• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW - Atlas CAL (Cant and Loc) Bipod - PRE-ORDER (added 12.14)

Is there a SH member discount I can get for an atlas CAL? I am finally thinking of upgrading from my Harris.
I think you missed that boat, when they first came out there was a SH discount but that is long gone.

Reactions: viking78
This is a slick setup!

I have been enjoying my new CAL. I like my PSR too, there are things that each do better than the other, so I use both frequently.

I have been enjoying my new CAL. I like my PSR too, there are things that each do better than the other, so I use both frequently.

If were to only use one which one would you use? What do you like about one over the other?

If were to only use one which one would you use? What do you like about one over the other?
PSR better for hunting because it is more compact on the gun, the CAL is slightly more stable due to the larger footprint. I don't use the panning feature on the PSR so that's a moot point. If they made a CAL that had the more low profile footprint of the PSR, I wouldn't own a PSR. I keep my PSR locked down so tight for stability, it's essentially a fixed bipod.

Last edited:
Safety ⚠️ Warning

Am I the only one stupid enough to lay my finger Knuckle open on my Cal Bipod? I can be a klutz when I get in a hurry!!

Attachments

• 865E45A0-AD5C-4FEA-986B-CFEA37A949B6.jpeg
    865E45A0-AD5C-4FEA-986B-CFEA37A949B6.jpeg
    847.6 KB · Views: 230
None there yet. I just checked. :D

Okay, so inside story... blems are being "loaded" into website on Fridays, so that would be a good time to look! :)

Those are battleworn. Shouldn’t that cost extra?

So interesting story, there is a TV show, "SEAL TEAM", I met the gear subject matter expert at SHOT and he wanted some of our bipods, so of course we got them some. Then they needed more and really wanted used ones so we decided to make some "used" ones and that rolled into our "How to clean an Atlas bipod" video. (as a side note, seeing our gear in that show is surreal, I would have NEVER dreamed that possible! The most surreal? having a SEAL sniper instructor call and tell me the Atlas is in MW3 vbideo game! my head exploded...)

Okay, so inside story... blems are being "loaded" into website on Fridays, so that would be a good time to look! :)

So interesting story, there is a TV show, "SEAL TEAM", I met the gear subject matter expert at SHOT and he wanted some of our bipods, so of course we got them some. Then they needed more and really wanted used ones so we decided to make some "used" ones and that rolled into our "How to clean an Atlas bipod" video. (as a side note, seeing our gear in that show is surreal, I would have NEVER dreamed that possible! The most surreal? having a SEAL sniper instructor call and tell me the Atlas is in MW3 vbideo game! my head exploded...)

That’s really cool Kasey. I’m going to have to look that show up.

Thanks, it's interesting how you meet people and have no idea who they are or what they will become! Which is why it's best to always follow the Golden rule! It's an entertaining show, good mix of action and drama, but being a guy, I'd like less drama! :)

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
Thanks, it's interesting how you meet people and have no idea who they are or what they will become! Which is why it's best to always follow the Golden rule! It's an entertaining show, good mix of action and drama, but being a guy, I'd like less drama! :)

You're exactly right. I was at the range a couple weeks back, and spent few talking to the guy shooting next to me, as I usually try to do. Turns out he was a State Senator from down in Baton Rouge. You just never know.

You're exactly right. I was at the range a couple weeks back, and spent few talking to the guy shooting next to me, as I usually try to do. Turns out he was a State Senator from down in Baton Rouge. You just never know.

That is cool on several levels!

Captured CAL in the wild

Attachments

• IMG_20190614_202248.jpg
    IMG_20190614_202248.jpg
    533.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_20190614_202230.jpg
    IMG_20190614_202230.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20190614_202123.jpg
    IMG_20190614_202123.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 192
Captured CAL in the wild
Thanks for those photos. That is exactly the setup I'm looking at doing for mine. The spigot mount should be here today for my "Night Stalker" ?. Bipod choice is still in the air but I've been looking at the GG&G and the Atlas BT-65.

Attachments

• 0706192311.jpg
    0706192311.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 0706192311a.jpg
    0706192311a.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 0706192312.jpg
    0706192312.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: Dooby
I'm new to bipods, so I just purchased what everyone else had - the Atlas PSR, now I have a little regret that I didn't get the Gen 2 Cal as I don't use the panning feature and I find it to be more annoying to get the legs centered, and also the knob turning is definitely a bit of a pain. I generally will just get everything "centered" and just tighten the knob down as much as I can.

