• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Build Complete

LRJammer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2011
Southwest US
This project began when I made the decision that I wanted to start shooting some of the competitions that I read about here. My rifle was not really the proper tool for this job with its 22" barrel, top loading, and comparitively light weight. After shooting a friends AE Mk III, I have lusted mightily for one. Unfortunately, even the AE is a price point that is not within my budget right now. I enjoy doing a lot of work on my rifles myself and the decision was made to build this one myself using a Savage action. This would give me the capability to change barrels/calibers myself without being at the mercy of a gunsmiths schedule. A Stevens 200 was obtained by trade at a local gun show and the project began.

A call to Jim Briggs at NSS secured the tools necessary for barrel changing, and many of the parts for the build. The action was sent off to Kevin Rahill at Stockade for a true and time. I cant speak highly enough about these two gentlemen. They truly understand the importance of customer service. In this industry, that is becoming more rare all the time. Kevin quoted me 7-14 days turnaround for the T&T. When He recieved my action, he immediately called me to tell me that I had forgotten to send the trigger mount bracket parts for the T&T. He said that if I sent mine, he had extras that he would use until mine arrived. Five days after I sent the trigger bracket to him, to my utter shock,I got an e-mail notice that my action was on its way back to me. The action and barrel (sent in with the action for Aluminum oxide blast for Cerakote finish) arrived at my front door 13 days after they were sent! I highly recommend Kevin as he has demonstrated that he truly is a man of his word. The details of the build are:

Stevens 200 action, trued and timed by Stockade wtih lift kit
Criterion 26" barrel Varmint contour in 260 Remingon
NSS Barrel nut
NSS Recoil Lug
Southern Ordnance bolt handle
PT&G fluted bolt body
PT&G bolt head
SSS Trigger
Savage AI Chassis System
Alpha 10 rnd AICS magazines
TPS 20 MOA rail
TI Slip Cuff sling
Harris HBLMS Bi-Pod with cant tension lever
Self finish with graphite black Cerakote

It is certainly not a real AI, but as close to it as I can afford for now. I did the shoot clean process but after three rounds, there is no copper fouling at all. A Vortex 6-24 X 50 and leveling bubble are mounted and ready to go. Now if work and weather will cooperate and give me a chance to get out and test my new toy. The waiting is killing me!

Get photo to work.

Attachments

• I-PhonePics043.jpg
    I-PhonePics043.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 16
Very Nice! I just got mine back from Kevin a couple weeks ago and he definitely knows what he is doing. Keep us posted on how she shoot.

Build looks great!! Do you have a link for that Southern Ordnance bolt handle? Looks nice. I'm doing a very similar build, but went with an XLR chassis.

Build looks great!! Do you have a link for that Southern Ordnance bolt handle? Looks nice. I'm doing a very similar build, but went with an XLR chassis.

I saw a link about them on Savageshooters and found them on Ebay of all places. Great people and ship really fast.