING be even close to their magic scope. also the question was asked, are you getting 4,5,6,8 times the quality? Once again, how DARE someone as that! And that quickly turns into people saying everyone with an Arken SAID they are “are just as good”. Must defend the enormous amount of money they spent. (not everyone of course.) Some, like Poorboy for instance, are quite honest & sincere in reviewing.

I bought two of them. The 6-24 and the 4-16.

Both track extremely well.
Depth of field is really good.

The 6-24 has zero issues and honestly, I like pretty much everything about it.

Even the parallax numbers are very close to actual.

Illumination works fine in low light, but does flare a bit. Daylight bright isn't a concern of mine.

I love the simple zero stop.

The 4-16 will not focus clearly. I've tried over and over and it never clears properly.
100yd parallax is around the 800yd mark.

My Ares BTR has the same issue with the parallax numbers, but the focus is spot on.

I need to have them take a look at it but that would require me to pull it off and box it up.☹

As far as the value is concerned, I feel they are clearly worth the asking price.

When making comparisons with tier-1, Alpha optics, some people can be told the differences, but never see it.
Resolution of small detail is the primary reason for owning them. <<This is speaking of binos and spotters.
(Stupid bragging rights is another reason)

Lots of people that own Alpha glass spend more than a cursory second or two behind them whether it's binoculars, spotting scopes or a rifle scope.

With spotting optics, clarity and resolution helps you spot game, and see bullet holes or impact in other than perfect conditions.
With rifle scopes it's easier to pick out the somewhat hidden target during comps or while hunting.

I could go on and on about this, but the best way to make comparisons is to have those optics side by side and set up for the viewers eyes.

Then look. Don't just look and say, yep I can see the target. Look closely. Look at the details. Look at impact marks and bullet holes. Look a sharp lines. Look at things that are close in color and texture. See the differences in them.

With Alpha glass, you can do all of that.
With shitty glass, yeah you can see the target, but that's about it.

Add in years of R&D, warranty coverage, reticle options and yeah, prestige and the Alpha stuff is actually worth more.

I forgot to add in about how some Alpha glass literally lets you see clearly right through mirage.
A comparison was made with a Bushy XRS-2, an Athlon Midas and the ZCO because that's what was available that day.

The ZCO could look through the mirage that the other scopes had issues with.
Yes, we changed the parallax back and forth on all of them to make the comparison.
What's even more amazing is that the ZCO was better at ground level than the other two were from a bench.
When the other two were brought to the mat, the comparison was over. No contest.

I had my 4-16 on my 6.5 Manbun for a few weeks.
Buddies were shooting at the mile targets so I decided to join in.

Dialed my elevation and took a couple of shots.
This was the result on a 36"×36" target.

I'm not sure how much I had left, but I was able to dial in with a 20 MOA base.
Hit a little bit high, but it's doable. Dialed back to zero and was spot on.
IMG_0214.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photo.
Camera screen shot to an apple device, sent to an android.

Yeah, they need to give the berms a grooming.

I had my 4-16 on my 6.5 Manbun for a few weeks.
Buddies were shooting at the mile targets so I decided to join in.

Dialed my elevation and took a couple of shots.
This was the result on a 36"×36" target.

I'm not sure how much I had left, but I was able to dial in with a 20 MOA base.
Hit a little bit high, but it's doable. Dialed back to zero and was spot on.
View attachment 7797431

Sorry for the crappy photo.
Camera screen shot to an apple device, sent to an android.

Yeah, they need to give the berms a grooming.
Nice!
This is the kind of info I hope we all start sharing once the weather breaks. I spent all winter looking at it out my window.
Lol
👍👍