• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Arrival - M40

Defender3

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2010
    Behind Enemy Lines
    I had another new arrival at the house this week, a M40 tribute rifle. In honor of the sleek sexiness of this wood and steel beauty, I have decided to name her "Holly-Wood."

image_3186-732518.jpg

image_3185-732517.jpg

The wife asked that I get out of the house and go to the range today so she could putz around the house. It was a worthy day as I can home to bacon, what more could you want? Light overcast, no real winds and mid-40's, but the local 100 yard range can be interesting, especially since it's hunting season and the once a year guys come out.

Anyways, I bought Holly and the owner, unfortunately, was not able to shoot her before en-trusting her to me. In the tibit file, Holly seemed to have more bit than my 30-06 1903 ("Olivia"). This rifle was harder to sight as the windage (as you may know) is primarily on the mount with fine tuning on the turret. It took me several shots and adjustments at 25 yards to get the windage close. I guess I'll loctite one of the windage screws so I can then lock down the other while still being able to remove it when needed.

I followed the shoot one round, run a wet patch and then two dry patches, rinse and repeat 10 times, then 3-shots and clean and do this 5 times, and then a couple times after 10rds. So, it took a while to get Holly "operational." But, once I did, she was fine.

Holly getting some fresh air.

DSC_0744_JPG-736755.jpg

On the sled getting ready for some 25 yard sighting with 1970s Match.

DSC_0749_JPG-736756.jpg

DSC_0750_JPG-736757.jpg

Cleaning - sorry the pic wasn't focused, but that black splotch is a wet patch - always down and out, never back in.

DSC_0755_JPG-736759.jpg

A dry patch I ran through before firing. Next trip I'll have to break out the Labradar and get some velocities.

DSC_0753_JPG-736758.jpg

Quite a pile:

DSC_0759_JPG-736761.jpg

Some results, again, I need to get this rifle out of the sled and on a bag to get some consistency. I had two failures to fire on the Match ammo, maybe the hard primers, and the bolt seemed heavy on the Prime ammo, but no other concerns. Prime is GTG, again, the Creedmoor 167 Scenars are not doing well, and both the 168 and 175 FGMMs seem GTG.

DSC_0765_JPG-736762.jpg

Bought “my son “ a M40 last year. It’s the 30.06 with a stock similar to the sendero. He loves that rifle as much as I do! Lol

I had another new arrival at the house this week, a M40 tribute rifle. In honor of the sleek sexiness of this wood and steel beauty, I have decided to name her "Holly-Wood."

image_3186-732518.jpg

image_3185-732517.jpg

The wife asked that I get out of the house and go to the range today so she could putz around the house. It was a worthy day as I can home to bacon, what more could you want? Light overcast, no real winds and mid-40's, but the local 100 yard range can be interesting, especially since it's hunting season and the once a year guys come out.

Anyways, I bought Holly and the owner, unfortunately, was not able to shoot her before en-trusting her to me. In the tibit file, Holly seemed to have more bit than my 30-06 1903 ("Olivia"). This rifle was harder to sight as the windage (as you may know) is primarily on the mount with fine tuning on the turret. It took me several shots and adjustments at 25 yards to get the windage close. I guess I'll loctite one of the windage screws so I can then lock down the other while still being able to remove it when needed.

I followed the shoot one round, run a wet patch and then two dry patches, rinse and repeat 10 times, then 3-shots and clean and do this 5 times, and then a couple times after 10rds. So, it took a while to get Holly "operational." But, once I did, she was fine.

Holly getting some fresh air.

DSC_0744_JPG-736755.jpg

On the sled getting ready for some 25 yard sighting with 1970s Match.

DSC_0749_JPG-736756.jpg

DSC_0750_JPG-736757.jpg

Cleaning - sorry the pic wasn't focused, but that black splotch is a wet patch - always down and out, never back in.

DSC_0755_JPG-736759.jpg

A dry patch I ran through before firing. Next trip I'll have to break out the Labradar and get some velocities.

DSC_0753_JPG-736758.jpg

Quite a pile:

DSC_0759_JPG-736761.jpg

Some results, again, I need to get this rifle out of the sled and on a bag to get some consistency. I had two failures to fire on the Match ammo, maybe the hard primers, and the bolt seemed heavy on the Prime ammo, but no other concerns. Prime is GTG, again, the Creedmoor 167 Scenars are not doing well, and both the 168 and 175 FGMMs seem GTG.

DSC_0765_JPG-736762.jpg
    Beautiful!

Reactions: Defender3