• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New B&C Stock

Re: New B&C Stock

Ooooooh! I like that! I wonder how much this weighs? And if it's thinner in the forearm and shorter in the foreend the a REM700 PSS stock(H&S prec)?....

This is not a new stock.
It is the BCS1000, so called because it was made for the Bushmaster Counter Sniper rifle.
The Bushmaster was taken over by Remngton Custom Shop, stock changed, price increased dramatically etc... to become the XM3.
I believe the Bushmaster was built by Iron Brigade Armory.

I'd like to know how it compares with the Light Tactical, other than the hook. Just based on the pics, the "raised" Monte Carlo part actually looks lower than the cheek rest on the LT.

Wow. Learn something new everyday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not a new stock.
It is the BCS1000, so called because it was made for the Bushmaster Counter Sniper rifle.
The Bushmaster was taken over by Remngton Custom Shop, stock changed, price increased dramatically etc... to become the XM3.
I believe the Bushmaster was built by Iron Brigade Armory. </div></div>

Interesting. That looks strikingly similar to my McMillan A1-3, including the bolt removal slot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrDeath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2.7 lbs

Play nice!</div></div>

verily so......

so....looks like anyone up a creek now REALLY DO GOT A PADDLE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not a new stock. It is the BCS1000. </div></div>

+1

I've used these stocks for over two years now...

Better feel than the HS but they are NO Manners/Mcmillan...

063.jpg

Nice kills! I go to south Dakota shooting prarie rats all the time.

Is the B&C stock thinner in the grip area then the PSS stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrDeath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.

Is the B&C stock thinner in the grip area then the PSS stock? </div></div>

Yes it is and the Palm Swell is Smaller than the HS used on the new Senderos as well...

I'm probably going to get one of these soon.

Also, elkhuntingguide, it looks like some of your pets are missing their heads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkhuntinguide</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not a new stock. It is the BCS1000. </div></div>

+1

063.jpg

</div></div>

If a person would drive a tractor over the field you shot all those out of one would lose their fillings in their teeth and in this case perhaps a few teeth.... Holly rodent problem..

I have had 1 of these for a year or so.
It most closely resembles a McM A1-3. Actually almost identical sans the finger groove in the McM forend

BCS 1000

IMG_0140.jpg

McM A1-3

IMG_0142.jpg

I like that top rifle !

Does anyone know what materials this stock is made of?

Can you tell us where you did the killing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkhuntinguide</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not a new stock. It is the BCS1000. </div></div>

+1

063.jpg

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrDeath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like that top rifle !

Does anyone know what materials this stock is made of?</div></div>

finally....an inquiring mind comes forth with the right question....

i shall give you a hint, and put in nautical terms ...it will float,.....oh and would you mind asking any gunsmith worth their salt how to attach sling cups and any other studs to FOAM CORE ?

there...see i played nice

Is that a carbon fiber or aluminum barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">finally....an inquiring mind comes forth with the right question....

i shall give you a hint, and put in nautical terms ...it will float,.....oh and would you mind asking any gunsmith worth their salt how to attach sling cups and any other studs to FOAM CORE ?

there...see i played nice </div></div>

Here is a B&C Light Tactical stock that has four flush cup L&R sides F&R and two rails installed Bottom F&R as well as a UNS mount and I've never pulled one out or had a problem with them...

Again it is NO substitute for a Manners/McMillan but IMHO better than an HS and a decent stock for the $$...

011a-1.jpg

Ahh, I see.. I thought I had seen this a while ago... pulled up the iron brigade website and saw it there, as that is where I saw it a bit ago...

For a kid like me that can't afford a Manners or McMillan, seems like a good option.

BOLTRIPPER i shall give you a hint said:
Scott,

I have seen foam in a McM as well...in the ass end...at Gene's shop.

I am relieved to know that if I ever drop my whisper in a body of water, retrieval will be easy so long as the wind aint blowin'
grin.gif

Boltripper,
Don't hold back on my account, let it rip.

This stock is also available in a long action version. (Just finished tooling before SHOT) The comb height on these are .250" higher than the 2956 Light Tactical (Thumb Hook version).

Ahh, it has a higher comb than the light tactical, that is good.

