• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Barrett MRAD ELR?

Wish I could get some support from the folks in TN then 😂

In the limited experience I have working around the gun industry there were plenty of times that actual factory guns were used by factory teams and shooters. It doesn't seem like there's a good reason to lie about it when you are talking about a tiny subset (ELR) of a smaller market (PRS).

With precision oriented guns like this it's not unbelievable to me that factory guns would be used. I don't know anything about ELR but it seems like the ammo and shooter are probably more of a factor than the gun as long as it has a base level of accuracy. Even with factory guns that system can be gamed by cherry picking guns that do well during test firing like weatherby used to do with their MOA guns.
There wasn't any cherry picking with the rifles we all used, they were the only ones built, lol, and at least 2 of the Barretts had never been shot until they got to Raton the week prior to King of 2 Miles.

Reactions: 232593
OK, so it is priced right up there with a McMillan tack 50 in a CADEX, or an accuracy international. Slightly less, but in the ballpark.

It is 50% more than a Desert Tech

Who makes the barrel? Bartline? Lilja? Proprietary? Button rifle or cut rifle?

Chamber specs?

Trigger pull adjustable between what and what?

If I weren’t already into my Desert Tech, I suppose I would consider this one amongst the others as a higher end 50 caliber/416 rifle

I still like that my Desert Tech with a 41 inch barrel, and an Armite brake is going to be significantly shorter than this

I will say that the MradELR is being built one at a time and every rifle coming out of Barrett is being accuracy tested before it leaves . Those of us that got the rifles in July to test and use prior to KO2M all got exactly what the finished product to consumers will be. The engineers behind the project are extremely proud of what they have produced and very well should be . The biggest concern they have is making sure every MradELR is competitive and reliable out of the box. There were 8 of us outside of Barrett that got the privilege of being part of testing and shooting the new Mrads in competition and they have all proven to be just as accurate and consistent as anticipated.
As far as comments about Australian owned now , the customer service is still straight out of Tennessee, and if you actually check into the new ownership they are one of the biggest defense contractors for 20mm, 30mm and 105 & 155mm ammo for the US DOD along with joint ventures with L3 for laser guided munitions for our armed forces.

No one is raising hell with Hodgdon about most of their powder being imported from Australia and redistributed or the 416hellfire, 416 and 458 Vestal brass from Bertram all being Australian. The Barretts are still being designed built in Tennessee.

Back to the MradELR, the barrels are extremely fast to change out and the return to zero and poi shift is non-existent. Part of my testing of the platform was shooting one mile groups, removing the barrel, reinstalling in the field and shooting another group at a mile , after doing it multiple times the poi stayed within inches at 1761 yards, and it's exactly what they are trying to accomplish for the ELR commumunity. A rifle that will shoot at a competitive level straight out of the box .

And no disrespect taken, anytime anyone sees me at a match I would be more than happy to show you around the rifle.
What calibers are they going to offer?

When you used it how did it handle? Recoil manageable?

Desert Tech have any mil contracts? Bullpups really struggle with acceptance. As for Barret have any personnel been relocated?
If I remember correctly they do have contracts with several different countries. How those countries acquisition process, DTs & OTs, and paths to POR status work I don’t know.

OK, so it is priced right up there with a McMillan tack 50 in a CADEX, or an accuracy international. Slightly less, but in the ballpark.

It is 50% more than a Desert Tech

Who makes the barrel? Bartline? Lilja? Proprietary? Button rifle or cut rifle?

Chamber specs?

Trigger pull adjustable between what and what?

If I weren’t already into my Desert Tech, I suppose I would consider this one amongst the others as a higher end 50 caliber/416 rifle

I still like that my Desert Tech with a 41 inch barrel, and an Armite brake is going to be significantly shorter than this
Until I talk more with Barrett I'm really not sure what I can disclose more than I already have due to NDA about barrel, chamber specs etc. I will say I loaded and sized all of my Warner brass with standard RCBS 416 Barrett dies. The trigger isn't a super light bench rest trigger like all of my other rifles, but it breaks extremely clean , mine was set at 2.5# which took a little getting used to after shooting 2-4 oz jewels for so long . I know DTI makes some great rifles too, but being a lefty I've never been able to get comfortable behind anyone's to shoot since y'all seem to be backwards and shoot right handed.

Attachments

• KIMG2265.JPG
    KIMG2265.JPG
    352.3 KB · Views: 89

As of right now 416 Barrett, with the barrel makers kits coming and the ability to have 375 Enabelr, and others with .50cal or CT bolt face.

The recoil with the Barrett brake is minimal even as light as the rifle is, I weighed in at 33# ready to fire at KO2M with the bipod XT, adjustable bag rider, hd50 bipod, Defense Solutions scope mount , and a 7-35 ATACR W/Charlie . It's extremely manageable and absolutely pleasant to shoot . My 10 yr old has no problems with it.

Until I talk more with Barrett I'm really not sure what I can disclose more than I already have due to NDA about barrel, chamber specs etc. I will say I loaded and sized all of my Warner brass with standard RCBS 416 Barrett dies. The trigger isn't a super light bench rest trigger like all of my other rifles, but it breaks extremely clean , mine was set at 2.5# which took a little getting used to after shooting 2-4 oz jewels for so long . I know DTI makes some great rifles too, but being a lefty I've never been able to get comfortable behind anyone's to shoot since y'all seem to be backwards and shoot right handed.
When they switch calibers is it the entire what looks to be an upper in your photo or is it just the barrels?

My factory MRAD 6.5 Creedmore is a laser.

My mrad with factory proof carbon 300 prc shoots almost (but not quite there) as well as my Tacops. I think barrett will be my first booth to visit in 2 1/2 weeks.

I know first hand what a regular MRAD is capable of even in my shitty hands. They shoot lights out. I would expect a scaled up version to do the same.

Wonder what the street price on the 2.5-10 sfp will be. Sounds like a great hunting scope. My favorite currently is the NXS 2.5-10x42 and if this is comparable while 30% cheaper I might try one for my kids deer rifle.

I'm completely fine and would rather sacrifice a higher powered erector for the usability in the field.

BTW I've also had vx5hd to back because of tracking issues. But was a great scope otherwise. I have a Mk5 3.6-18x44 that I think is going on the wife's hunting rifle next year, unless hawkins comes out with some 35mm ultralight rings.

Reactions: ma smith