Overall, the build is fantastic, and I don't have anything negative to say on the PSR, except for my needs the Gen 2 Cal would probably be a better fit. I'll probably be keeping an eye out on someone wanting to do a trade. I haven't done any PRS comps yet, maybe the PSR is a better fit for that. Maybe I should just own 1 of each :)

I'm new to bipods, so I just purchased what everyone else had - the Atlas PSR, now I have a little regret that I didn't get the Gen 2 Cal as I don't use the panning feature and I find it to be more annoying to get the legs centered, and also the knob turning is definitely a bit of a pain. I generally will just get everything "centered" and just tighten the knob down as much as I can.

Overall, the build is fantastic, and I don't have anything negative to say on the PSR, except for my needs the Gen 2 Cal would probably be a better fit. I'll probably be keeping an eye out on someone wanting to do a trade. I haven't done any PRS comps yet, maybe the PSR is a better fit for that. Maybe I should just own 1 of each :)
They’re like popcorn, you can’t have just one.

Maybe I should just own 1 of each
True, that's the way I am. But then again, I like trying different things to be well rounded on what works and what doesn't. The Atlas I am looking at is different than the two I have now. Only thing I dislike about the Atlas is it's pretty slow getting it deployed or back.

Considering the gen 2 - does anyone sell these with the RRS pic\arca adaptor?

On sale... better get it quick.

Reactions: M113A3

Thank you for choosing an Atlas! And as you are new to bipods let me note two things, first, BT has a pretty generous exchange program for bipods bought directly from them. So give them a call.

Second, regarding the pan feature, start with legs folded up parallel to barrel, deploy them then go prone. Identify your target and acquire the proper sight picture and work the trigger firing your shot. If you did your part, you just hit your target or made a bad wind call and missed... now look at bipod for the first time, and fold legs up, are they parallel to barrel? No? Then swing them over till they are. Done. While loading the Atlas PSR or V8 series both have pan, as the target is acquired, the feet have held their position while the rifle is allowed to move to acquire the sight picture. The pan is not specificity for panning or more accurately defined as traversing. But rather to be able to consistently load the bipod in a variety of positions.
Also, respectfuly try not to concern yourself with the Tension wheel, concern yourself with the wind. At its loosest setting, there is still enough tension there that if the rifle is picked up, the legs would not move. So thinking “I have perfect sight picture now, I’m going to tighten this up” is misplaced. Work the trigger.

Thank you for choosing an Atlas! And as you are new to bipods let me note two things, first, BT has a pretty generous exchange program for bipods bought directly from them. So give them a call.

Second, regarding the pan feature, start with legs folded up parallel to barrel, deploy them then go prone. Identify your target and acquire the proper sight picture and work the trigger firing your shot. If you did your part, you just hit your target or made a bad wind call and missed... now look at bipod for the first time, and fold legs up, are they parallel to barrel? No? Then swing them over till they are. Done. While loading the Atlas PSR or V8 series both have pan, as the target is acquired, the feet have held their position while the rifle is allowed to move to acquire the sight picture. The pan is not specificity for panning or more accurately defined as traversing. But rather to be able to consistently load the bipod in a variety of positions.
Also, respectfuly try not to concern yourself with the Tension wheel, concern yourself with the wind. At its loosest setting, there is still enough tension there that if the rifle is picked up, the legs would not move. So thinking “I have perfect sight picture now, I’m going to tighten this up” is misplaced. Work the trigger.

Thank you for that feedback. I currently have started using it at the loosest setting so I can naturally just place it and point the rifle exactly where I need it and shoot. I have a scope level now too to handle any slight changes in cant, which can fluctuate if I'm switching positions anyway.

I purchased mine not directly from BT but Anarchy Outdoors during Fathers Day sale, so it looks like I won't be able to exchange. But right now I'm pretty happy with it. I've never tried the Gen 2 Cal, but the PSR and the Scope Level has been fine for me this past week of shooting.

Reactions: Kasey
Just received a new gen II CAL directly from BT. I'm inexperienced when it comes to bipod so I'm unsure if the bipod I received is behaving as intended.

Here is my take, the loc on my CAL, when FULLY tightened, does NOT fully lockup. The tension is tight enough that the rifle won't cant on its own. However, the cant can still be engaged with medium force. Also, as others have mentioned with the gen I, mine seems to only be operable when the lever is fully locked, meaning from a locked position to fully loose is a tenth of a turn away of the lever. There is no middle ground.

Now, I have had a chance to play around with the PSR and, IMO, the locking mechanism on that model is far superior to the CAL. With the PSR, when the knob is fully tightened, the cant movement is 99% eliminated.

The wide profile is what drawn me to the CAL but now I'm regretting my decision due to the ease of canting even at full lockup. As mentioned, I'm too inexperienced to conclude what I have is by design or a defect. I hope I'm not misrepresenting the product in anyway.