Re: New B&C Stock compared to a HS

What would make this a better stock than the HS that comes on the Remingtons? I'd be interested in this stock for my 700 Milspec, cannot afford the McM and Manners

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rich56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would make this a better stock than the HS that comes on the Remingtons? I'd be interested in this stock for my 700 Milspec, cannot afford the McM and Manners </div></div>

The fact there isn't a monstrous palm swell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 71firebird400</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rich56</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What would make this a better stock than the HS that comes on the Remingtons? I'd be interested in this stock for my 700 Milspec, cannot afford the McM and Manners </div></div>

The fact there isn't a monstrous palm swell. </div></div>

agreed. The palm swells on HS stocks are ridiculous. I feel like im trying to hold a grapefruit.

Another plus is that they can be found for less money compared to the H&S.

That is a nice stock. I have a question since we are discussing BC stocks, and please don't beat me up guys, but the B&C are priced competetively with the new Choate Tactical stock. I am not referring to the horrid looking ultimate sniper stock. Can anybody provide me some pro's and con's between the Medalist stocks and the Choate Tactical???? I am trying to make a decision on what stock to acquire for my new Remy!. Thanks.

And here I thought I was the only one that hated the massive palm swell on the HS....its just rediculous in my book and the only thing I didnt like about my old PSS 300 Winny.....

Mine came in today. Got a few pictures of it sitting next to an HS Precision and another Bell&Carlson A1

The BC 1000 is noticably heavier than the HS and the Al.
Forgot to weigh them before mounting them all back in, though.

Just from playing with it for a few minutes, I like it a lot.

Didn't get a chance to look real close, but it might need a longer front action screw.

new-stock-006.jpg

new-stock-007.jpg

new-stock-020.jpg

new-stock-007.jpg

new-stock-021.jpg

I have been running a Light Tactical for awhile now. It's a great stock.

The BCS1000 looks to be even better since it has a higher Comb than the Light Tactical.

As to what's inside......

IMG_3493.jpg

And a closeup of the actual chassis used in the BCS1000

IMG_3507.jpg

So as you can see, adding a flush cup is not an issue since you are securing it to aluminum.

Since the actual center of the stock is aluminum instead of foam...wouldn't that make it an aluminum core?

I do love the fact I can take my 700 out of the Light Tactical and bolt it back in without any change in POI.

Look for us to do a more detailed writeup on Bell & Carlson soon. You may also see the BCS1000 stock featured in our upcoming "Budget Precision" build.

I do feel that these stocks are a step up from H&S.

So adding a flush cup to the BC would one attemp to thread it and epoxie it?

Well I want a LTR stock but I have not found a used one . So I may go this route...

IMHO the B&C Stocks are quite a bit higher quality than the H&S from a LTR.

I just did armorer's inspections on three LTR's this morning. The fit and finish of the two B&C stocks I have are a bit better than the H&S stocks. I have seen the studs pull out of H&S stocks and checking them for cracks is a regular part of the checklist for a 700P.

Does anyone have a better price on B & C stocks than stockystocks?

I spoke to B&C directly hoping to get a better price for an agency purchase and was told that I would get a better price from Stockys.

RB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chipdog4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slightly better price and a standard shipping charge of $13.

Shooters Discount </div></div>
That's where I got mine back in December. They were the only game in town prior to Stockys getting them.
They're fast shippers,and had a good price ($206+ ship,IIRC).

That top rifle is the shit! Please post specs...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RHutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had 1 of these for a year or so.
It most closely resembles a McM A1-3. Actually almost identical sans the finger groove in the McM forend

BCS 1000

IMG_0140.jpg

McM A1-3

IMG_0142.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Curnow26</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any body know here you can get a b&c 1000 stock. </div></div>

I ordered mine from shootersdiscount. I ordered friday,it shipped yesterday and should be here Thursday.

Mine came in a few days ago from Shooters Discount , bolted it in yesterday and it feels good. The action screws don't have as much to catch on to. I think I will hunt some longer ones soon. I don't have much experience with composite stocks but this syock is night and day compared to what the rifle came with ( Rem. sps ).Fit is good and barrel channel has more than enough room for SPS barrel. I will probably skim coat the action area after I shoot it awhile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrDeath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That top rifle is the shit! Please post specs...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RHutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had 1 of these for a year or so.

BCS 1000

IMG_0140.jpg

McM A1-3

IMG_0142.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

It is a 300whisper with Shilen 1:8 at 16.5"