• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Badger M2008 Tim Click build in .243

rwest309

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
Artesia NM
Here is my newest rifle just picked up today from Tim Click. I waited long and hard for this one. That sounded bad. It was hard waiting that long.

Anyway here are the specs

Badger 2nd gen M2008 Action (Thanks Marty)
Badger M5 DBM (Marty again)
R&D Precision RAD Latch (Thanks Randy)
Rifle Basix trigger (Thanks Randy again, and Clay @ Rifle Basix
Manners T5A in Todd Jackson Multicam (Thanks Todd and Tom)
26" Bartlein 7.5 twist MTU Profile throated for 115 DTACS
Fluted bolt by Kampfeld (Thanks Karl)
Machine work, assembly, fitting, tuning, bedding, cerakote, etc
Tim Click Custom Rifles in Carlsbad NM...(Thanks Tim)

Its wearing a 3.8-22X44ERGO USO in MOA/MOA configuration

I am really hoping to get it broken in tomorrow if the weather holds up. I was planning to drag the CED out also just to see what the mv is like. Flame on guys. I think it rocks. My photography skills however are fairly retarded obviously. And I know the wine is totally shafted but it is cheap decoration wine only to be consumed when all else fails and the liquor store is closed.

Re: New Badger M2008 Tim Click build in .243

Looks awesome! Let us know how she shoots!

Man!! that a awsome rifle. i love the whole setup. thats the components i would use if I could build something right now.

Enjoy that work of art.

Kampfeld did the bolt fluting...he is one hell of a craftsman. The attention to detail was second to none.

Dont hesitate to send him a bolt. You will have it back in a week.

The only thing wrong with that is I don`t live close enough to help you break it in!

What is the two tone lever for on the trigger gaurd? just curiouse... great rifle tho.... i want one!
laugh.gif

It is the magazine release....r&d precision Rad latch

I debated getting it cerakoted but decided to leave it alone. I sort of liked the 2 tone effect and I didn't want to compromise the tolerances since it fit and functioned so nicely the way it came from R&D.

I absolutely will. And hopefully to roswell's "f class" matches also. I think we are going to be shooting short at both places so I figured I would go .243 rather than .284 for the new build. Gives me an excuse to build a .284 on down the road. Get with me up there or in Roswell and you can light it up a few times. I am really growing fond of the badger and the t5.

It looks like its going to be a shooter. I havent shot over a .25 inch group yet at 100 just playing with load workup. I have a good low sd/es load worked up I just have to get out and shoot at distance and maybe play with seating depth to fine tune it. I think my GAP .260 is getting retired.

why not run AW mags in it? The M2008 has the cut to run those mags and you get a little bit longer OAL in the magazine.

I may try the aw mags. I'm just using the one I got with the m5. Send me an aw mag and I'll use it
smile.gif

I can touch the lands with 115s at mag length so I don't know what I would gain in the realm of coal increase. Its shooting pretty good at minimum coal. According to kiff the reamer is george's match spec reamer.