• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Book you gotta read

SniperCJ

Sky God
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2001
Dallas,TX
Ive been stuck on reading SEAL books. The newest one is Fearless. The story of Adam Brown. Without giving too much away this guy went from being a full-on crackhead to Seal Six. With one eye. And a crushed hand.

Quite a story.

Reactions: fx77
Re: New Book you gotta read

That book is probably the best I've read for Seals/Marines/post 9/11 war stuff.

I thumbed through the pages at Books A Million and it looks pretty interesting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive been stuck on reading SEAL books. The newest one is Fearless. The story of Adam Brown. Without giving too much away this guy went from being a full-on crackhead to Seal Six. With one eye. And a crushed hand.

Quite a story. </div></div>

I fully expect the book to be brought by station 5 when you're finished with it.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Garvey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive been stuck on reading SEAL books. The newest one is Fearless. The story of Adam Brown. Without giving too much away this guy went from being a full-on crackhead to Seal Six. With one eye. And a crushed hand.

Quite a story. </div></div>

I fully expect the book to be brought by station 5 when you're finished with it.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Cant. Its on my iPhone...

Reading this right now, in the middle of Green team with a bad eye and a disfigured hand. Crazy amazing guy! Great book.

On my read list after I finish Ultimate Sniper. <span style="font-style: italic">Maybe</span> I'll get to it this year.

This is an amazing book. If need motivation to read this, go to NRA Life of Duty, (http://m.nralifeofduty.tv/), search for Adam Brown, and watch the two part tribute, (about 20 minutes total). After watching this you will want to be a better father, husband, and patriot.

Probably the best biography of one of our warriors I have ever read. Just amazing determination, dedication, and devotion in life as a father and warrior.
Thanks for the heads up on amazing story!

Half way through it. Great read.

Went to Barnes&Noble yesterday and saw the book, was looking for reading material for an upcoming vacation. Didn't really want to fork out the price for the hardcover but after reading this I went back today and bought the book. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Finished the book today. If you dont start to tear up at the end then youre not American! Very good book!

I picked this book up from SniperCJ's recommendation. Out of all the NSW/SEAL stories out there, Fearless is by the the best one.

The dedication Adam Brown had toward God, his Family, his teammates and the country is incredible.

A truly amazing story that will bring a tear to your eye.

Read this book, it's better than anything out there right now.

Just a follow-up on my other post on this thread. We left for Maui about 9 days after I bought the book. I didn't pick it up before we left because I wanted to "savor" it on vacation. The wife and I got a the plane in Seattle to leave and I grabbed the book. Right after everyone boarded the plane they annouced we were grounded due to lightening in the area and they couldn't fuel the plane. I started reading and hardly noticed we sat there for about an hour and a half. Towards the end of the flight I was about 95% done with the book and my wife keps asking me if I needed a tissue because I was sniffling so much.

Loved the book, it's the type I'll read more than once.

Reactions: powdahound76

This book is phenomenal! A true American Hero...I don't read much. If you don't read, or read very little, please make an exception and read this one, you wont be sorry.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm about half way done. He's not the only hero. Without the love and perseverance of his wife, and family he probably would never have been a SEAL. I was constantly in awe of his wife. She's a trooper for sure.

Cant wait to get it, sounds like a great read. I pretty much only read nonfiction (except if it has Swagger in it) and this type of (auto)biography books inspire me to be less of a pussy.
Thanks for the tip on a good read.

Read Fearless last summer It was a great read made me want to go jump off that bridge. (im to out of shape to make the swim to shore) I must be American because I did tear up for the finish.
Not more so than when I finished Lone Survivor last month.

I also Recomend, The Red Circle, American Sniper, Seal Team Six and of course No Easy Day.

Now Reading Service by Marcus Lutrell

Certainly give the civilian reader a perspective on the issues in our lives.

" You don't even have to take a physical to be a civilian"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterrdy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read Fearless last summer It was a great read made me want to go jump off that bridge. (im to out of shape to make the swim to shore) I must be American because I did tear up for the finish.

I also Recomend, The Red Circle, American Sniper, Seal Team Six and of course No Easy Day.

Now Reading Service by Marcus Lutrell </div></div>

Probably a dumb question but Seal Team Six, is that the novel or Memoirs on an Elite Navy Seal Sniper?

Btw, its payday and I now have a nice shopping list for the book store tonight. I have American Sniper and have read it twice (R.I.P. Chris Kyle) and I think it is an awesome top notch book, I am looking forward to reading more books like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterrdy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read Fearless last summer It was a great read made me want to go jump off that bridge. (im to out of shape to make the swim to shore) I must be American because I did tear up for the finish.

Now Reading Service by Marcus Lutrell </div></div>

Thanks for the recommendations. Can't say I don't listen. I already had American Sniper and have read it. I went to Barnes & Nobel to get the others and all they had was No Easy Day so I bought it and ordered the rest which showed up today. I read about a chapter a day at lunch. I am also waiting on my new HDMR to show up... Don't know which I was more excited for.

20130212_192044.jpg

Necro-Thread, sure. But "CLEAR" (zap) Believe me, it's worth it.

Many of ya'll know that I'm NOT an AmeriYank, but I teared up a few times reading this book. I'm not giving any spoilers (as others have above) but I WILL say, without reservation, that EVERYBODY on this site should be reading this book.

I am GRATEFUL for his, and everyone else's service. What goes on in this book, which is a TRUE story, is unimaginable. And yet so much of it goes on around us all, daily.

Eric Blehm is the author of this book, and a few others. I'm going to look for some of his other TRUE stories, and go from there.

If you're a decent human, if you're a Red-White-and-Blue AmeriYank, and if you're a Patriot.... you gotta read this book. You can't tell me that you don't read,,,, cause you're reading this right now.

Get the book. Be a BETTER PERSON. The only ones who don't/won't, are already dead inside.