New Athlon Cronus

YotaEer

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2019
Pittsburgh
I assume with places like CLNY selling off the current gen Cronus BTR that there will be a new one coming out early next year. Does anyone have an update on them?

Locking windage, different mag range, reticles, 30 mm tube etc?

YotaEer

Sergeant of the Hide
Hessian
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2019
Pittsburgh
I emailed them last week and they insinuated that there may be either a 3-15 or 3-18 in the future with a locking or capped windage.
did they say if there would be any upgrades to the 4.5-29?

I really enjoy mine and would upgrade if the new model had locking windage. A little bit lighter would be an even bigger bonus

Reactions: basshusker

beetroot

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Looks like intel will be out on October 1st
I'm guessing the basic design will be very similar to the current version?
Hopefully this means a lower mag version of the Delta Stryker, Trijicon Tenmile and a new lower power Tract Toric will be on the cards also.

BytorJr

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
I emailed them last week and they insinuated that there may be either a 3-15 or 3-18 in the future with a locking or capped windage.
I was just saying to myself last night, sure not a lot of 3x-15 scopes out now. Once Bushnell canned the 3-12 I think it's basically Burris/Steiner in that quality.

Dsparil

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Houston, TX
I'm happy with what I got. I still need to find one of the older version 1-6x for my ar15 when I can get some money.

beetroot

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
It's been my 1st of October for 20.5 hours, still waiting for this big announcement.....

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate

flatland1

Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2005
Western Kansas
Not sure I'd trade any of several Cronus BTRs for anything 'new & improved'. I really like them on my V-22s & a RimX. Also have three of the pre-BTRs with the heavier reticles on a 40XB 22RF repeater, Bighorn TL2-SA in 260 Improved 30*, and custom M700 in 7-08 Improved 30*. The newest one on the RimX has the floating dot reticle, and has more distinct clicks/detents on turret knobs...makes me wonder whether they changed something there, or just wiped some of the heavy silicone grease off the O-rings...