Reactions: Skunkworx
When I lock mine down is pretty damn solid.
It takes some force to move it.
It doesn’t move at all when shooting.

I also tightened down the pre load nut just a smidge.

Reactions: lash
Just received a new gen II CAL directly from BT. I'm inexperienced when it comes to bipod so I'm unsure if the bipod I received is behaving as intended.

Here is my take, the loc on my CAL, when FULLY tightened, does NOT fully lockup. The tension is tight enough that the rifle won't cant on its own. However, the cant can still be engaged with medium force. Also, as others have mentioned with the gen I, mine seems to only be operable when the lever is fully locked, meaning from a locked position to fully loose is a tenth of a turn away of the lever. There is no middle ground.

Now, I have had a chance to play around with the PSR and, IMO, the locking mechanism on that model is far superior to the CAL. With the PSR, when the knob is fully tightened, the cant movement is 99% eliminated.

The wide profile is what drawn me to the CAL but now I'm regretting my decision due to the ease of canting even at full lockup. As mentioned, I'm too inexperienced to conclude what I have is by design or a defect. I hope I'm not misrepresenting the product in anyway.

Have you tried pulling the pod loc handle out? You can reposition it to get more sweep, and continue to tighten to your hearts desire. Then reposition to get the pod loc out of the way. The tension is infinitely adjustable.

Thank you for the advice! I removed the loc lever and tightened down the tension nut. The bipod is now rock solid when fully locked!

Thank you for the advice! I removed the loc lever and tightened down the tension nut. The bipod is now rock solid when fully locked!

You don't have to completely remove it, just pull it toward you and turn it while its still pulled out, let it go back in then tighten as needed.

I just recieved my new to me Gen2 CAL. First impressions were great and then I began messing with the cant lock. I have a decked out Harris with the Pod-Loc that I've used for years, so I'm very familiar with it. On my Harris I can go from about the 3 o'clock position being pretty loose to the 9 o'clock being tight. My CAL goes from 3 to 4 o'clock loose to so tight it wont move. Is this what everyone is experiencing? Doesnt seem like it should be that way. I'm willing to pull it apart but didnt want to go down a rabbit hole if this is just standard operation....

I just recieved my new to me Gen2 CAL. First impressions were great and then I began messing with the cant lock. I have a decked out Harris with the Pod-Loc that I've used for years, so I'm very familiar with it. On my Harris I can go from about the 3 o'clock position being pretty loose to the 9 o'clock being tight. My CAL goes from 3 to 4 o'clock loose to so tight it wont move. Is this what everyone is experiencing? Doesnt seem like it should be that way. I'm willing to pull it apart but didnt want to go down a rabbit hole if this is just standard operation....
You probably will get more “range” if you loosen up the nut that preloads the podlock shaft.

You probably will get more “range” if you loosen up the nut that preloads the podlock shaft.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tightened, loosened, and removed the nut completely. If you loosen the nut much the Pod-Loc will "bottom out" on the rim of the nut and not tighten down fully against the bridge. Really nice bipod, just dont think its gonna be for me.

Reactions: Skunkworx

Sorry for slow reply here and Thank you for your business. Another member posted - "I also tightened down the pre load nut just a smidge. " which is correct solution, simply remove Podloc and tiughten nut to preload tension desired. then put Podloc back on.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tightened, loosened, and removed the nut completely. If you loosen the nut much the Pod-Loc will "bottom out" on the rim of the nut and not tighten down fully against the bridge. Really nice bipod, just dont think its gonna be for me.

Honestly that sounds more like a Gen 1. can you post a picture?

I've not seen/heard of this so I'd appreciate seeing it, please call 316.721.3222 and get RMA. We'll reimburse you for postage. In fact we'll refund your money if you bought it from us.

Kasey, I sold it the day after I got it. It was well made and the legs were smooth as silk but I just didnt like the cant adjustment. I should've taken a video but I didnt.

16830.jpeg
1860.jpeg
1858.jpeg

Anybody that had their Gen1 converted to Gen2 regretting the conversion? I'm on the fence about sending mine in for a conversions since I've been using the rubber part on the Gen1 as a barricade stop quite a bit and really like how it just seems to "absorb" recoil.

Anybody that had their Gen1 converted to Gen2 regretting the conversion? I'm on the fence about sending mine in for a conversions since I've been using the rubber part on the Gen1 as a barricade stop quite a bit and really like how it just seems to "absorb" recoil.
I still have my gen1 and have bought a gen2 also. I like the gen2 better but I don’t use the rubber foot like you do. I’ll have to try it.

It would be easy to fab something up like that on the gen 2