• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New bolt gun thought andmF&Dndefense

adam1122

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
Tx
Good evening all.

As alot of you know I don't have easy real experience in bolt guns......I pretty much stick to the AR platform. I would like to get something in a minimum of a Surreal Way, Callaburn with the potential to upgrade to maybe eight 338 in the future. Hopefully ammunition prices will come down to make this possibility much more practical but now with the way that surplus ammunition even match Ammunition is running it's costing well over a dollar a shot to put steel downrange. Normally, my day s consist of 250-500 rounds and it gets expensive fast, most collections of my AR's would make most laugh but they are all top stu ff.

So, if I had a budget of say 7k which would include the glass what should I consider? I will say the the F &D defense .308 /.338 looks to be a real piece of kit. i know they anen't cheap they have several per price options but I feel that indeed a companion for my tricked out "20 lwrc REPR with US optics on it is on order. I've heard very different lead times on how long it take to order them so if it takes then a year what would is purchase? Optics.....accessories......etc. oh, and it must be able to accept a TBAC 30p-1 on it. How about a custom bolt gun like a surgeon style instead if I'
D

Thanks gents.

Oh, off the subject I highly recommend taking a 300 meter shot against a coyote with a SW ammo 175 grain SMTP....wow. 20 inch barrel. TBAC 30p-1 on it.

I'm glad you did not stroke out again while trying to type this.

As for your question, buy a GAP10 for an accurate semi auto or by a GAP/Surgeon/Black Ops/ or AI for an accurate bolt gun. It's what ever you want to buy. That's a lot of money to spend, make sure you get exactly what you want.

Sorry to jack your thread Adam, but could you explain the rifle you have for sale under the title "I've got e ought full tile ......what do guys thinking should price this as a coammunition". It's causing quite a commotion in the for sale section. Thanks man.